Brewer Fanatic

Scooter

Suddenly the Brewers have gone from a predominantly LH lineup to basically Yelich and when he plays, Gamel. Unfortunately, the list of FA corner infielders isn't loaded with left handed bats either. Thames is probably the best name out there and now that Moose has gone elsewhere, he's got more leverage. Stearns needs to admit not picking up his option was an error, and get him back even if the price isn't what he hoped it would be.

Now about Scooter. After two outstanding offensive years, he had a severe injury in spring training that limited him to just 133 AB's in 2019 and he struggled in those. Not Travis Shaw bad by any means, but not close to his 2017-18 form. The knock on Scooter is that he's primarily just a 2B, and he's only played 10 games at 3B in his career. Well that's more than Shaw had played at 2B and the way the Brewers move their infielders around, it's not like he'd be lining up there every play. I get that his arm isn't that strong, but heck the Cardinals played Carpenter at 3B a lot and he can barely get it to first base. At 29 years old (he'll be 30 in May) and presumably fully healthy, is there a better bounce back candidate out there?

If he could play 3B, I'd be for it. I just don't think he can.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I had them signing Thames, Brock Holt, and trading for Omar Narvaez for the exact reason to keep lineup balance. But Scooter doesn’t have playing Rome available in Milwaukee. If he wants a shot at playing time in the majors, it’ll have to be with some crap team like Detroit

Stearns needs to admit not picking up his option was an error, and get him back even if the price isn't what he hoped it would be.

I would be surprised if the front office’s valuation of Thames worth has changed much over the past month. They seem pretty disciplined when it comes to that sort of thing.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The Brewers analytics department is just "out there" enough where I could see them doing something like this. Gennett should come pretty cheap, and would be a solid rebound candidate. Obviously the question is whether he can actually play 3B at an acceptable level.

Well, since the general tone of this board is to take any player available and put them at 1B, even if they have never played the position in their entire life, can Scooter play 1B? (maybe this should be in light blue since I don't really mean it, or do I?)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived