LHP Hader (from MIL)

OF Phillips (from KC)

ROYALS GET

LHP Claudio (from MIL)

3B/1B Erceg (from MIL)

LHP Morejon (from SD)

3B Potts (from SD)

OF Ray (from MIL)

Royals are getting screwed royally by your trade. Why would the Padres want Phillips? He has played his way out of the major leagues and isn't even throw-in material. Erceg and Ray weren't good enough to even put on the 40 man roster. Little value. Claudio is a middle of the road reliever that the Royals can pickup for next to nothing. Potts stunk at AA last year and offers very, very little. Morejon is a decent prospect, but the Royals would want much more for Merrifield.

is the SD catcher that good ? and curious where does Merrifeld play for us?

Merrifield would take over the Perez role, but be a legit top of the order bat. He can play in the outfield or any of the infield spots except maybe SS. He could even possibly be a passable SS option, but hasn’t played there in the majors. He would play 150+ games. It would just be at a bunch of different positions filling in for guys needing time off.

Royals are getting screwed royally by your trade. Why would the Padres want Phillips? He has played his way out of the major leagues and isn't even throw-in material. Erceg and Ray weren't good enough to even put on the 40 man roster. Little value. Claudio is a middle of the road reliever that the Royals can pickup for next to nothing. Potts stunk at AA last year and offers very, very little. Morejon is a decent prospect, but the Royals would want much more for Merrifield.

Not disagreeing with the premise of your post, but Ray was added to the 40-man. He's talented and the Brewers haven't given up on him.

Per Cots, Merrifield has a remaining contract of 4 years / $16.25M with a 2023 option. That's pretty cheap for a good player, so they'd be giving up quite a bit on the hopes that Ray "finds it" after a down year last year.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Merrifield is probably a pretty solid bet to be at least a 10 WAR player over the next four years. That's 90 million in value. He makes 21 million over those four years and should get a few million more in incentives. I don't see his surplus value being any less than 65 million.

Morejon's stock has also fallen significantly. He was a 50'ish prospect on the top 100 lists around this time last year, but there is no way he carries that type of value today.

I have the feeling the Brewers might have something brewing with the Padres

I hope it not Josh being moved

A Hader/Lutz-for-Mejia/Morejon/Lauer deal would be a good one for the Crew, I think. Solidifies catcher for three years, and two more young starters, one of whom looks to be a potential ace/TOR.

A Hader/Lutz-for-Mejia/Morejon/Lauer deal would be a good one for the Crew, I think. Solidifies catcher for three years, and two more young starters, one of whom looks to be a potential ace/TOR.

No freaking way!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Which one looks to be potential ace? Lauer projects to a #4-5 type. The Brewers have too many guys like him. Not a difference maker. Morejon was very mediocre at AA last year and his stock is sinking fast because of it. They tried him in the big leagues and it was a disaster. Mejia was so bad behind the plate the Padres are trying to make an OF out of him. The Brewers could do much better.

Taking your Hader 3-team a different direction. Trade value surplus in ()

Brewers get (+.8):

Corey Seager

Edwin Rios

Brad Hand

Indians get (+.5):

Dustin May

Trent Grisham

Dodgers get (-1.3):

Francisco Lindor

Corey Kluber

Josh Hader

Tristan Lutz

Seager SS

Yelich RF

Hiura 2B

Braun LF

Moose 3B

Cain CF

Rios 1B

Pina C

Taking your Hader 3-team a different direction. Trade value surplus in ()

Brewers get (+.8):

Corey Seager

Edwin Rios

Brad Hand

Indians get (+.5):

Dustin May

Trent Grisham

Dodgers get (-1.3):

Francisco Lindor

Corey Kluber

Josh Hader

Tristan Lutz

Seager SS

Yelich RF

Hiura 2B

Braun LF

Moose 3B

Cain CF

Rios 1B

Pina C

Indians only get a prospect and a middle of the road OF for Lindor, Hand, and Kluber? Their GM would be tarred, feathered and ridden out of town on a rail if he even thought of that deal. He would want more than May-Grisham for Kluber alone.

Archived