Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75

To be 100% honest, I'm expecting a total meltdown from Hader this season. He is on the edge so often, at some point, he will fall over.

I want to trade him before he blows up and becomes worthless.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I am trading with the Yankees I would want Dominguez in the deal and would leave Voit alone.

Something like

Hader and Pina to the Yankees

Dominguez, Andujar and Sanchez to the Brewers.

Narvaez and Nottingham become the catching platoon for the Brewers with Sanchez moving to 1B or DH probably DH and Andujar at 3B. This is betting heavily on Andujar and Sanchez becoming the players they were and not what they were last year. If they become what they were this is a monster deal that puts the Brewers as contenders in the NL if they are not at least there is a nice prospect in Dominguez to look forward to. I think this would be the best offer the Brewers could even dream about getting for Hader. I don't think it is at all likely the Yankees would even do this trade. Maybe a Pina/Narvaez for Sanchez/Andujar that trade could happen. I just don't believe there is all that much interest for Hader.

I believe the Brewers will have to wait until the deadline to get top value and that would be someone like Dominguez. The Brewers won't receive a MLB ready player in a Hader trade and it will be mostly a prospect laden deal. The only way the Brewers get MLB ready players back is if they do above and get some players who are down in value compared to what they have provided in the past. Basically if you want MLB ready talent get ready for a Overbay or Sexson type of a return.

Based i everything i have heard from yankee fans, Jasson Dominguez is like Juan Soto to them.

In an article on The Atlantic posted today, Jim Bowden suggests one move for each National League team during the virtual Winter Meetings.

For the Brewers, he suggests a Hader trade to Houston with a return of three pitchers: right-handed starting pitchers José Urquidy and Forrest Whitley and right-handed reliever Andre Scrubb.

I've thought about the Astros as being a fit for awhile and want to throw out one name to see if others of you have any knowledge...Abraham Toro.

Young third baseman (turns 24 just before Christmas).

Has always played young for the league he is in.

Switch hitter.

Had big numbers at AA & AAA in 2019.

Behind Alex Bregman in Houston.

Thoughts of constructing a deal with Houston?

For the Brewers, he suggests a Hader trade to Houston with a return of three pitchers: right-handed starting pitchers José Urquidy and Forrest Whitley and right-handed reliever Andre Scrubb.

Interesting deal. It's odd in that it does nothing to add hitting to the roster. But, the return is very interesting in that it's three young arms- two with success thus far in their limited time in the Majors in Scrubb and Urquidy, and one of the top pitching prospects in the game in Whitley.

In an article on The Atlantic posted today, Jim Bowden suggests one move for each National League team during the virtual Winter Meetings.

I've thought about the Astros as being a fit for awhile and want to throw out one name to see if others of you have any knowledge...Abraham Toro.

Young third baseman (turns 24 just before Christmas).

Has always played young for the league he is in.

Switch hitter.

Had big numbers at AA & AAA in 2019.

Behind Alex Bregman in Houston.

Thoughts of constructing a deal with Houston?

Sign me up for Hader for Whitley and Toro.

With Knebel being traded I think that closes the door on a Hader trade. That bullpen would be full of question marks after Williams.

Agreed... Honestly, I felt Hader was never gonna be moved.

With Knebel being traded I think that closes the door on a Hader trade. That bullpen would be full of question marks after Williams.

Knebel was a question mark!

I don't think moving Knebel is going to have any weight on a potential Hader deal. If a team out there decides to meet the high price that Stearns has placed on Hader, he'll likely be gone. Arms like Williams, Yardley and potential like Topa and Rasmussen means the cupboard is far from bare.

Brewers get: AJ Puk & Sheldon Neuse

A's get: Josh Hader and Corey Ray

Brewers get a high upside LHP and a young option at 3B while the A's get their Hendriks replacement and an upside OF if he can put it all together.

Brewers get: AJ Puk & Sheldon Neuse

A's get: Josh Hader and Corey Ray

Brewers get a high upside LHP and a young option at 3B while the A's get their Hendriks replacement and an upside OF if he can put it all together.

Puk just had shoulder surgery. They're saying should be ready for ST, but after missing 2018 with TJ, only throwing 36 IP in 2019 & then being shut down multiple times in 2020 before having the surgery seems like more risk than I'd prefer in a Hader headliner.

I don't think it does at all. I think the Brewers feel good about their ability to both develop and scout relief pitching, and while any one replacement would be extremely unlikely to be as good as Hader, I think they trust their ability to build a good enough bullpen that the overall impact of a Hader trade is a positive one.

This will be an interesting Arb raise. We'll see what Milw tendered him and see what he's asking for. How does his stats for 60games get weighed and how does Arbitrator value in this current MLB financial state? How about the fact Hader in the typical service time would just barely be over 3 seasons. Like 3.007? Yeah he's getting full credit for a full season, but his stats ought to be weighed up to the approximate 3.007service timeline. Going off of that would typically mean a 1st time through Arb and not a 2nd.

Call it a gut feeling, but I feel like, come Friday, Josh Hader won't be a Brewer any longer. I think there will be tons of moves made this week across MLB.

Is there something particular about this week specifically that makes you say that? Just the that the winter meetings are happening? I tend to agree that Hader has thrown his last pitch as a Brewer. Which, if true, he’s had a pretty incredible run for us.

Call it a gut feeling, but I feel like, come Friday, Josh Hader won't be a Brewer any longer. I think there will be tons of moves made this week across MLB.

Is there something particular about this week specifically that makes you say that? Just the that the winter meetings are happening?

Not to speak for others’ rationale, but it does seem like getting a Hader deal done earlier rather than later allows to team to factor in the return as they construct the roster, and thus adds clarity to the rest of the offseason plan. As such, it makes a lot of sense to do it now, and the meetings are the logical place for that to happen.

It is unbelievable that we still have no decision on the DH for 2021. That has a lot to do with decision making for roster construction.

AL teams no big deal, BIG deal for NL teams though.

I just don't get it.

It is unbelievable that we still have no decision on the DH for 2021. That has a lot to do with decision making for roster construction.

I just don't get it.

This is Rob Manfred's MLB vision & effectiveness at work. I don't think he gets it either. Solve things that don't need solving, don't solve those things needing an obvious & timely resolution, and antagonize the players (and frustrated some managers) at every possible turn.

Man, I wish Bud would un-retire!

I just don't get it.

Teams have been told to operate under the assumption there won't be universal DH in 21.

Archived