Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75

If the Brewers are going to trade Hader, I’d target the White Sox. They want to “win now” and their closer is heading into free agency.

They have 2016 top 10 pick catcher Zack Collins. Solid minor league numbers, major league experienced, pre-arbitration eligible, blocked by Grandal. Then try to peel off a high upside piece or two that may be a few years away.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Challenge time for the board.

Hader has a surplus value of +22.3 million on baseballtradevalues.com

I think that's low, let's pretend that 30 out of 30 MLB teams has Hader as the equivalent of +32 million on their boards. Then let's pretend that baseballtradevalues.com has the correct number on all the rest of the players in the league.

Propose Hader trades that you would favor. You have 32 million to work with. One more rule, no "the Brewers throw in 5 million in cash to even up the deal" because Attanasio is not going to pay to move Hader off the team. That just isn't going to happen (especially after the COVID-19 crisis has thrown all the MLB owners into complete poverty).

Personally, I'd be 100% hold on Hader right now.

Hader ($32 Million) and Arcia ($6 million) to the Phillies for Alec Bohm ($38 million). Done. ;)

The Phillies certainly have a need for a elite reliver and are in "win now" mode. However, depsite what some website says, Orlando Arcia has negative trade value. First, there is a significant chance the Brewers simply non-tender him. Second more probably true than not, many players with similar skill sets will also be non-tendered which makes Arcia worthless to acquire in a trade.

No kidding. If someone offered me 6 million in surplus value in any shape or form, I'd be trading Arcia in a millisecond. It is worth noting that Fangraphs had him at a 1.9 WAR player for 2020 if extrapolated over a full season.

Sell high, sell high, sell high, sell high and hope Urias figures out how to hit right-handed major league pitching.

What about Red Sox 1B/3B Bobby Dalbec?

Would others be interested in him as the key piece in a return for the Hader trade? If so, it might need to be a 3-way trade of some sort since I am not sure how motivated the Red Sox are to acquire bullpen pieces.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

What about Red Sox 1B/3B Bobby Dalbec?

Would others be interested in him as the key piece in a return for the Hader trade? If so, it might need to be a 3-way trade of some sort since I am not sure how motivated the Red Sox are to acquire bullpen pieces.

I can't see Dalbec being anything more than a piece of a trade, not the headliner. In two seasons at AA he averaged .240/.361... He moved to AAA and .251/.301. Not a key piece of any trade for Hader.

Challenge time for the board.

Hader has a surplus value of +22.3 million on baseballtradevalues.com

I think that's low, let's pretend that 30 out of 30 MLB teams has Hader as the equivalent of +32 million on their boards. Then let's pretend that baseballtradevalues.com has the correct number on all the rest of the players in the league.

Propose Hader trades that you would favor. You have 32 million to work with. One more rule, no "the Brewers throw in 5 million in cash to even up the deal" because Attanasio is not going to pay to move Hader off the team. That just isn't going to happen (especially after the COVID-19 crisis has thrown all the MLB owners into complete poverty).

Personally, I'd be 100% hold on Hader right now.

Hader ($32 Million) and Arcia ($6 million) to the Phillies for Alec Bohm ($38 million). Done. ;)

The Phillies certainly have a need for a elite reliver and are in "win now" mode. However, depsite what some website says, Orlando Arcia has negative trade value. First, there is a significant chance the Brewers simply non-tender him. Second more probably true than not, many players with similar skill sets will also be non-tendered which makes Arcia worthless to acquire in a trade.

Just saying, if we are going to use this completely arbitrary trade value site to build a trade package, then this makes sense. I haven't been a fan of the trade value site since last year, when they went in and retroactively cut Luis Urias's value in half right after he was traded to the Brewers in order to make the trade appear more even. I'm sorry, but when you move the goalposts retroactively, your site is a dumpster fire in my book.

I just can't get behind Devi Garcia. 5'9"

Trading for Frazier would just be a bad look on Stearns. He traded Grisham and now he's replacing him with 25yr old bounce around Clint Frazier?

Luis Gil has wild written all over him.

We'd trade a possible All-time great RP for what I'd worry as being 3 AAAA players. Platoon bat, RP, RP seems destined for these 3.

They'd have to part with Jasson Dominguez imo to open talks. NY, like Boston prospects just have that higher rankings attached to them then they deserve.

Clarke Schmidt their top 100 addition from last season had a basic MiLB season in 2019. Nothing eye popping to warrant a jump in to top 100. Age 24 with just 3 games started at AA. Devi Garcia had a 4.28 ERA combined in 2019. Yet crawled in to the top 100.

Estevan Florial was up to a top 45 across the board after 2017 after a .850 OPS A/A+ Followed that up with no games seen at AA and OPS .799 in 2018, followed by .680 in 2019. No longer in top 100 Jonathan Loaisiga reached MLB's top 100 in 2018 at 66. He's pitched his 3rd season for the Yankees this season having just 177.1 IP in 5 seasons in minors. At best he's a swingman or a late inning RP. He'll take a number of seasons before he could ever reach a SP who goes 170IP. Albert Abreu #85 by MLB in 2018. High BB rate and kaput on the top 100. RP status. Chance Adams got up to 53 in 2017, and by the age and numbers, I'd say he deserved some recognition. 3 flaming out years later, he's a RP with a career 8+ERA.

Not much seems to come out of their top 100 prospects. Just keep that fanbase happy.

Give me McNeil and Davis from Mets for Hader and Hiura and call it a day.

Not sold on Hiura unless DH is sticking around. Hader is about to get 6+ million. Our bullpen/starting rotation us some young bright spots.

McNeil and Davis gives us two controlled quality bats in positions of need.

With the Mets having Cano, not sure they’d want Hiura with no guarantee of a DH on the horizon.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I do think this is the time to cash in on Hader. The emergence of Williams, the lack of bats in the lineup, Hader starting to get quite expensive and pair that with a shortened season with no fans and it’s quite the perfect storm to offload a guy like Hader. I love the Twins as a trade partner and could also see enticing packages from the White Sox, Padres, and Dodgers (if they don’t win the whole thing).

I do think clearing Hader’s salary and bringing in an MLB ready prospect at one of the corner infield spots while filling in the other spot with a nice signing would be a solid offseason.

You move Hader’s salary, bring in someone like Kirilloff from Minnesota to get your 1B of the future that could have an impact as early as 2021 and use the extra payroll space to sign a guy like Justin Turner for third. I’m a huge huge fan of Larnach and would love to get him in the deal as well, but I imagine the Brewers would need to add another piece to pull that off. Kirilloff and Larnach would be the two big gets with a couple other nice pieces thrown in. Maybe someone like Peralta?

Wow I've never looked up the scouting report or stats on Alex before... As long as we keep Knebel to pair with Williams and Kirilloff is the headliner, I'm totally fine dealing Josh.

Yelich, Hiura, Kirilloff leading our offense for the next 5+ years, oh my god yes!

I doubt we could get Rooker or Larnach as well... Jeffers would be the next best thing.

How amazing would it be to add Kirilloff and La Stella to our lineup this winter!

C - Narvaez

1B - Kirilloff

2B - Hiura

SS - Urias

3B - La Stella

LF - Yelich

CF - Cain

RF - Garcia or Braun

DH (if permanent) - Braun

Damn, I would love that offense!

I think money wise in Bestintheworld's proposal it would work even in a Brewers reduce payroll situation. Save money on Pina Arcia and probably Braun. Insert Nottingham or Feliciano as the RH catcher platoon. Urias for Arcia. If you sign La Stella you don't sign Braun. Haven't done all the math but think it would fit. Gyorko would backup the corner IF spots. Just not sure the Twins want to trade Kiriloff.

I think money wise in Bestintheworld's proposal it would work even in a Brewers reduce payroll situation. Save money on Pina Arcia and probably Braun. Insert Nottingham or Feliciano as the RH catcher platoon. Urias for Arcia. If you sign La Stella you don't sign Braun. Haven't done all the math but think it would fit. Gyorko would backup the corner IF spots. Just not sure the Twins want to trade Kiriloff.

No team is going to want to trade the type of talent it's going to take to acquire a stud like Hader. But if the Brewers do truly make him available this offseason, there will be multiple teams willing to deal that sort of talent.

Just not sure the Twins want to trade Kiriloff.

Back in March when I was doing fantasy baseball research, I read somewhere that he was untouchable. He was the one guy they didn't want to move in any deal...

I think the odds of getting him are pretty much slim to none.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If the Brewers are going to trade Hader, I’d target the White Sox. They want to “win now” and their closer is heading into free agency.

They have 2016 top 10 pick catcher Zack Collins. Solid minor league numbers, major league experienced, pre-arbitration eligible, blocked by Grandal. Then try to peel off a high upside piece or two that may be a few years away.

Collins is not a guy who's good enough to headline a deal for Hader. So far major league pitching has overpowered him to the tune of 44 K's in 102 AB's. It's also questionable if he can remain primarily a catcher. Besides the White Sox gave lefty reliever Aaron Bummer a hefty contract a year ago. Bummer is their closer in waiting.

Collins could be had for a lot less than Hader. He's got no position on the White Sox and he's already used up a couple options.

Collins is not a guy who's good enough to headline a deal for Hader. So far major league pitching has overpowered him to the tune of 44 K's in 102 AB's. It's also questionable if he can remain primarily a catcher. Besides the White Sox gave lefty reliever Aaron Bummer a hefty contract a year ago. Bummer is their closer in waiting.

Collins could be had for a lot less than Hader. He's got no position on the White Sox and he's already used up a couple options.

Collins 44Ks in 102 ABs, Hiura 192 in 594 ABs. By that metric, I guess major league pitchers have been overpowering Hiura too? I have no idea if Collins and other pieces are a fair return for Hader, but a young major league ready talent with the pedigree and minor league numbers to suggest he will be an impact player at the major league level at a position of need for Milwaukee. There isn't a contending team in either league that would not have some degree of interest in Hader, he's the most dominant left handed relief pitcher in the game with multiple seasons of team control.

I can tell you, the Brewers are on pretty equal footing in their division, and their nucleus is ready to win now. They are not going to ease off in 2021, trading Hader for minor leaguers that are a year or more away from the major leagues. Any trade involving Josh Hader is more probably true than not, going to bring back talent that immediately plugs into the major league roster.

Collins 44Ks in 102 ABs, Hiura 192 in 594 ABs. By that metric, I guess major league pitchers have been overpowering Hiura too? I have no idea if Collins and other pieces are a fair return for Hader, but a young major league ready talent with the pedigree and minor league numbers to suggest he will be an impact player at the major league level at a position of need for Milwaukee. There isn't a contending team in either league that would not have some degree of interest in Hader, he's the most dominant left handed relief pitcher in the game with multiple seasons of team control.

I can tell you, the Brewers are on pretty equal footing in their division, and their nucleus is ready to win now. They are not going to ease off in 2021, trading Hader for minor leaguers that are a year or more away from the major leagues. Any trade involving Josh Hader is more probably true than not, going to bring back talent that immediately plugs into the major league roster.

Hiura's actually had success in the major leagues. Collins hasn't been on any top 100 prospect list since after the 2016 season. That's four years ago. I wouldn't be opposed to the Brewers targeting him in a deal, but certainly not as a headliner for Hader. I have friends who are Sox fans. They'd be giddy if the Brewers did that. At best he'd have to be a secondary piece for me to be interested. But Sox gave Aaron Bummer a 5 year deal. They like him a lot. I don't see them as Hader suitors.

I'm not advocating Brewers trade Hader for minor leaguers, but Collins isn't a bona fide major league bat either and one position Brewers have talent at in their system is catcher.

Yanksgoyard suggests Hader to the NYY for Frazier, D. Garcia, and Gil. Bringing in Frazier could move Yelich to first base. It would be a lot for the Yankees to give up, but could be appealing to the Brewers.

If I'm Stearns I'm checking out Miguel Andujar in the DWL. If he's healthy, he'd have to be included in any deal with Yankees for Hader.

Yanksgoyard suggests Hader to the NYY for Frazier, D. Garcia, and Gil. Bringing in Frazier could move Yelich to first base. It would be a lot for the Yankees to give up, but could be appealing to the Brewers.

If I'm Stearns I'm checking out Miguel Andujar in the DWL. If he's healthy, he'd have to be included in any deal with Yankees for Hader.

This is my point: if the Yankees were going to trade Deivi Garcia for Josh Hader, they're not going to throw in a bunch of other players. They'd be trading a 21 year old, major league ready, left handed starter with at least 5 years of team control. Since Hader is the better player right now, the Yankees could include some low level minor leaguers in the deal, but not their blue chip players near the major leagues.

With Brett Gardner coming out of contract, Frazier projects to be a starting corner outfielder for the Yankees. They'd be trading an everyday player with four years of control, I'm not sure how much more can reasonably be expected in a trade for a pitcher who may throw 75 innings a year, no matter how good those 75 innings are.

As for Andujar, I'm sure the Yankees would include him as a throw in. He's injured a lot, an impatient hitter and doesn't play defense. The real question here is why would the Brewers want him?

Archived