Brewer Fanatic

Todd Frazier an option?

I think they need a middle of the order RHB. They have enough mediocre righties. Unfortunately, Donaldson and Nolan Arenado are the only available possibilities for that so it’s unlikely to happen. Andujar if they feel he can stick at 3B or split between 1B/3B. Maybe that big bat comes at 1B, though it’s less likely now with Braun having to play there some now. Josh bell would still make some sense to me

Cain Hiura Braun Garcia

Yelich Narvaez

And you are worried about RHB?

Back on topic. I just don't like Frazier. I don't like the low avg, or the low OBP, and the highish Ks. Due to having Hiura's impact bat at 2b, MKE can give up a bit of power at 3b and succeed just fine. Short of Donaldson, no 3b makes a big impact. I'd much prefer someone like Wilmer Flores. I see him being to MKE what Josh Reddick is to HOU. (but a lot cheaper)

Cain Hiura Braun Garcia

Yelich Narvaez

And you are worried about RHB?

Back on topic. I just don't like Frazier. I don't like the low avg, or the low OBP, and the highish Ks. Due to having Hiura's impact bat at 2b, MKE can give up a bit of power at 3b and succeed just fine. Short of Donaldson, no 3b makes a big impact. I'd much prefer someone like Wilmer Flores. I see him being to MKE what Josh Reddick is to HOU. (but a lot cheaper)

Just between Yelich and Narvaez in the 4 slot. The more I think about it, andujar makes a lot of sense. He, Braun, and Narvaez could split 1B with BBC andujar splitting 3b with a utility option. Brock holt makes sense for

That

Just between Yelich and Narvaez in the 4 slot. The more I think about it, andujar makes a lot of sense. He, Braun, and Narvaez could split 1B with BBC andujar splitting 3b with a utility option. Brock holt makes sense for

So you have:

Cain Hiura Yelich XXX Narvaez

and you don't think Braun or Garcia are good enough for that spot?

I'm hoping it's Cain Yelich Hiura Thames/Braun Garcia Narvaez 1-6 and I don't see how a RHB is missing in the middle unless Braun is hurt.

So you have:

Cain Hiura Yelich XXX Narvaez

and you don't think Braun or Garcia are good enough for that spot?

I'm hoping it's Cain Yelich Hiura Thames/Braun Garcia Narvaez 1-6 and I don't see how a RHB is missing in the middle unless Braun is hurt.

Sure Braun can hit 4th, for the 110 starts he gets if healthy and if he doesn’t drop off too much. I’m also not sure about Cain returning to pre-2019 form (I’d actually lead off Thames assuming he comes back vs rhp). So let’s say they sign Todd Frazier for 3B. With Braun sitting quite a bit especially, that’s a lot of mediocrity in the lower half of the lineup for me.

I'd like to sign Todd Frazier as a strict platoon option. With teams being forced to use pitchers for 3 batters, I feel it's going to raise the value of heavy platoon split hitters. Teams will know what pitcher is starting the inning and can load their lineup to match up against them.
@WiscoSportsNut

• 4 weeks later...

Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Rangers have agreed to terms with Todd Frazier, pending a deal.

Details of the contract aren't known at this point. The Rangers have been connected to Anthony Rendon, Josh Donaldson and Nolan Arenado this offseason but for now will settle for Frazier at third base. The veteran infielder figures to see some time at first base against left-handers, as well. Frazier batted .251/.329/.443 with 21 home runs across 499 plate appearances for the Mets last season.

Related: Texas Rangers

Source: Dallas Morning News

Jan 12, 2020, 2:45 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Rangers have agreed to terms with Todd Frazier, pending a deal.

Details of the contract aren't known at this point. The Rangers have been connected to Anthony Rendon, Josh Donaldson and Nolan Arenado this offseason but for now will settle for Frazier at third base. The veteran infielder figures to see some time at first base against left-handers, as well. Frazier batted .251/.329/.443 with 21 home runs across 499 plate appearances for the Mets last season.

Related: Texas Rangers

Source: Dallas Morning News

Jan 12, 2020, 2:45 PM ET

Apparently it is a 1 year $5 million deal.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/rangers-to-sign-todd-frazier.html

Rosenthal: "Free-agent third baseman Todd Frazier in agreement with #Rangers on one-year, $5M contract, source tells The Athletic. The deal, which includes a club option, is pending a physical."

I probably would have done that over the Sogard Gyorko platoon.

• 1 year later...

Archived