Brewer Fanatic

If the Brewers sign Avisail Garcia do they trade Lorenzo Cain?

Soupbone

It has crossed by mind, but no I don’t see them actually doing that. Cain is a solid bounce back candidate and a gold glove center fielder. For the price we pay him, it’s probably best to hold onto him and enjoy the best defensive center fielder in the game and hope that he hits .270-.280 the rest of the way.

There has been talk that they are looking to trade Cain. Do you think that one leads to the other?

No, because we wouldn't have a decent CF on the roster.

and i can't see someone taking on that contract.

Really? You really think with all the money being thrown out there this off-season that a large market club would think twice about $15M or so for gold glove caliber defense in CF the next three years? That's not even a dent to any large market club.

I mean, do we really need Pina if we can just have Braun be the right handed side of the Catching Platoon?

Maybe the Brewers will consider trading Pina to restock the farm.

Really should be in transaction thread, but no, no one would likely take the contract. Gold glove defense is never that hard to find...it is when that guy provides offense that makes them harder to find.

Not saying he can’t or won’t rebound, but he is going to be 34. That age also raises questions about how much longer he can actually be a GG defender and his durability.

He just isn’t that attractive. Not worthless, but certainly not 3 year commitment worthy off a down year at 33.

yes, the brewers will trade him at his lowest value, for only the other teams high value players. you heard it here, first.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Why would we trade a 2018 MVP candidate who somehow still managed an averagish 2019 campaign despite visibly wincing in pain the entire season?

Hot take: Cain will outperform Yelich by fWAR next season.

Yes we will trade Lorenzo Cain to satisfy fans and slash a "bad" contract. Then we will dream of signing a player as good as Lorenzo Cain on a "bad" contract with the saved cash.

Straight up trade of Cain for Snell, was what I heard!

[sarcasm]50/50 chance. Could just be laying the ground work for a mid season trade.[/sarcasm]

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I mean, do we really need Pina if we can just have Braun be the right handed side of the Catching Platoon?

Maybe the Brewers will consider trading Pina to restock the farm.

I love where your head is at with this one. I mean, especially since they haven't been able to lock Braun up on another extension, we might as well wear out those knees while we are at it.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So...the difference in offense between Garcia and Cain (which may end up being zero or negative) less the difference in defense between Cain and Yelich in CF (huge), and Yelich and Garcia in RF (significant).

That equals an emphatic No to parting with LoCain.

Who is lining up to trade for Cain? We couldn't give him away right now with that contract.

We could agree to send along $50-$75 million in exchange for a light hitting ham fisted 3B. Pure salary dump and then #Science2020 is on!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The real question I have is now that Braun is apparently displaced in some way, is there any market for him? His contract was unmovable before, but a market for a one-year, $17 million commitment for a guy that OPS'd .800+ doesn't seem completely out of the question.

The real question I have is now that Braun is apparently displaced in some way, is there any market for him? His contract was unmovable before, but a market for a one-year, $17 million commitment for a guy that OPS'd .800+ doesn't seem completely out of the question.

IMO it doesn't matter as he has 10/5 rights and won't agree to go anywhere besides maybe the Dodgers and even then perhaps not.

Archived