Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a little 3-teamer to pass the time. Arcia could also be included in the Orioles package as a change of scenery candidate.

Orioles

Dominic Smith

Andres Gimenez or a similar Mets prospect(s) in value

Jed Lowrie

Mets

Josh Hader

Brewers

Trey Mancini

Jeff McNeil

One of LHP Szapucki/ RHP Wolf/ LHP Peterson

Here's a little 3-teamer to pass the time. Arcia could also be included in the Orioles package as a change of scenery candidate.

Orioles

Dominic Smith

Jed Lowrie

Mets

Josh Hader

Brewers

Trey Mancini

Jeff McNeil

So the O's give up one of the better players in baseball and get a big contract in Lowrie, Smith who has had one good year, and Gimenez who was very mediocre at AA. Once again the Brewers make out like bandits and the other teams get screwed. The Mets could make a better deal just dealing for Hader one on one.

So the O's give up one of the better players in baseball and get a big contract in Lowrie, Smith who has had one good year, and Gimenez who was very mediocre at AA. Once again the Brewers make out like bandits and the other teams get screwed. The Mets could make a better deal just dealing for Hader one on one.

What if I include Lutz? :laughing

I'm not disagreeing with you as the proposal overvalues Hader, but I don't think the value is as far off as you opine. Mancini also only had one (very) good year in 2019 after being a negative WAR player in 2018. And Gimenez was age 20 last year in AA and was above average.

And I agree the Mets/Brewers line up pretty nicely in a Hader deal without including the Orioles. It's just fodder to pass the offseason doldrums.

Not sure how much new information is here, but this was just tweeted by Jon Heyman...

Yankees remain interested in Josh Hader and could begin a package with 3B Miguel Andujar (Brewers don’t really have a set 3B). Interested teams still aren’t totally convinced Milwaukee would move the star closer though.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Not sure how much new information is here, but this was just tweeted by Jon Heyman...

Yankees remain interested in Josh Hader and could begin a package with 3B Miguel Andujar (Brewers don’t really have a set 3B). Interested teams still aren’t totally convinced Milwaukee would move the star closer though.

Stearns should be fired on the spot if Andujar is the main piece of any Hader trade.

Stearns should be fired on the spot if Andujar is the main piece of any Hader trade.

Absolutely ridiculous that he has been targeted by these national writers as a guy that could be the main piece of a Hader deal. I get it, we don't have a third basemen as of today, but what the hell makes someone think we MUST target a third basemen in a trade for an elite RP with 4 years of control? Especially if that third basement had 1 above average season and coming off major surgery. Its insulting.

If he is a part of any Hader deal, there better be a second piece at least as valuable coming along.

Orioles

Dominic Smith

Jed Lowrie

Mets

Josh Hader

Brewers

Trey Mancini

Jeff McNeil

Trey Mancini is one of the better players in MLB? What? He’s a nice player but I wouldn’t say he’s one of the best. He’s arguably the 3rd best player in this trade behind Hader and McNeil.

Why does everyone have so much hate for Andujar being a part of a package coming back? Yes he's only had one good season in the majors, but that's out of one and only one full season, lol. He has 54 big league at bats outside of his one fantastic year and turns only 25 in March. He's also one of these guys that got better as he went through the minor league ranks while being young for each level:

2015 (A+, 20 yrs old) - .243/.288/.363/.651

2016 (A+/AA, 21) - .273/.332/.410/.742

2017 (AA/AAA, 22) - .315/.352/.498/.850

2018 (MLB, 23) - .297/.328/.527/.855

To this point, he has a career .819 OPS and 119 wRC+ on a very reasonable .308 BABIP. He's also under control for another 4 years still (his age 25-28 seasons).

I completely understand wanting more than just Andujar, but he certainly seems like a nice piece for a team that has a gaping hole at 3B right now and I don't feel like it's a reach grabbing him as a 3B. Of course it all depends on what's coming along with him, but the dismissiveness of him being a part of the package seems perplexing to me.

I have no issue with Andujar coming back in a return, but he definitely should not be the headliner. If he’s the second or third piece, yes absolutely. But if that’s the best guy they are getting back and the rest of the return package is a bunch of prospects (which they have little to no true impact prospects in their system outside of the 16 year old), then it’s a no deal. Honestly, one of Severino, Torres, or Judge should be demanded in part of a return with the Yankees.

If you’re getting arguably the top reliever in the game with 4 years of cheap control, you’re giving up an all-star caliber player or top of the rotation arm with multiple years of control. Otherwise, you move on. The Yankees just don’t have the horses to get it done in my opinion unless one of those three is in the return package.

Plus, it’s the Yankees. They can go out and spend on a replacement this offseason or next offseason to replace the guy they moved in the deal anyway. Trade Torres to us and then they can go out and sign Semien next offseason while getting Hader now. If they want a guy, they can basically go get them in free agency.

Why does everyone have so much hate for Andujar being a part of a package coming back? Yes he's only had one good season in the majors, but that's out of one and only one full season, lol. He has 54 big league at bats outside of his one fantastic year and turns only 25 in March. He's also one of these guys that got better as he went through the minor league ranks while being young for each level:

2015 (A+, 20 yrs old) - .243/.288/.363/.651

2016 (A+/AA, 21) - .273/.332/.410/.742

2017 (AA/AAA, 22) - .315/.352/.498/.850

2018 (MLB, 23) - .297/.328/.527/.855

To this point, he has a career .819 OPS and 119 wRC+ on a very reasonable .308 BABIP. He's also under control for another 4 years still (his age 25-28 seasons).

I completely understand wanting more than just Andujar, but he certainly seems like a nice piece for a team that has a gaping hole at 3B right now and I don't feel like it's a reach grabbing him as a 3B. Of course it all depends on what's coming along with him, but the dismissiveness of him being a part of the package seems perplexing to me.

I think everybody would love to have Andujar, but I don't love him in a Hader trade because it's very unclear (probably unlikely at that point) that he can stick at 3B, and because his one solid offensive season is diminished a bit by his poor plate discipline (4.1 BB%). He'd still be a great prospect to have though, obviously.

The Yankees have nothing of interest unless they want to part ways with Gleybor Torres.

I doubt seriously that the Yankees would ever trade him, but Urshela would really interest me. Especially if he came along with a Luis Gil. Again, I don't think the Yankees would ever make the deal, but it would be nice.

So why do we think the Yankees are the team popping up in the rumors/primarily Heyman tweets? I doubt that they're the only team talking with Stearns, and I really doubt Stearns leaks anything if talks are truly ongoing. So why do they appear the most with Hader? What's their angle in being in the news when they can sign Dellin or do anything else?

Put another way, why do we think we've only heard from primarily the Yankees and maybe two other teams when Hader is clearly excellent and highly valuable?

The Yankees have nothing of interest unless they want to part ways with Gleybor Torres.

I doubt seriously that the Yankees would ever trade him, but Urshela would really interest me. Especially if he came along with a Luis Gil. Again, I don't think the Yankees would ever make the deal, but it would be nice.

Urshela is not nearly good enough to highlight a package for Hader and the Yankees would send him over very happily. It amazes me what some people are willing to take for the best reliever in baseball. Either a team blows us away or Hader stays put.

Yanks don't have the guys to make DS make this move.

While I agree that the Yankees don't have a lot that interests me in a Hader deal (that they'd likely give up anyways), they do have some pieces that may interest a third team.

Yankees get: Hader

Yankees get their man while shedding a couple million in payroll

Mariners get: Andujar & Happ

Mariners save $18M in 2021 and add another talented young piece to add to their other talented young pieces. Maybe Happ can mentor Sheffield and Kikuchi.

Brewers get: Seager, Gonzales, Garcia, Montgomery & Cash ($5-10M from the Yankees)

Brewers get their 3B, an upgrade to the rotation, another LHP for the pen, a top 100 prospect, and add between $10-15M in payroll.

Except the Yankees have had more discussions with the Brewers for Hader than any other team. So Stearns must like the Yankees as a possible trade partner for Hader.

Except the Yankees have had more discussions with the Brewers for Hader than any other team. So Stearns must like the Yankees as a possible trade partner for Hader.

And you know this how? Or is this just cause that's what Jon Heyman says?

Archived