Brewer Fanatic

Josh Lindblom signs with Brewers - 3 years / $9.125 mil [Latest: Lindblom DFAd]

torts

I think it’s time to admit defeat with Lindblom as well. He just isn’t good. Bullpen should be Hader, Williams, Suter, Boxberger, Lauer (if they aren’t going with the 6 man rotation) and some trade acquisition/s.

Wait a minute, so you’re going to release the guy, then trade away more talent to get some relief arms? Maybe they should have just kept Rasmussen and Feyereisen

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it’s time to admit defeat with Lindblom as well. He just isn’t good. Bullpen should be Hader, Williams, Suter, Boxberger, Lauer (if they aren’t going with the 6 man rotation) and some trade acquisition/s.

Wait a minute, so you’re going to release the guy, then trade away more talent to get some relief arms? Maybe they should have just kept Rasmussen and Feyereisen

I don't know if the answer is releasing Lindblom but if you don't think the guy can be an effective relief pitcher then of course you should release him, it doesn't matter what other transactions were previously made. They had to trade controllable relief pitchers for a controllable SS. It might be easier to get a guy on a one year deal or a little overpaid.

I don't know if the answer is releasing Lindblom but if you don't think the guy can be an effective relief pitcher then of course you should release him, it doesn't matter what other transactions were previously made. They had to trade controllable relief pitchers for a controllable SS. It might be easier to get a guy on a one year deal or a little overpaid.

We're in May coming off a shortened season, where the expectations are teams are going to need extra pitching. The Brewers have already diluted a significant portion of their relief pitching depth, I doubt they are going to dig a deeper hole now to acquire relief pitching from another team.

Therefore the question is whether or not they believe Lindblom is more effective than the next man up: Godley?, LeBlanc? Blaine Hardy, etc. and if so is it worth biting the bullet on nearly 6 million dollars in guarantees to Lindblom. I don't like him but I bet they'll give him every chance to try to figure something out that works on the mound.

Yes. He simply is not good. The Brewers have proven to be quite adept at acquiring or developing relievers over the years, be it Swarzak, Pomeranz or Feyereisen. I think Rasmussen was going to be another hit but you have to make that trade for a potential long term solution at SS. I think Richards has every chance to be as good as Feyereisen.

Unfortunately, they are not going to hit 1000 on them and I think Lindblom is a swing and miss.

Weird time to bring him up. I didn’t watch yesterday but his line was actually pretty good. 4.5 ERA for the day, no hits, 1 BB in 2 innings is a 0.5 WHIP. 18 k/9.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

So, will St. Louis pick him up and he’ll end up as a serviceable starter, include dominating appearances against the Brewers?

This only works when the Brewers have a great lineup that includes the likes of Braun, Fielder, Hart and Weeks in their prime. When you have the lineup they throw out now, dominating performances against the Brewers come from anyone! :laughing :angry

So, will St. Louis pick him up and he’ll end up as a serviceable starter, include dominating appearances against the Brewers?

This only works when the Brewers have a great lineup that includes the likes of Braun, Fielder, Hart and Weeks in their prime. When you have the lineup they throw out now, dominating performances against the Brewers come from anyone! :laughing :angry

This is unfortunately true. There’s a chance that someone making their MLB debut could keep the Brewers hitless for most or all of a game.

The money should be inconsequential. They have cut bait on players making much more.

I'm glad that the front office is being proactive in recognizing mistakes and moving on.

For a team trying to win this year or next year, there was no justifiable reason to give Josh Lindblom another appearance.

So he's not really going anywhere. Just gets him off the 40 and to Nashville.

Probably not a bad thing. Stretch him out I guess. I'm surprised he would accept an assignment to Nashville. But I assume he doesn't have the service time to reject an outright assignment without forfeiting his salary.

So, let's say Lindblom goes down to AAA does well and comes back up later this year. Would they then be paying him what he's owed on the original contract, plus what he'd get in this new one (league min type,basically the same as if it was any other random player we picked up).

So, let's say Lindblom goes down to AAA does well and comes back up later this year. Would they then be paying him what he's owed on the original contract, plus what he'd get in this new one (league min type,basically the same as if it was any other random player we picked up).

I think he just continues to collect the salary from the contract we signed him to whether he's pitching for the Timber Rattlers or Brewers. No new contract needed.

Unless someone else claimed him and his contract on waivers (unlikely).

I like that the Brewers and the FO are being proactive in trying to improve the team and not waiting until July. Urias was not doing well, trade for Adames. Lindblom continues to struggle, DFA him. Lindblom didn't work out. It happens. Cut your losses and move on.

Well said. I believe almost all Crew fans agree with you.