Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75
I haven't seen any offers brought up so far that I would accept. If we aren't getting a sure thing in a deal and I haven't seen one yet in any of these potential deals I would just hold Hader and try to make improvements in other ways. Remember that Josh still has three years after this in a Brewers uniform so if we are going to move him now a star prospect like Lux better be included.

The proposals have included the top pitching prospect in baseball and arguably the top three eligible to be traded corner infield prospects, plus multiple other top 50 prospects. The Dodgers have shown little interest in dealing Lux and he is the most likely of the big three to get traded. Tampa isn’t trading Franco for Hader and Robert is already a key part of the White Sox lineup. Similarly from the next tier the Orioles aren’t making a win now deal for Rutschman and the Angels (Adell) are reloading.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dodgers just seem like an organization that is reluctant trading away top prospects and after the Betts trade this past winter, I just don’t seem them making another big trade involving their big time prospects. I think the Padres and White Sox are the most realistic teams that would be willing to overpay.

The Dodgers just seem like an organization that is reluctant trading away top prospects and after the Betts trade this past winter, I just don’t seem them making another big trade involving their big time prospects. I think the Padres and White Sox are the most realistic teams that would be willing to overpay.

I agree with the Dodgers not trading any of their top prospects away after the Betts trade. I think you can add the Phillies to the list also and I was going to add the Mets but their farm system doesn't have a player I would want in return for Hader.

I think for the Padres I would go:

Abrams, Patino and Trammell

White Sox:

Vaughn, Kopech and Bush

Phillies:

Bohm, Morales and Stott

The Padres trade is probably the best of the three by far in terms of talent but I like the Players in the Phillies trade more as I think Morales is someone who has rising stock and could be a very good #1 or #2 type starter.

Unless I'm getting an All star back, + a highly rated prospect or two...I'm not moving him. Why would they?? I'm not interested in low level talent...that's too iffy. They MUST be guys that are already in the bigs(and proven) or awfully close to it and you feel VERY certain about them.

A little cold water on the Padres idea as they’ve acquired Royals closer Trevor Rosenthal, per Ken Rosenthal.

He does only have this season left on his contract. Hopefully this is just the first domino to fall and they will still be interested in Hader as a long term solution at the back of their bullpen.

A little cold water on the Padres idea as they’ve acquired Royals closer Trevor Rosenthal, per Ken Rosenthal.

He does only have this season left on his contract. Hopefully this is just the first domino to fall and they will still be interested in Hader as a long term solution at the back of their bullpen.

Yes, they could certainly still be interested. It seemed likely they were going to add at least one bullpen piece this deadline and now they’ve met that bar. By no means am I suggesting Hader doesn’t remain a possibility for them, they certainly appear to have the players to make a deal work.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I wish I felt the Twins were more desperate to make a move like acquiring Hader, but Derek Falvey is cut from the same cloth as David Stearns. I don’t think we’ll see them overpay for Hader. If the Twins were willing to overpay, they have the players that would excite me the most.

I am not so sure on the twins. They moved a young guy to get maeda this off season to show they were willing to deal for controllable talent and they might be in 3rd in their division by the end of tonight. That could put some pressure on a team that was supposed to win this year.

The Dodgers can keep losing in the playoffs by trusting Kanley Jansen or they can finally win it by trading Lux in a deal for Hader. With all the money that team has they can buy a replacement for Lux but they will never find a reliever like Hader.

The Dodgers can keep losing in the playoffs by trusting Kanley Jansen or they can finally win it by trading Lux in a deal for Hader. With all the money that team has they can buy a replacement for Lux but they will never find a reliever like Hader.

This is exactly why I think some team will end up giving the Brewers what they want. Hader is worth $20 million per season and is making significantly less than that the next few seasons. He is the cream of the crop and you will not find another guy to produce the way Hader does. The Dodgers absolutely could hit the free agency pool and bring in any replacement they want. Will the Dodgers actually try to pry Hader away with a player like Lux? Possibly. The way they develop/buy talent, they wouldn’t miss Lux as much as they will miss a reliever that can be the difference between winning the whole thing or falling short once again. They can find a good bat to plug and play in the field, but they won’t find the top reliever in the game through free agency.

Yes, they could certainly still be interested. It seemed likely they were going to add at least one bullpen piece this deadline and now they’ve met that bar. By no means am I suggesting Hader doesn’t remain a possibility for them, they certainly appear to have the players to make a deal work.

Rosenthal is only 14 appearances removed from a hoooorible 2019. I think he’s a good get for the little they gave up, but I’m not sure he’s even a good bet to finish the season effectively.

Adding some perspective/ cold water on the idea of the Dodgers (& more importantly Gavin Lux):

This past off season the Indians had targeted Lux as a return for piece for Lindor... The Dodgers reported would only move Lux & a minor piece for a return package of Lindor AND Clevinger. Obviously the Tribe said no way...

I don't believe the Dodgers have now soured on Lux to the point they would send Lux plus for Hader...

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

There’s a growing sentiment among executives that #Brewers All Star closer Josh Hader could be traded. The pricetag is high, but it should be, with Hader likely the greatest difference-maker on the trade market.

Things are seemingly heating up! Gonna be an interesting next 27 hours.

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

There’s a growing sentiment among executives that #Brewers All Star closer Josh Hader could be traded. The pricetag is high, but it should be, with Hader likely the greatest difference-maker on the trade market.

Interesting development. Within a week we went from “his price is bananas” to “he could be traded.”

Padres make the most sense to me. With Rosenthal there now, they can use Hader in a multi-inning role or as closer. Gore is a must for me. A rotation fronted by Woodruff Burnes and Gore would be quite good.

Definitely need to get a guy of that caliber. I am still holding out for Lux but Gore in this rotation would give us the best potential rotation over the next year or two that we have ever had.

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale

Somebody photoshop Hader's face over Franco's.

127_hours.jpg

Padres make the most sense to me. With Rosenthal there now, they can use Hader in a multi-inning role or as closer. Gore is a must for me. A rotation fronted by Woodruff Burnes and Gore would be quite good.

Definitely need to get a guy of that caliber. I am still holding out for Lux but Gore in this rotation would give us the best potential rotation over the next year or two that we have ever had.

That would be assuming that the Burnes we just saw is the real deal...

I'm a huge Burnes guy, but I think you are jumping the gun a little on our best rotation ever. Still questions on Burnes and Houser, and Gore is no lock as far as super star ace.

I feel your excitement though!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

That would be assuming that the Burnes we just saw is the real deal...

I'm a huge Burnes guy, but I think you are jumping the gun a little on our best rotation ever. Still questions on Burnes and Houser, and Gore is no lock as far as super star ace.

I feel your excitement though!

I believe in Burnes and Gore is the number one pitching prospect in baseball. Sign me up for a Woodruff, Burnes, Gore top three for the next 5 years. I know the Padres have many top prospects but Gore has to be coming back in any deal for Hader.

Minnesota and San Diego seem to be very aggressive in trying to improve their teams and maybe the LAD step in at some point. If Stearns plays his cards right we just might get that blockbuster offer for Hader and if we don't we can just keep the best reliever in the game.

Archived