Brewer Fanatic

Nick Castellanos

It appears that Castellanos to the Reds is a done deal. Too bad ... that bat is terrific. That's a big bummer ... but realistically he would have been tough for the Brewers to find a spot for, especially after they signed Garcia. It will be extremely interesting to see which of those two has the better year this year. If Castellanos's Cubs numbers were legit, watch out! I don't really like the rest of the Reds' lineup, though.

Truth is, though ... I'd rather he go to the Reds than one of the true contenders in the Central - the Cards or Cubs.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It appears that Castellanos to the Reds is a done deal. Too bad ... that bat is terrific. That's a big bummer ... but realistically he would have been tough for the Brewers to find a spot for, especially after they signed Garcia. It will be extremely interesting to see which of those two has the better year this year. If Castellanos's Cubs numbers were legit, watch out! I don't really like the rest of the Reds' lineup, though.

Truth is, though ... I'd rather he go to the Reds than one of the true contenders in the Central - the Cards or Cubs.

Those Cub stats are the statistical outlier in a big way for Castellanos - granted, not playing home games in Comerica will improve his stats wherever he plays... so I'm sure his Cincy stats will look pretty good. He's probably around a high 0.800s OPS offensive player playing half his games in Cincy. NL Central will once again be pretty competitive with a bunch of teams that project to be slightly better than 0.500 clubs beating each other up.

I'm interested seeing what his contract winds up being. Also interested to see how Cincy starts the year - if their mishmash roster doesn't gell and they fall on their faces I could see them being sellers in a hurry with some pretty good trade pieces.

Well it's definitely going to be an interesting division next year! Tons of questions marks with both the Cubs and Cardinals doing practically nothing while losing a few pieces, the Brewers overturning so much of the roster, and the Reds adding so much.

Archived