Brewer Fanatic

Shaw, Claudio, Nelson, Saladino, Guerra Non-Tendered

Brewcrewin07
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaw isn't going to be back. I think both parties just have reasons that maybe a change of scenery is best right now.

I also think he'll get a MLB deal based on his track record from 2017 and 2018. He'll be a great cheap rebound candidate for someone that misses out on the expensive options.

Shaw says goodbye

Nice message and I will miss him in a Brewers uniform. He had two great years and last year was frustrating for him and us. Good luck to Travis and I hope he finds his way back to being a very productive player again but unfortunately it won't be in Milwaukee anymore.

Shaw isn't going to be back. I think both parties just have reasons that maybe a change of scenery is best right now.

I also think he'll get a MLB deal based on his track record from 2017 and 2018. He'll be a great cheap rebound candidate for someone that misses out on the expensive options.

Yeah, I think he'll start for a non-contender, and I hope he does well. He's shown he has the talent, but after last year the Brewers weren't going to count on him as an everyday guy.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Shaw says goodbye

Nice message and I will miss him in a Brewers uniform. He had two great years and last year was frustrating for him and us. Good luck to Travis and I hope he finds his way back to being a very productive player again but unfortunately it won't be in Milwaukee anymore.

I thought it was a little salty mentioning whoever takes him next will get a “HIGHLY motivated and determined player”.

Shaw says goodbye

I thought it was a little salty mentioning whoever takes him next will get a “HIGHLY motivated and determined player”.

I don't think he was ever not highly motivated and determined. There was probably 5-6 stories last year on how Shaw was trying everything to turn things around. Motivation and determination doesn't hit a baseball, though. I hope he figures it out.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Shaw says goodbye

That's not how I took it. Maybe....... but dude hit .160 last year. He's got to be motivated to play better. If he hits .160 again he's out of the league. That's motivational.

Trading for Moustakas got in his head and he never shook it. I wouldn't be surprised if Shaw puts up another 3.0 fWAR season for somebody like the Marlins. But so it goes, he didn't necessarily make sense for a competitive Brewers club at that price.

Moustakas got to him? I’m not following. He posted an OPS of .860 and .829 in the months after they traded for Moustakas. You know, back when Moustakas actually was taking time away from Shaw at 3B. Shaw then struggled in 2019 when Moustakas was taking zero time away from him at 3B. Now he eventually did, but that was after Shaw was already a disaster and derailed his season.

The stats don’t back up that claim and there was no reason in 2018 or 2019 for Shaw to be bothered by Moustakas.

Moustakas got to him? I’m not following. He posted an OPS of .860 and .829 in the months after they traded for Moustakas. You know, back when Moustakas actually was taking time away from Shaw at 3B. Shaw then struggled in 2019 when Moustakas was taking zero time away from him at 3B. Now he eventually did, but that was after Shaw was already a disaster and derailed his season.

The stats don’t back up that claim and there was no reason in 2018 or 2019 for Shaw to be bothered by Moustakas.

Probably a narrative from when Boston started splitting up his playing time in the 2h of the season where he fell apart. If he truly believes this, he's looking for a scapegoat.

Archived