Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Arcia- 1 Year $2.2 Million

markedman5

Again, there are no strong metrics to back this up. Maybe they have a whole new level of fancy numbers that no one online computes and that tells a different story, but the numbers we have say its perception.

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2020/1/11/21058985/milwaukee-brewers-orlando-arcia-statcast-defense-infield-outs-above-average

Good article, and how volatile is this new computation? 1 12 -4 sure point towards some swings comparable to pitch framing. We are assigning blame % in this right? Raw numbers making that accurate is insanely tricky. People making that accurate is hard to avoid bias.

There is always going to be some volatility in any system of evaulation. That's why I like to look at multiple ones along with what people in the know think. If there's a significant amount of agreement among them I think it's hard to argue they're all wrong. Pretty much everything points to Arcia having a down year defensively last year. I don't expect it to continue, but if it does that negates a pretty large part of his value even if he hits to his potential. Personally I'm pulling for him to regain his elite defense. I love great defensive play and always pull for guys who are elite. He can be and I think he will be again but he wasn't last season.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived