Brewer Fanatic

Blake Treinen

I'm curious about what people here think about possibly bolstering the bullpen with Blake Treinen. I have done any digging into his issues last season but, at least on the surface, he seems like a good bounce-back candidate.
"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

I'm curious about what people here think about possibly bolstering the bullpen with Blake Treinen. I have done any digging into his issues last season but, at least on the surface, he seems like a good bounce-back candidate.

Treinen may bounce-back, but he made $6.4m last year and had a horrendous year. He would have to take a huge cut for the Brewers to be interested. He's too big a risk to pay bigger dollars to when they have so many spots to fill. Relievers are a tough position to figure out year to year.

Archived