Brewer Fanatic

Francisco Lindor

Reports (per Rosenthal, MLB Network) are that the Indians are telling teams to get their final offers in on Lindor.

I could see the Brewers trying to get in on Lindor. Hader plus Arcia & Ray, that kind of thing, but being outbid.

The other side of that is that depending on who Lindor gets traded to (the Dodgers especially), it could really open up a trade avenue for the Brewers to trade for an infielder who gets blocked by Lindor...

Stay tuned, could be an interesting couple of weeks...

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Alright I've kinda done the, "someone explain this to me" thing on other threads.

-I understand Cleveland's ownership is cheap

-They have a history of trading guys away before they lose them in free agency

If they trade Lindor, Ramirez, or Clevenger...all of which are in their prime and are not paid more than they are worth (you could argue Kluber was)...what would compel them to want Josh Hader or Arcia? They're pretty clearly rebuilding if they put the next foot down. So the guys they're trading for should all have 5+ years of control and probably be not very close to the majors.

Trading for Josh Hader will keep them at a 77 win team without Lindor and Kluber (and maybe Clevenger) and when they finally get their next wave up, Josh Hader will be a $14 million reliever with one year left of control.

I think Cleveland is only trading these guys if they get absolutely blown away with a reason to start rebuilding. I sincerely hope from a baseball-wide perspective that they aren't selling off guys like Lindor or Clevenger for pennies on the dollar with zero franchise direction so that they can chop payroll down more than they already have (and they've already drastically slashed it).

Alright I've kinda done the, "someone explain this to me" thing on other threads.

-I understand Cleveland's ownership is cheap

-They have a history of trading guys away before they lose them in free agency

If they trade Lindor, Ramirez, or Clevenger...all of which are in their prime and are not paid more than they are worth (you could argue Kluber was)...what would compel them to want Josh Hader or Arcia? They're pretty clearly rebuilding if they put the next foot down. So the guys they're trading for should all have 5+ years of control and probably be not very close to the majors.

Trading for Josh Hader will keep them at a 77 win team without Lindor and Kluber (and maybe Clevenger) and when they finally get their next wave up, Josh Hader will be a $14 million reliever with one year left of control.

I think Cleveland is only trading these guys if they get absolutely blown away with a reason to start rebuilding. I sincerely hope from a baseball-wide perspective that they aren't selling off guys like Lindor or Clevenger for pennies on the dollar with zero franchise direction so that they can chop payroll down more than they already have (and they've already drastically slashed it).

Archived