Brewer Fanatic

Orlando Dreamers

patrickgpe

I must say, that I am against any MLB expansion. MLB doesn't have enough pitchers for 30 teams,much less 31 (and more likely 32).

I am more posting this, for the absurdity of their logo. https://orlandodreamers.com/.

If you are launching an initiative to add baseball to your comminity, could you atleast hire a graphic designer to come up with something that doesn't look like your 12 year old grandson did it with clipart from Microsoft powerpoint. Better to have nothing.

The only way MLB should send a team to Orlando is if TB or Miami are relocated. Those two teams were dead last in attendance ... what would be different in Orlando?

Yeah, move Tampa there or something if they really feel the need to. MLB has had 2 of their last 4 expansion markets work out very poorly, so I'd hope they'd be hesitant to do anything more at this point.

The fact the Rays and Marlins fail to draw has way more to do with things outside of the state of Florida. Rays stadium is a dump and in a horrid location. Marlins have been a horridly run franchise for a long time and it has hit an impressive low the last 5 years. I also think their stadium is known to be in a poor spot.

I don't think those two teams reflect how a team in Orlando would draw. I don't think they would draw incredibly well, but it would probably be better than those teams.

The reason this won't happen (or any expansion) is because there are currently multiple teams with dumps for stadiums that can't get new ones. Until they get new stadiums (or relocate) a team simply isn't getting added. I will agree there seem to be better locations for a new team, not sure why Orlando would be selected.

Interestingly, the Distance between Orlando and Tampa is nearly the same as the distance between Milwaukee and Chicago.

However, the fact that the latter are cities in two different states with great fan bases, compared to a single state with terrible baseball fan bases, IMO.

Bad idea.

Agreed, but if MLB wants to do it, wouldn't they rather put a team in Vegas or Nashville. There are other options like Charlotte, Portland, Montreal, and San Antonio but I see similar issues to them as Orlando.

Vegas could work, but Jersey and Brooklyn should be #1 and #2 on any expansion list. Maybe Providence or Foxboro MA.

In fact, I think the Florida teams should just split their season and play in Tampa/Miami in April, May, and September and should play in Jersey/Brooklyn in Jun, July and August. Playoff series' could alternate "home" sites.

Well over half the people in Florida are "from" somewhere else anyway (same with Vegas).

I'd go with two teams:

One in Montreal (to the NL)

One in Vegas.

Four divisions in each league:

NL East - New York Mets, Montreal, Phillies, Nationals

NL South - Miami, Atlanta, Reds, Cardinals

NL North - Brewers, Cubs, Pirates, Rockies

NL West - Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Giants, Padres

AL East - Red Sox, Yankees, Blue Jays, Orioles

AL South - Rangers, Astros, Rays, Royals

AL North - Indians, White Sox, Tigers, Twins

AL West - Mariners, Vegas, Angels, A's

Playoffs would have the four division champs and two wild-card teams. The wild-card teams would play the #3 and #4 seeds in play-in games (WC 1 vs #4, WC 2 vs. #3) for the DS matchups.

The only way MLB should send a team to Orlando is if TB or Miami are relocated. Those two teams were dead last in attendance ... what would be different in Orlando?

Proximity of Disney...

Perhaps fans of other teams can be drawn in as part of a vacation package.

I agree it would be better to move Tampa/ Miami to Orlando then to set up another club in the state...

I'd go with two teams:

One in Montreal (to the NL)

One in Vegas.

Four divisions in each league:

NL East - New York Mets, Montreal, Phillies, Nationals

NL South - Miami, Atlanta, Reds, Cardinals

NL North - Brewers, Cubs, Pirates, Rockies

NL West - Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Giants, Padres

AL East - Red Sox, Yankees, Blue Jays, Orioles

AL South - Rangers, Astros, Rays, Royals

AL North - Indians, White Sox, Tigers, Twins

AL West - Mariners, Vegas, Angels, A's

Playoffs would have the four division champs and two wild-card teams. The wild-card teams would play the #3 and #4 seeds in play-in games (WC 1 vs #4, WC 2 vs. #3) for the DS matchups.

Interesting proposal. However, I see a zero chance that MLB puts Cubs/Cardinals in separate divisions. You'd need to swap the Cardinals with either the Pirates or Rockies for your proposal to work. I agree that Montreal would be an expansion team for certain and the other would be either Vegas or Portland.

Ugh... Charlotte vegas and Oklahoma City are all trying to get mlb. I know San Antonio was but I believe they are no longer. Nashville and Louisville would make a lot of sense. SLC at one point had a campaign but I believe it went the way of San Antonio. I know Birmingham has gone through a strong revitalization and desires a team, though I don’t know if they have an official campaign. I would love to see expansion and realignment, which could fix this terrible playoff structure.

NL north: twins, brewers, cubs, cards

NL Central/south: Rockies, royals, OKC, rangers

NL West: Padres, Dodgers, giants, diamond backs

NL East: pirates, Phillies, nationals, Mets

AL East: Yankees, sox, oriels, Indians

AL South: Miami, Tampa, ATL, Astro’s/Charlotte

AL North: Jays, W Sox, Reds, tigers

AL West: As, Ms, Angels, Astros/vegas

Then your playoffs would be just like NFL. And it would be perfect!

I question perfection. Now you have 2 division winners playing a 1 game playoff to try to get into the DS. I am not a fan of a one game series, but atleast its between the 2 wild card teams only.

Agreed. It makes zero sense to add another team to this state seeing the other 2 can't get people to attend unless the folks here want to see the visiting clubs. Maybe the recent success of the Rays will help their attendance in 2020 but the lousy "crowds" in Miami are not only embarrassing but sad.

Agreed, but if MLB wants to do it, wouldn't they rather put a team in Vegas or Nashville. There are other options like Charlotte, Portland, Montreal, and San Antonio but I see similar issues to them as Orlando.

Vegas could work, but Jersey and Brooklyn should be #1 and #2 on any expansion list. Maybe Providence or Foxboro MA.

In fact, I think the Florida teams should just split their season and play in Tampa/Miami in April, May, and September and should play in Jersey/Brooklyn in Jun, July and August. Playoff series' could alternate "home" sites.

Well over half the people in Florida are "from" somewhere else anyway (same with Vegas).

Yes, most baseball fans here bring their allegiances with them from where they are from. It is no coincidence that the only time the Rays have any fans is when they play the Yankees or Red Sox.

Then your playoffs would be just like NFL. And it would be perfect!

I question perfection. Now you have 2 division winners playing a 1 game playoff to try to get into the DS. I am not a fan of a one game series, but atleast its between the 2 wild card teams only.

There would be no 1 game series anymore. 2 division winners with the best records would get 1st round byes. The the “wild card round” would be a best of 5 with only 1 off day. So a team would not have to sit for more than 6 days. Then you divisional round would be 5 and then CS would be 7. You could do a best of 3 for the wildcard round as well.

Archived