Brewer Fanatic

Josh Lindblom signs with Brewers - 3 years / $9.125 mil [Latest: Lindblom DFAd]

torts

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
right . . . and giving him three innings last night would've been a great way to start stretching him out for insertion into the rotation.

Perhaps ... unless they have him pegged for a multi-inning role today as backup for Houser, or they have him slated to start one of the games in Chicago this weekend.

right . . . and giving him three innings last night would've been a great way to start stretching him out for insertion into the rotation.

Perhaps ... unless they have him pegged for a multi-inning role today as backup for Houser, or they have him slated to start one of the games in Chicago this weekend.

I get the idea about reducing the overall innings for the starters, considering last year, by going to a 6-man rotation, but the bullpen is not in any shape right now to go with 6 starters, many of whom can't get past the 5th (lindblom/Houser) or 6th (Peralta) innings. That's a lot of innings of cringe-worthy relief pitching. They might want to just roll with a few Houser/Lindblom tandems until they can find some replacements for Yardley and Rasmussen.

I get the idea about reducing the overall innings for the starters, considering last year, by going to a 6-man rotation, but the bullpen is not in any shape right now to go with 6 starters, many of whom can't get past the 5th (lindblom/Houser) or 6th (Peralta) innings. That's a lot of innings of cringe-worthy relief pitching. They might want to just roll with a few Houser/Lindblom tandems until they can find some replacements for Yardley and Rasmussen.

I'd take our chances now with a depleted bullpen if it meant moving Lindbloom back into the rotation. We need a six-man rotation because our two aces simply cannot pitch a regular top-of-the-rotation full season workload if we want them to survive into the postseason and/or not be destroyed in the future due to overwork. Just look at the career innings totals for both Woodruff and Burnes.

I'd take our chances now with a depleted bullpen if it meant moving Lindbloom back into the rotation. We need a six-man rotation because our two aces simply cannot pitch a regular top-of-the-rotation full season workload if we want them to survive into the postseason and/or not be destroyed in the future due to overwork. Just look at the career innings totals for both Woodruff and Burnes.

You've seen Lindblom's stat line for the Brewers? He's been awful so far in 2021, and in every start but two in 2020he gave up multiple runs and failed to finish more than 5 innings along the way. In other words, if the Brewers went to a six-man rotation, I'm not so sure Lindblom would even be the first one out of the chute for the sixth spot.

a public service announcement that josh lindblom is on the brewers' 26-man roster. with a five run lead last night, i was surprised that he wasn't put in for a three-inning save attempt.

They didn't want to have to bring in Hader again.

There's other ways to protect the arms of Woodruff and Burnes without going to a 6 man rotation. I trust Counsell will be monitoring them both closely. He is not going to just ignorantly run their arms into the ground.

We want less innings out of Lindblom, not more.

I thought this was a great deal when we signed it. I was dead wrong.

I only looked at the upside and didn't ask myself why the KBO Cy Young was available for just over 3 million a year on a multi year deal. I guess there was a reason.

The Problem is what role does he have? If he can't even go more than 3 2/3 innings when he's put in as the mop up guy, what role can he possibly have. We will still need 4 YES FOUR innings out of the pen today even after throwing in the long-man in a game we were behind by 11 (when the decision was made to pull him). The way Lindblom pitches he could go 140-150 pitches and not put a strain on his arm. Jamie Moyer could pitch both games of a double header without breaking a sweat, Lindblom should be able to go a week straight pitching.

Actually it aged perfectly. This loser should be DFA’d. Problem is, what are the alternatives?

My guess is Suter takes the rotation spot (assuming Anderson's injury requires the DL) and Hardy comes up to replace him in the pen as the middle inning lefty. Later in the year it would be Ashby. Hopefully somebody will put a waiver claim in on Lindblom and Brewers can save a little but I seriously doubt it. Hardy isn't on the 40 man so he'll need s spot and Lindblom basically just handed one to him today.

Actually it aged perfectly. This loser should be DFA’d. Problem is, what are the alternatives?

every team needs a mop-up guy that can eat innings. I'd hope he doesnt pitch any high leverage innings, but he's fine for the role he is in for the money he makes.