Brewer Fanatic

Shaw, Claudio, Nelson, Saladino, Guerra Non-Tendered

Brewcrewin07

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, he wasn't kidding this team will look different next spring.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Everybody gone

Wow. Taken individually none of them are too shocking, but I'd have expected one or two to be tendered.

Given the many players coming off the 40-man roster, it makes it even more surprising that there was no room for someone like Zack Brown, despite his struggles. One would think/hope that this also means moves are coming, that there has been a purpose to this pruning of the roster.

Not that i was necessarily in favor of it, but the ONLY way you don't tender Shaw with Moose being gone is if you pretty much have a "locked in" plan already for 3B, right?? You can't non tender Shaw under the circumstances and hope "so and so takes our offer". To me you would already HAVE to know what you're doing.

Smart and not surprising. That would have been a pretty penny to spend on question marks.

Hopefully no one here takes this as them being cheap. They're not going to carry a $60 million payroll (or whatever the current tally is). They're going to acquire or sign some people with a salary figure attached, you can count on it. If not, complain at that time.

Not that i was necessarily in favor of it, but the ONLY way you don't tender Shaw with Moose being gone is if you pretty much have a "locked in" plan already for 3B, right?? You can't non tender Shaw under the circumstances and hope "so and so takes our offer". To me you would already HAVE to know what you're doing.

I'm not sure why you would think they don't. Replacing and improving on Shaw's 2019 isn't a tall task.

They tried to sign Shaw

That sounds like something else might get done, to me at least.

Nothing wrong with it either. These guys weren't attractive at their projected arby numbers. But any of them can look much better at a lower number. This also pushes those decisions to a later date which helps with budgeting for other things.

No, they're just winging it. They may not even have a player starting at 3B on opening day.

Good luck to Nelson and it sucks what happened but it’s not worth it with him IMO.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived