Brewer Fanatic

My FA shopping List

This thread is great for showing what little fans (and Jim Bowden) truly know about the behind the scenes workings of a team. Nearly every name mentioned in this thread signed for way different commitments and numbers than the poster here predicted they would be able to sign them for.

Grandal 3yrs/57 million Actual: 4yr/73 million

3yrs/67.5 million

Moustakas 2yrs/22 million Actual 4yr/64 million

2yrs/24 million

2 yrs/20 million

Pomeranz 2yrs/10 million Actual: 4yr/34 million

3 yrs/18 million

Lyles 2yr/8 million Actual: 2yrs/16 million

3yr/22.5 million

Gonzalez 3yr/18 million Actual: 1yr/5 million

Iglesias 2yr/12 million Actual 1yr/3 million

This thread is great for showing what little fans (and Jim Bowden) truly know about the behind the scenes workings of a team. Nearly every name mentioned in this thread signed for way different commitments and numbers than the poster here predicted they would be able to sign them for.

Grandal 3yrs/57 million Actual: 4yr/73 million

3yrs/67.5 million

Moustakas 2yrs/22 million Actual 4yr/64 million

2yrs/24 million

2 yrs/20 million

Pomeranz 2yrs/10 million Actual: 4yr/34 million

3 yrs/18 million

Lyles 2yr/8 million Actual: 2yrs/16 million

3yr/22.5 million

Gonzalez 3yr/18 million Actual: 1yr/5 million

Iglesias 2yr/12 million Actual 1yr/3 million

I think it’s more of a discussion on what people would be comfortable doing for a contract than an actual prediction of what they will get. It only takes one team to throw a ton of money at a guy and basically end up bidding against themselves (Moose and Pomeranz notably). I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t any other team even offering Moose $40+ million. In Pomeranz’ case, I know I was hoping for something like 2/$10 million knowing full well that some team would throw a ton of money at him because of just how dominant he was. It just wasn’t going to be Milwaukee.

Archived