Brewer Fanatic

Stearns Open to Trading Cain?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28216818/mookie-lindor-arenado-players-should-mlb-offseason-trade-talks

I don’t recall Cain ever being specifically mentioned as a trade possibility until now, but it seems like the Brewers are at least open to the idea of moving Cain this offseason. Whether it’ll happen will remain to be seen, but that would be quite an interesting development.

He is set to make a lot of money the next 3 seasons, but odds are he rebounds this year to at least a .750 OPS with gold glove defense in CF. I'd rather not see him moved in a salary dump situation, I'd rather see him traded at the deadline if we are out of the race.

He is set to make a lot of money the next 3 seasons, but odds are he rebounds this year to at least a .750 OPS with gold glove defense in CF. I'd rather not see him moved in a salary dump situation, I'd rather see him traded at the deadline if we are out of the race.

I think if he's moved, it's because of the org's projections of his OPS in years 4 and 5. I'd imagine most would agree with you about 2020/year 3.

Can't imagine there's any way this happens, especially after we just traded Grisham last week and with Braunie coming off the books after this season. All of a sudden, we'll be losing a lot of that OF depth that we once had.

And as others have already mentioned, no team is going to want 3 more years of Cain with his contract numbers. I'd imagine that we'd have to pick up a pretty big % of what he is owed to make any type of a deal.

Archived