Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Justin Grimm to minor league deal, big league camp invite

brwrsfan

He was great for the Cubs for one season but it was in 2015. He’s dealt with some injuries since then. Certainly worth a Spring Training spot to see if he can find what he once had...
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

He was a light out reliever for the Cubs in 2015. Not sure what happened since.

Next season is 2020. 2015 performance is not relevant

Is there something about "minor league deal with a spring training invite" that was confusing to you? These are the exact type of guys you give a chance to.

i am fairly certain that was his point, but i can't speak for him.

You certainly can in this instance. I have no idea what Briggs is talking about. I just pointed out his dominance in 2015 and questioned what happened since then. In no way was I trying to imply that Grimm is going to turn back the clock and go full domination this year because he did in 2015.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I don't think he was using 2015 as proof of anything.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Maybe 2015 was his "Arcia Year" (adjective - when a player has a year that is inconsistent with his previous and past performance that leads GMs to give said player numerous chances to reclaim their Arcia Year performance, but ultimately fail. sometimes confused with "career year", however, "career year" implies that the player had a successful career, "Arcia year" does not.)

Maybe 2015 was his "Arcia Year" (adjective - when a player has a year that is inconsistent with his previous and past performance that leads GMs to give said player numerous chances to reclaim their Arcia Year performance, but ultimately fail. sometimes confused with "career year", however, "career year" implies that the player had a successful career, "Arcia year" does not.)

I like this.

.... I just pointed out his dominance in 2015 and questioned what happened since then.....

Mostly injuries. He dealt with back issues through much of 2016 & parts of 2017...

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

With no options, the "best case" is he gets hot in spring training and makes the roster, comes back to reality and loses us a couple of games in April, and is DFA'd in May.

Your idea of "best case" is odd.

Yeah, that seems to be the worst case scenario.

• 7 months later...

Archived