Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75

The more I think about it we should only move Hader if the package coming back is tremendous. Half a season of Chapman netted Gleybor Torres and unless we are getting a can't miss guy like that we aren't trading Hader.

The offers I see fans coming up with are medicore at best. Unless a Gavin Lux or some other prospect of that caliber is coming back Stearns won't trade Hader. The way we use the bullpen Hader is just too important to move as long as we see ourselves as contenders. When you trade a star for quantity over star quality you end up like the Marlins did when they gave us Yelich and didn't get one sure fire star in return.

If the best we can do is Dominic Smith or Nolan Jones as the headliner I see no reason to do a deal. To trade Hader we have to get back a top 10 or so prospect in the game along with a few other useful pieces.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given our record and the 8 team playoff scenario Hader more than likely is not going to be traded till after the season if at all. We have some young arms that are looking good but he has the experience. Plus I don't think any offer after the season will be much different that what is offered now. It is much easier for Stearns and company to trade him when we are not in a pennant race. Nice to see that the Cubs lost the first game of the double header and are behind in the second.

The more I think about it we should only move Hader if the package coming back is tremendous. Half a season of Chapman netted Gleybor Torres and unless we are getting a can't miss guy like that we aren't trading Hader.

The offers I see fans coming up with are medicore at best. Unless a Gavin Lux or some other prospect of that caliber is coming back Stearns won't trade Hader. The way we use the bullpen Hader is just too important to move as long as we see ourselves as contenders. When you trade a star for quantity over star quality you end up like the Marlins did when they gave us Yelich and didn't get one sure fire star in return.

If the best we can do is Dominic Smith or Nolan Jones as the headliner I see no reason to do a deal. To trade Hader we have to get back a top 10 or so prospect in the game along with a few other useful pieces.

This is no the first time that Cubs/Yankees deal has been brought up as a comp for Hader, and it likely won't be the last. But even though Chapman went to the Cubs, pitched great, and likely won them the World Series, that deal continues to be widely panned as a terrible overpay. That was a case of a stacked team desperately needing a closer dealing with another typically stacked team that was having a down season. It was a perfect storm scenario that likely won't be repeated anytime soon. Basically, if you are holding out for a Torres-type prospect, get used to seeing Hader on this team, because he isn't going anywhere. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

This is no the first time that Cubs/Yankees deal has been brought up as a comp for Hader, and it likely won't be the last. But even though Chapman went to the Cubs, pitched great, and likely won them the World Series, that deal continues to be widely panned as a terrible overpay. That was a case of a stacked team desperately needing a closer dealing with another typically stacked team that was having a down season. It was a perfect storm scenario that likely won't be repeated anytime soon. Basically, if you are holding out for a Torres-type prospect, get used to seeing Hader on this team, because he isn't going anywhere. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

With all the time we have before Hader is a free agent there is no reason to trade him unless we are getting a potential star or two in the deal. Bullpens are more important than ever before and Hader is the best in the game. Unless we are getting Gavin Lux or someone of that caliber as the headliner we will just keep the best relief pitcher in baseball.

If Hader is to be traded it must be for quality over quantity. We should have no interest in a 3 or 4 for 1 deal where the guys we get back are mediocre talents. A team like the Dodgers who is desperate to win and can easily replace Lux makes a ton of sense and I don't see Stearns making a deal of this magnitude without getting a player like that in return.

I don’t see any realistic trade I would do for Hader. In my opinion Hader is an integral part of winning a World Series in the near future. I’d ride Hader all the way to FA and lose him to a comp pick...unless we feel like we need to rebuild before that. The impact Josh Hader can have in the postseason (and all year for that matter) is irreplaceable.

With all the time we have before Hader is a free agent there is no reason to trade him unless we are getting a potential star or two in the deal. Bullpens are more important than ever before and Hader is the best in the game. Unless we are getting Gavin Lux or someone of that caliber as the headliner we will just keep the best relief pitcher in baseball.

If Hader is to be traded it must be for quality over quantity. We should have no interest in a 3 or 4 for 1 deal where the guys we get back are mediocre talents. A team like the Dodgers who is desperate to win and can easily replace Lux makes a ton of sense and I don't see Stearns making a deal of this magnitude without getting a player like that in return.

If they trade Hader I think it will be for a position certain type player. Right now Huira and Urias are at 2B. The Crew desperately needs a 3B and 1B who can hit with power. There is nobody in their system who is anywhere close to the big leagues at those positions. I think IF Hader is traded, Stearns goes for a 3B and a hard throwing RP on his way up.

The Padres have a big need for bullpen help right now with them currently having one of the worst bullpen ERA’s in baseball. They certainly have the prospects to get a deal done. I wonder if Stearns could pry Gore away from the Padres if they are desperate enough. Hader would give them an All-Star reliever for 3.5 years to pair with their young core already in place.

The Padres have a plethora of high end talent in their system and could get a deal done even without Gore if Stearns wanted to go that route. But Stearns would have the leverage in the negotiations with not needing to move Hader and could demand Gore as the centerpiece.

Gore is out of the question

I can see the Padres doing a trade headline by Luis Patino if they are desperate enough

Most Likely it will be a trade like Hader for Campusano ( #54 overall ) and Adrian Morejon ( Padres #7 )

Padres are a great trade partner with an unbelievable farm system and a desperate GM that has made some bad trades in the past. I am not against getting a pitcher back in a deal for Hader especially one as good as Gore but we really need some bats in this system.

I don't think ANY team can "easily replace" the 2nd overall prospect in the game(ahead of Robert just for a point of reference and only behind Franco. He's 22 years old, he's shown virtually zero weaknessess when it comes to his offense, his defense is good enough that he's capable of playing 2nd base...

And the Dodgers have pretty much the entire lineup set for the next several years with Lux in there at 2nd.

A team like the Dodgers really shouldn't even entertain the idea of trading a guy who APPEARS as though he'll be a .300 30 HR, 20 steal middle of the field..middle of the order hitter for a reliever, even one as good as Hader.

Whatever the Yanks got from the Cubs who were in a historically unique position to trade away a stud prospect while trying to break a ~110 year WS drought...should have absolutely no bearing on our expectations for Hader.

We ALSO shouldn't expect a pitcher like Gore. Why would the Padres trade away a dominant young left handed STARTER for a dominant young..but not as YOUNG left handed reliever who's just going to start getting expensive?

Finally, I TOTALLY disagree that you don't try and get 3-4 players for Hader IF you end up trading him and you instead put all your eggs in one basket and try to get that ONE highly ranked prospect(in most cases...I'd have taken Tatis last year or Lux or Franco this year, but again, those just aren't realistic).

Give me 4 prospects, 2 guys in the 50-70 range...preferably position players with really good hit tools and then a couple of GOOD arms who maybe need work on control or adding a 3rd pitch. But I'd take that over the 1 best prospect you could get.

What I would like almost as much as any of that however....would be to see Devin Williams continue to dominate, another guy other than Phelps really step up(preferably a guy like Rassmussen who has dominant stuff) and move Hader back to the role that best served the team...when he'd come in in the 6th, 7th or 9th depending on what the game looked like. He's worth so much less to me as "just" the closer.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Padres are a great trade partner with an unbelievable farm system and a desperate GM that has made some bad trades in the past. I am not against getting a pitcher back in a deal for Hader especially one as good as Gore but we really need some bats in this system.

In what way is A.J. Preller desperate?

In what way is A.J. Preller desperate?

The Padres have not had a winning season in 10 years. They also made a couple pretty big trades this past offseason including trading the MLB ranked 23rd best prospect prior to 2019 and a controllable starting pitcher for 2 years of Davies and Grisham. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility for Preller to make some type of big mid season trade since they are playing well and have already shown signs of making a run in 2020 back in December. The bullpen is their big weakness and Hader is a top end talent that they would have for 3.5 years.

I would gladly take Luis Patino and Luis Campusano as the main two pieces for a Hader trade. With Patino struggling a little bit in his first few appearances, they may be a little more willing to deal him. He is extremely young obviously, but the shine can wear off quickly sometimes. Add a third MLB ready piece like OF Josh Naylor who has held his own so far in his career and you have the makings of a pretty enticing deal.

I don't think ANY team can "easily replace" the 2nd overall prospect in the game(ahead of Robert just for a point of reference and only behind Franco. He's 22 years old, he's shown virtually zero weaknessess when it comes to his offense, his defense is good enough that he's capable of playing 2nd base...

And the Dodgers have pretty much the entire lineup set for the next several years with Lux in there at 2nd.

A team like the Dodgers really shouldn't even entertain the idea of trading a guy who APPEARS as though he'll be a .300 30 HR, 20 steal middle of the field..middle of the order hitter for a reliever, even one as good as Hader.

Whatever the Yanks got from the Cubs who were in a historically unique position to trade away a stud prospect while trying to break a ~110 year WS drought...should have absolutely no bearing on our expectations for Hader.

We ALSO shouldn't expect a pitcher like Gore. Why would the Padres trade away a dominant young left handed STARTER for a dominant young..but not as YOUNG left handed reliever who's just going to start getting expensive?

Finally, I TOTALLY disagree that you don't try and get 3-4 players for Hader IF you end up trading him and you instead put all your eggs in one basket and try to get that ONE highly ranked prospect(in most cases...I'd have taken Tatis last year or Lux or Franco this year, but again, those just aren't realistic).

Give me 4 prospects, 2 guys in the 50-70 range...preferably position players with really good hit tools and then a couple of GOOD arms who maybe need work on control or adding a 3rd pitch. But I'd take that over the 1 best prospect you could get.

What I would like almost as much as any of that however....would be to see Devin Williams continue to dominate, another guy other than Phelps really step up(preferably a guy like Rassmussen who has dominant stuff) and move Hader back to the role that best served the team...when he'd come in in the 6th, 7th or 9th depending on what the game looked like. He's worth so much less to me as "just" the closer.

When you have the highest or second highest payroll in the game you can trade anyone you like and just sign a big free agent to replace them if necessary. Its been a long time since the Dodgers have won it all so they must be really itching to get it done. They can easily afford to trade Lux if they believe the payoff will be a championship.

I think it would be insane to trade Hader and not end up with as close to a sure thing prospect in return. We still have his rights for quite awhile and have no desperation whatsoever to move him. Either we get blown away or we keep the best reliever in baseball.

I've long thought that Lux was the ideal return, but I'm very much on the Padres train if they're interested. If you can get one of Morejon, Patino, or Gore, you have the makings of a fantastic deal. Gore is likely out of the question, but Patino would be great.

I just don't see the Brewers trading Hader as long as we are in line for a playoff spot. Bad PR for the club if you did that. Is he more valuable to another team right now than this winter? Could be, but then the deal has to really be good in order for the club to explain it to us.

I just don't see the Brewers trading Hader as long as we are in line for a playoff spot. Bad PR for the club if you did that. Is he more valuable to another team right now than this winter? Could be, but then the deal has to really be good in order for the club to explain it to us.

I don't think the Brewers should have any worries regarding PR. They have made the playoffs two consecutive seasons and if Stearns were to take a step back for future seasons the fans would more than understand. Since we have been a playoff team we can make a Hader deal to strengthen the system if he doesn't think this team is a threat to win it all.

I don't know if anything will materialize but this team desperately needs to improve this punchless lineup and Hader is the only chip we have to accomplish this. We have no bats even remotely close to helping us and we cannot count on the likes of Sogard and Garcia to be everyday players.

San Diego looks like a legitimate contender and has one of the top farm systems in the game. The Dodgers have to be tired of constantly falling just short and have Lux to offer. Both of these teams have bullpen needs and Hader is the best in the game with years of control.

What purpose is he serving with this team right now. Its great having a pitcher like Hader but when you have a terrible lineup and spotty at best starting pitching its a luxury and we can cash in if a team values him as highly as I think they will. Stearns needs to turn things around because not only does this season look bleak but we have nothing on the horizon to step in to what is one of the worst lineups in baseball.

Per Robert Murray: The Phillies have blown leads in their last eight losses. Seven of those losses have come with at least a 2 run lead. Their bullpen ERA is 8.33. That would be the worst in baseball history.

This team needs help badly. Hader would just be a start for them but is a definite match.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Per Robert Murray: The Phillies have blown leads in their last eight losses. Seven of those losses have come with at least a 2 run lead. Their bullpen ERA is 8.33. That would be the worst in baseball history.

This team needs help badly. Hader would just be a start for them but is a definite match.

Bohm was a high draft pick that plays third base. I have no idea how he projects as a player but the match is there if the Brewers like him. Watching him a little he looks like he needs to put on some weight but he was a very high pick that has made it to MLB very quickly.

I don't think any team will be more desperate than Philadelphia. They have spent big and have nothing to show for it. Klentak and MacPhail are probably out if they don't make the playoffs.

I really like our pitching staff (both starters and bullpen) but we really could use some fresh talent offensively and if that means trading Hader then so be it. The Twins, Padres, White Sox, etc all seem like perfect trade partners so there should be some good competition for Hader.

Archived