Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75
Miguel Andujar would kind of suck in the N.L. I hope to god Stearns doesn’t think of him as anything more than a throw in. The real value would have to be in the prospects coming back. I’ll hammer on it again but Dominguez needs to be in the deal in any trade scenario with the Yankees for me to consider moving Josh. Deivi just screams bullpen to me not unlike Freddy in that way. In my opinion a deal at the deadline could be the move if we truly are shopping Hader. A less juiced ball could easily increase his value even more, and in addition teams are usually more desperate for a splash in July. Also if he was available a bidding war would likely ensue with contending RP starved teams. A scenario where someone could actually meet Stearns ask. It all hinges on where the Brewers are in the standings though. It feels good to have all the leverage. Because if they’re are no biters we can keep a fan favorite that happens to be the best reliever in the MLB and a perfect fit for the modern game.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol if anyone really thinks Judge or even Gleybar are on any trade table send me what you’re smoking. Judge is the next Derek jeter iconic yankee (to them) and gleybar probably will be too.

I don't think anyone necessarily thinks that they are, we are simply stating what WE(as GM) would require from the Yankees to move Hader. If the answer is "no" on Gleyber, then for me, that's fine, you simply move on and keep Josh. I just don't know how you could deal an all star player, and fan favorite like Josh for a package of prospects. You'd be vilified I think. Sure, the deal can include SOME prospects, but it also has to include at least one or two proven major league talents. Otherwise DS's statement about contending will ring hollow.

I saw one Yankees / Hader proposal on Twitter that I'd be on board with...

Hader for...

SP- Deivi Garcia (key piece)

3B - Miguel Andujar

OF- Clint Frazier

1B- Mike Ford

The Yankees aren't trading Jasson Dominguez. If there's a deal to be had with them it's gotta start with Garcia.

Nothing more than Twitter rumors but it sounds like those first two pieces (Garcia and Andujar) are agreed on. It's the sweeteners preventing a deal to this point. Also seems like other teams are jumping in to help drive the offers closer to what the Brewers are willing to accept.

Hader for...

3B - Miguel Andujar

OF- Clint Frazier

1B- Mike Ford

The Yankees aren't trading Jasson Dominguez. If there's a deal to be had with them it's gotta start with Garcia.

Nothing more than Twitter rumors but it sounds like those first two pieces (Garcia and Andujar) are agreed on. It's the sweeteners preventing a deal to this point. Also seems like other teams are jumping in to help drive the offers closer to what the Brewers are willing to accept.

IF...IF this is true...those 1st two pieces are incredibly underwhelming, at least to me they are. Again, no Gleyber...no deal with the Yankees. Especially since I bet you could get the Dodgers to part with Lux at least. I mean obviously rankings are just that...rankings, but Garcia is only ranked as the 62nd best prospect in the minors(not to mention only at AA, does nothing to help this years team, or even next years probably). You should do better than that for a weapon like Hader...a proven major leaguer(at least 1...Andujar doesn't qualify as that to me) and at least a top 20 prospect(in all of baseball). Dodgers for Gavin Lux and Dustin May makes a lot more sense to me...I just want a crap ton for the best weapon in all of baseball.

Hader for...

3B - Miguel Andujar

OF- Clint Frazier

1B- Mike Ford

If true, that would be depressing.

All out depressing, not just a little bumming out...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Hader for...

3B - Miguel Andujar

OF- Clint Frazier

1B- Mike Ford

Can you send a link?

If this is true, the sweeteners better include Dominguez++. Otherwise this will be an extremely underwhelming return. If they could get something like the 4 you listed above and Dominguez, I could at least stomach it. Stearns would have to be very high on Garcia to pull the trigger.

I would much rather get a big headlining piece in a trade and get 3 guys back total instead of getting a bunch of decent talent and getting 5. Not saying Dominguez couldn’t be special down the road if he was part of a return, but there’s not much coming back to really help us now. Frazier and Ford are totally blocked with what we have on the roster currently. Garcia isn’t ready to be on the big league roster. The only immediate help we would get is Andujar who is Braun bad at third.

Hopefully there is better out there.

Edit to add that I do still have a hard time thinking this is all we could get. There should be a couple high quality prospects coming back as well as significant major league help. Andujar plays a position of need, but isn’t anybody we should target as a main piece. Again, Stearns has no rush to make a trade if he’s not overwhelmed by an offer. I would consider no part of this proposal to be overwhelming with talent.

Hader for...

3B - Miguel Andujar

OF- Clint Frazier

1B- Mike Ford

If this is true, the sweeteners better include Dominguez++. Otherwise this will be an extremely underwhelming return. If they could get something like the 4 you listed above and Dominguez, I could at least stomach it. Stearns would have to be very high on Garcia to pull the trigger.

I would much rather get a big headlining piece in a trade and get 3 guys back total instead of getting a bunch of decent talent and getting 5. Not saying Dominguez couldn’t be special down the road if he was part of a return, but there’s not much coming back to really help us now. Frazier and Ford are totally blocked with what we have on the roster currently. Garcia isn’t ready to be on the big league roster. The only immediate help we would get is Andujar who is Braun bad at third.

Hopefully there is better out there.

Exactly this...very underwhelming return. I don't know how you would explain this one to the fan base, that you traded one of the teams most popular players(all star, reliever of the year etc), for pieces that do nothing to help the current team, after you proclaimed you expect to compete this year. As others have said, the haul had better be MASSIVE, like jaw dropping massive. As you stated you HAVE to get a headliner piece back, absolutely have to.

Lol if anyone really thinks Judge or even Gleybar are on any trade table send me what you’re smoking. Judge is the next Derek jeter iconic yankee (to them) and gleybar probably will be too.

I don't think anyone necessarily thinks that they are, we are simply stating what WE(as GM) would require from the Yankees to move Hader. If the answer is "no" on Gleyber, then for me, that's fine, you simply move on and keep Josh. I just don't know how you could deal an all star player, and fan favorite like Josh for a package of prospects. You'd be vilified I think. Sure, the deal can include SOME prospects, but it also has to include at least one or two proven major league talents. Otherwise DS's statement about contending will ring hollow.

This is all based on what? I can put my house on the market for $500,000 and truly believe it's worth that but if he high bid is $350,000 then is it really worth $500,000 or have I misjudged the value? Sure, I can stubbornly hang on to my house and risk that it won't start falling apart because I arbitrarily believe it's worth $500,000 when the market clearly says it isn't worth that.

S0 you can hang on to Hader but if this is his high point in value and his value is going to depreciate, what are you going to get for him later? If the Dodgers were going to give up Lux and May in a deal then Lindor would most likely be a Dodger by now. If they aren't giving that up for Lindor, they aren't giving that up for Hader.

I think the value placed on Hader has gotten way far out of control and a bit hyperbolic at this point. You aren't getting Torres (or Judge or Severino) and I highly doubt you get Lux AND May. And I'm not sure the smart play is to hang on to Hader.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

This is all based on what? I can put my house on the market for $500,000 and truly believe it's worth that but if he high bid is $350,000 then is it really worth $500,000 or have I misjudged the value? Sure, I can stubbornly hang on to my house and risk that it won't start falling apart because I arbitrarily believe it's worth $500,000 when the market clearly says it isn't worth that.

S0 you can hang on to Hader but if this is his high point in value and his value is going to depreciate, what are you going to get for him later? If the Dodgers were going to give up Lux and May in a deal then Lindor would most likely be a Dodger by now. If they aren't giving that up for Lindor, they aren't giving that up for Hader.

I think the value placed on Hader has gotten way far out of control and a bit hyperbolic at this point. You aren't getting Torres (or Judge or Severino) and I highly doubt you get Lux AND May. And I'm not sure the smart play is to hang on to Hader.

So just give him away essentially?? What you are going to get from him if you hold on to him is dominance...that's far more valuable to me then an underwhelming return. I would rather run Hader into the ground the next 4+ years(while Yelich is still here at least), and be competitive, then give him away for less than what you should get for him.

Right or wrong, Chapman fetched Torres. That should be the starting point for return for Hader. Again, how do you explain to the fanbase, you traded away one of the teams most popular players for guys that most fans would say "who" about?? I mean, if you are applying this theory to Hader, then you might as well trade Yelich now too right??

The one way I could see Andujar being part of a Hader return is if Stearns has inside info (that fans aren’t privy to) that there’ll be a DH in the NL starting in 2021... and even then I’d want significant pitching included in the return
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I wouldn't say you misjudged the value of your house...I'd say people are low balling you in hopes of getting it for less then what it's worth(even if it's only in your eyes). Everyone always wants something cheaper then what it's truly worth. You can hang on to the house, and still get plenty of use out of it, no harm, no foul. That's better then underselling it, just to under sell it. You might also benefit from hanging on to it as you don't know what the market will be like in a year or two when maybe, you could get even MORE than what you originally anticipated.

I absolutely agree that Hader should get a large return, but I caution against using the Chapman-Torres deal as framework without the context of "the team acquiring him had their best chance at winning the WS after going the previous 108 years without winning it." Not all deals have parallel circumstances.

So just give him away essentially?? What you are going to get from him if you hold on to him is dominance...that's far more valuable to me then an underwhelming return. I would rather run Hader into the ground the next 4+ years(while Yelich is still here at least), and be competitive, then give him away for less than what you should get for him.

Right or wrong, Chapman fetched Torres. That should be the starting point for return for Hader. Again, how do you explain to the fanbase, you traded away one of the teams most popular players for guys that most fans would say "who" about?? I mean, if you are applying this theory to Hader, then you might as well trade Yelich now too right??

No, you get market value for him. Last year Grandal and Moose were worth one year contracts. This year they are worth four year contracts because the market changed. Just because Chapman was worth Torres a few years back doesn't mean that is where the market is now. Not to mention that the Chapman deal was an overpay then and there isn't anything that says a team has to overpay again because they did in the past. I don't think the Chapman deal is a legitimate starting point. I understand holding on to him and that wouldn't bother me at all if DS didn't find a deal he thought was a good one.

I think the fan disappointment angle is overblown as well. DS has put a pretty darn competitive team on the field for three years running with rosters consisting of players most fans would say "who" about. I think he's earned the cache needed for fans to trust him.

I wouldn't say you misjudged the value of your house...I'd say people are low balling you in hopes of getting it for less then what it's worth(even if it's only in your eyes). Everyone always wants something cheaper then what it's truly worth. You can hang on to the house, and still get plenty of use out of it, no harm, no foul. That's better then underselling it, just to under sell it. You might also benefit from hanging on to it as you don't know what the market will be like in a year or two when maybe, you could get even MORE than what you originally anticipated.

This is a stretch. You don't get to decide the value of your home. If no one is willing to pay the $500,000 you want for it, then it isn't worth $500,000 and you lower the price. It happens every single day and it isn't low balling at all, that is how the market works. Sure you can hold on to it but every year it is going to get more and more expensive to maintain and you are eventually going to have to deal with significant repairs like a roof (shoulder) or HVAC (elbow) and loose some of the utility of the home. You have to pay to replace the broken things as well which incurs a certain opportunity cost.

Personally, I'd take the market value and turn that into a less flashy house, a small beach house and a couple of rental properties that have a good chance of producing in the future.

The one way I could see Andujar being part of a Hader return is if Stearns has inside info (that fans aren’t privy to) that there’ll be a DH in the NL starting in 2021... and even then I’d want significant pitching included in the return

What if DS valued the other pieces in the deal more than Andujar?

This is a stretch. You don't get to decide the value of your home. If no one is willing to pay the $500,000 you want for it, then it isn't worth $500,000 and you lower the price. It happens every single day and it isn't low balling at all, that is how the market works. Sure you can hold on to it but every year it is going to get more and more expensive to maintain and you are eventually going to have to deal with significant repairs like a roof (shoulder) or HVAC (elbow) and loose some of the utility of the home. You have to pay to replace the broken things as well which incurs a certain opportunity cost.

Personally, I'd take the market value and turn that into a less flashy house, a small beach house and a couple of rental properties that have a good chance of producing in the future.

Next year there may be a shortage of housing on the market (currently in many places) and your house is one of the most desirable homes out there. People will pay what you want because there is very little inventory and the price is set accordingly. When you have THE most desirable home you dictate price. That's also how the market works.

Hader for...

3B - Miguel Andujar

OF- Clint Frazier

1B- Mike Ford

IF...IF this is true...those 1st two pieces are incredibly underwhelming, at least to me they are. Again, no Gleyber...no deal with the Yankees. Especially since I bet you could get the Dodgers to part with Lux at least. I mean obviously rankings are just that...rankings, but Garcia is only ranked as the 62nd best prospect in the minors(not to mention only at AA, does nothing to help this years team, or even next years probably). You should do better than that for a weapon like Hader...a proven major leaguer(at least 1...Andujar doesn't qualify as that to me) and at least a top 20 prospect(in all of baseball). Dodgers for Gavin Lux and Dustin May makes a lot more sense to me...I just want a crap ton for the best weapon in all of baseball.

Ummm might want to do some research as Garcia ended the year in AAA.

What if DS valued the other pieces in the deal more than Andujar?

Sure, I trust Stearns. I do think there is reasonable doubt that Andujar will ever be even an average defensive player, even at 1B or LF.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I mean, I know most people always thinks trades should be fair for both teams, but my question would be...why?? If you are the GM that wants an asset you have, that they know you don't HAVE to get rid of, unless you get EXACTLY what you want, then to me, you should be expected to over pay. It all comes down to how bad do you want/need that player?? And if you don't want to pay the price I'm asking, then you obviously don't want that player bad enough.

Archived