Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75

Quantrill was in their bullpen I believe...so they just weakened that a touch.

I don’t think one big move means you won’t make another one...especially long term pieces. Clevinger and Hader are both controllable pieces. Much like when we got Yelich there is never a bad time to blow up the farm for controllable talent. The Padres still have plenty of talent in the farm system to get Hader and STILL have a solid farm system after that...they are pretty stacked.

With that being said I have a 1% confidence rate we will trade Hader today.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quantrill was in their bullpen I believe...so they just weakened that a touch.

I don’t think one big move means you won’t make another one...especially long term pieces. Clevinger and Hader are both controllable pieces. Much like when we got Yelich there is never a bad time to blow up the farm for controllable talent. The Padres still have plenty of talent in the farm system to get Hader and STILL have a solid farm system after that...they are pretty stacked.

With that being said I have a 1% confidence rate we will trade Hader today.

If there’s one team that’s remotely likely to land Hader, it’s the Padres. However, it is entirely possible that Preller considers the top 5 guys in the farm system to be untouchable, at least for a reliever.

That leaves more than enough ammo for a Hader deal if they want it. Gore and Abrams would be a drool-worthy return, and I'd happily give them a Supak-type if it helped get Morejon back too.

Gore, Abrams, and Campusano are my dream gets, as far-fetched as that may sound.

That leaves more than enough ammo for a Hader deal if they want it. Gore and Abrams would be a drool-worthy return, and I'd happily give them a Supak-type if it helped get Morejon back too.

Gore, Abrams, and Campusano are my dream gets, as far-fetched as that may sound.

Draw up the paperwork and hold the press conference. Hader and whatever else it takes (within reason) for this.

Well if Hader does get traded it would probably require Gore and Campusano/Patino...plus some lower value guys.

I suppose a deal around Abrams is possible in theory, but I’m guessing Gore is pretty much a requirement for anything to happen.

Well if Hader does get traded it would probably require Gore and Campusano/Patino...plus some lower value guys.

I suppose a deal around Abrams is possible in theory, but I’m guessing Gore is pretty much a requirement for anything to happen.

Based on the rumored asking price, I think that's likely accurate. The Padres certainly have the ammo to build a fantastic package with Gore as the centerpiece to get a deal done.

Based on the rumored asking price, I think that's likely accurate. The Padres certainly have the ammo to build a fantastic package with Gore as the centerpiece to get a deal done.

I dont know enough about prospects but do we have reason to believe the Padres would entertain trading Gore plus for Hader. I have read on Gore this morning and would love to have him.

On a side note the Padres would really be dangerous on paper with Hader on their team.

On a side note the Padres would really be dangerous on paper with Hader on their team.

Put another way, if the Padres were the Brewers and we already had Paddack, Clevinger and Lamet at the top of the rotation, hadn't been to the playoffs in 13 years and had a shot at the best reliever in baseball, I have to believe we as fans would understand parting with a Gore level prospect for Hader. Especially given the years of control still in place with Hader.

Apparently it's Naylor and Quantrill + to Indians.

If you are David Stearns, would you do Hader for Gore straight up?

That's... actually a lot less than I expected. That still would leave their farm system intact. I wonder if Preller's been saving the guys at the top of the farm system with Hader in mind, knowing that he's gonna be the toughest nut to crack this time around.

This is where I am too. He’s keeping the top guys for a significant move at some point. They are going all in on a 3-4 year window here and it’s obvious with their acquisitions and cheap control of Tatis. Hader fits exactly into their window. Then they trade Tatis with a couple years left of control and offer the qualifying offers to Hader and Clevinger to get extra first round picks when those days come if they don’t trade them away.

That’s something the Brewers need to take into consideration as well. They could ride Hader into free agency and get a top 40 pick as well. I am sure the Brewers are placing that value as part of the return for a team.

Maybe the Brewers can get a nice return for Hader and get a competitive balance pick as part of the return, allowing them to draft a good talent at a position of their choice.

I would be absolutely shocked if we trade Hader today. I don't see Gore or Lux being part of any deals so we are just going to have to stand pat. The last thing I want to see is a deal like Cleveland got for Clevinger which was quantity over quality.

Unless a star prospect is headed our way we should just wait till the offseason. Disappointing for sure that we will have to watch this team as is the rest of the season but we can't trade Hader for a miniscule return as that would set this franchise back years.

Pretty quiet on the Brewers front, especially surrounding Hader. You know what that means with Stearns... ;)

I've very much had the feeling something was going to happen today, and today, I've actually been hoping it involves Hader. That likely doesn't lead to an actual deal, but it certainly has added some excitement today.

I dont know enough about prospects but do we have reason to believe the Padres would entertain trading Gore plus for Hader. I have read on Gore this morning and would love to have him.

Cubs once traded Gleyber Torres for a few months of Aroldis Chapman. So anything is possible when the chance at a World Series title is imminent. Josh Hader is huge, especially in the postseason.

I wouldn’t go buying a Gore jersey expecting them to get him, but it’s within reason to want Gore in return.

Pretty quiet on the Brewers front, especially surrounding Hader. You know what that means with Stearns... ;)

I've very much had the feeling something was going to happen today, and today, I've actually been hoping it involves Hader. That likely doesn't lead to an actual deal, but it certainly has added some excitement today.

I feel like this is the time Hader is moved as well. It just makes too much sense right now.

Grab MacKenzie Gore and Luis Campusano and a third piece thrown in like OF Hudson Head who is a young 5 tool player multiple years away and I’ll be pleased.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If anything happens with Padres, I'm guessing it's a Campusano/Patino package. Maybe some more stuff - couple of flyers - but I doubt they give up Gore for a reliever (even if the reliever is amazing). But hey, you never know. The Dodgers may come knocking with all the moves SD is making - and pump up Josh's price tag.

It’s the trade deadline, Stearns is probably on the phone every 5 minutes.

I can’t imagine the Brewers would trade Hader for less than say Abrams/Patino/+. Andrew Miller got what was about the #15 and #75 prospect in the game along with two other pitchers. Hader is younger (by a lot), controlled longer, and just as elite as Miller was.

Twins seem to have enough to get him too. Kiriloff and/or Larnach are exactly what the Brewers need. Balazovic and/or Duran is pretty good, and then some other filler. I wouldn't need to get Lewis. Give me multiple future major leaguers with upside and I'll be happy.

Archived