Brewer Fanatic

keon broxton minor league deal; postseason eligible

djoctagone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't expect him to make the team out of Spring Training obviously... but if we are stretching our imaginations here, he is the kind of guy you WOULD use a 26th roster spot on. Late inning pinch running into defensive replacement does add value to your overall roster if you have the space for it. Building a roster out of multi-position players theoretically allows for the use of the extra roster spot for a guy like this.

Don't yell at me, I don't want Keon getting at bats as much as the next guy ... I'm just mentioning it.

Good depth for SA. I always liked Broxton. It's a shame that his bat has always had such a giant hole in it. With the tools he has if he could have ever gotten his K rate down to even 30% he would probably be a productive major league starter.

In 2018 for the Brewers he was worth +1.1 fWAR in just 51 games despite hitting .179 and striking out 31.5% of the time, the bat is not the draw here :laughing (although he does give HR pop off the bench).

No downside to this signing, and I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the roster as a fifth outfielder over Tyrone Taylor and Corey Ray.

Yelich-Cain-Broxton defensive outfield of death

I would think that both Tyrone Taylor and Corey Ray would get a shot at that 5th OF spot before Keon.

We know what Keon is (not much), if Taylor and Ray are not traded by then, I'd hope they'd get a look before Broxton.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I would think that both Tyrone Taylor and Corey Ray would get a shot at that 5th OF spot before Keon.

We know what Keon is (not much), if Taylor and Ray are not traded by then, I'd hope they'd get a look before Broxton.

Taylor is definitely the front runner, but he could always have a bad Spring Training.

Corey Ray needs to repeat AAA after the season he had, I think he's only on the 40-man because they think he can still develop and didn't want to lose him to another team.

I fully expect Broxton to be our 5th OF. If he could just hit a bit more, he could carve out a Mike Cameron-like career.

Ray really needs to do something this year in the minors. He has seemed a fringe prospect for some time, and one good season does not make a star (Brad Nelson even had a couple good minor league seasons).

I fully expect Broxton to be our 5th OF. If he could just hit a bit more, he could carve out a Mike Cameron-like career.

Ray really needs to do something this year in the minors. He has seemed a fringe prospect for some time, and one good season does not make a star (Brad Nelson even had a couple good minor league seasons).

I agree, however one good season makes your value 'flippable' for a valuable asset (see: Grisham, Trent).

I agree he needs to come to play this year!

If Broxton makes this roster out of training camp, something has gone horribly wrong...

speed and defense as the 26th guy . . . especially with ryan braun and lorenzo cain expected to be banged up and in need of rest? i don't think that's a terrible idea.

yes, i'd start ben gamel ahead of keon broxton when a veteran needs a day off . . .

Archived