Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Justin Grimm to minor league deal, big league camp invite

brwrsfan
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
They have extra roster spots for a couple weeks. Those spots will go to meh guys since they will be dumped when rosters shrink back down.

Yeah, I was guessing they added a couple guys to the 40-man recently that could be dropped back off without much concern about losing them.

grimm is now 31 years old, and is only 61 days of service shy of eligibility for article xx-b free agency. with service time being prorated this year, he only needs 22 days on the active roster to reach six years of service and be eligible for free agency.

I wonder if Grimm might be the odd man out when Brett Anderson is activated ... someone has to be released from the 40-man roster ... I could see that being Grimm as his last two outings (White Sox scrimmage & one regular season game) have been less than stellar. I like JPF over him as a young controllable arm. Grimm has very little upside to me - he wasn’t very good with the Cubs either.

• 2 weeks later...
grimm is now 31 years old, and is only 61 days of service shy of eligibility for article xx-b free agency. with service time being prorated this year, he only needs 22 days on the active roster to reach six years of service and be eligible for free agency.

this is a public service announcement to remind you of a guy you may have forgotten about.

justin grimm is still on the 28-man roster, and is nearing reaching six years of service time.

he has appeared in only one game for the club, on 26 july.

With no options, the "best case" is he gets hot in spring training and makes the roster, comes back to reality and loses us a couple of games in April, and is DFA'd in May.

Your idea of "best case" is odd.

Yeah, that seems to be the worst case scenario.

2020: "Hold my beer."

Archived