Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to take out 400 bleacher seats in left field for new viewing area

Going to MP is the the equivalent of a bar with a cover charge for a lot of people especially the 21-30 demo and the bar fly demo. The baseball game is merely a backdrop. Almost like a baseball-themed bar. That sloppy drunk patio is literally nothing more than that. My wife went there constantly from about ages 21-25 and couldn't tell you what a stolen base is.

I agree with you Jim, however count me in the minority that finds 2 beers and a bag of peanuts from behind home plate over 9 innings nothing short of paradise. I am counting down the days until my kids are old enough to do that/hoping they want to.

Just buy yours kids a ticket.... don't make them buy them on the secondary market. ;)

They have tickets...they just don't want to sit for more than 2-3 innings. This schtick of yours, it was old a long time ago and is dumb.

Fair enough.... The kids' area on the field level around the LF foul poke is fairly good for kids. It means you'll have to miss a couple innings here or there, though.

They do a great job for kids. I would rather sit down and see the game, but my reality is usually getting up in the 3rd inning, going to the Aurora play area, going to play the games in right field, etc., then if I'm lucky catching the end. I love when I'm able to take an adult, but my life is built around the family at this point and I'm rarely seeing old friends. Wife uses any trip to MP as an excuse to go out to dinner in Milwaukee and is pestering me about where I want to go by the 3rd inning and asking about leaving early. So not at all unlike taking a kid...

The seating is so far above the wall... really no reason to have it so much above the playing surface. Also, the left center home bullpen swallows up some potentially good seating, as well. Why they didn't put Loge seating right above the home bullpen, I'm not sure. It's almost perfectly set up for it. Even now, putting a 15ft ceiling/floor above the bullpen in LCF could add nice seating.

There's a restaurant beneath the LF bleachers with a view out to the field.

How would you remedy that situation?

As for putting seats over the bullpen - just completely cut off the view to the field for anyone walking from RF to LF?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'd generally agree with the notion how they set up the bullpens ended up chewing up some spaces that would've made for better bleacher seats than currently exist. But it is what it is at this point, nothing they can do about it now.

Side note in regards to all ballpark construction I've thought of over the years is that since CF is now basically off limits to fans due to batter's eye that they should find a way to incorporate the bullpens into the same CF area that is wasted. Not sure I've seen it done yet but I'm not an expert on every park.

The seating is so far above the wall... really no reason to have it so much above the playing surface. Also, the left center home bullpen swallows up some potentially good seating, as well. Why they didn't put Loge seating right above the home bullpen, I'm not sure. It's almost perfectly set up for it. Even now, putting a 15ft ceiling/floor above the bullpen in LCF could add nice seating.

There's a restaurant beneath the LF bleachers with a view out to the field.

How would you remedy that situation?

As for putting seats over the bullpen - just completely cut off the view to the field for anyone walking from RF to LF?

Really don't care about those walking from LF to RF.... I'd rather have more bleacher/standing room seats right above the wall.

Can't do much about the restaurant now....just not a fan of its location which makes other outfield seating options worse. It also is covered primarily by the Loge outfield level, which takes away the view of the roof or makes you feel like you are inside even when the roof is open.

That restaurant really should have been stuck in the club level OF or something...much like the Northwestern Mutual Club or whatever it is. They could have really piled in a bunch of seating that could actually see the field and feel like they are apart of the game. Instead there are like 10 tables squished together awkwardly. I get it, makes more sense the rest of the year, but seems like such a dumb spot on game days.

Archived