Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say we sign garcia. Hader, Cain to Mets for Thor, Nimmo, Smith. Make hard push to sign Donaldson. If you can’t sign Donaldson expand trade to Lowrie

Why do people want to go all in on a 2 year run with Thor instead of getting a haul of young talent and having a lengthy window instead of selling off after 1 and 1/2 or 2 years? I would rather get a headliner like McNeil that you’ll have for 5 years and build a lengthy window instead of putting all our eggs in one basket on a 2 year run and that’s it.

McNeil

Cain/Urias

Yelich

Hiura

Narvaez

Garcia

Braun

Urias/Cain

P

And to think we would have our 1-5 locked up for at least 3 years. Plus McNeil, Hiura, Urias, Woodruff, and Lauer controlled beyond that. Gives plenty of time for other moves and draft picks to make their way up and be long time contributors as well.

I know building a lengthy competitive window isn’t something we are used to, but why destroy our chance of having that when it’s the first time we can actually build a true long time window of being competitive?

If you want an ace, work on getting Severino then for 4 years. But Thor as the headliner for 2 years? No thank you. At least if we aren’t doing anything 2 years from now, Yelich and Severino can be moved and we wouldn’t even need to rebuild. If you get Thor and ride it out for 2 years, you only have 1 year of going for it with Yelich or trading him off and only netting the return from him and that’s it.

Severino would make way more sense in my opinion.

If you can pry McNeil, Lowrie, and J.D. Davis from the Mets, that gives you a lineup like this:

ss: Urias

2b: Hiura

rf: Yelich

1b: Davis

3b: McNeil

lf: Braun

c: Narvaez

cf: Cain

pitcher

No offensive holes, Lowrie on the bench with Gamel, Pina, Taylor, and Mathias.

Rotation has Woodruff, Houser, Lauer, Lindholm, and Anderson

Bullpen would still have Knebel, Rasmussen, Suter, Peralta, Perdomo, Devin Williams, Faria, and Yardley

LOL, I guess Rasmussen's surplus value is back up to 100 million.

I wouldn't say that high, but if I had to pick one Brewers prospect who could step in and fill Hader's multi-inning fireman role, it would be Rasmussen. Fastball that has touched 99 miles per hour, can go 2-3 innings at a time. Big difference is he actually has two other pitches he can command (slider and change-up), whereas Hader doesn't.

I think the AFL performance of Clayton Andrews also looks promising in that regard. His bat's pretty good, too.

Stearns is probably hoping for Dominguez, Andujar and a fringe prospect and, if so, I think he's wasting his time. IMO that would be a fair deal. However, I just have the feeling that the Yankees are not going to trade Dominguez.

I still think the best deal the Brewers would get out of the Yankees would be something like Andujar, Kahnle, Schmidt and a fringe prospect. I'm hoping Stearns moves on from that.

Andujar is Ryan Braun bad at third base. I don’t think he’s the answer here.

Both of those trades are bad in my opinion. I don’t see any way that is the best a team will offer for Hader. If any team thinks that’s what it takes for the best reliever in the game for 4 years of control, they shouldn’t even be negotiating with Stearns. That would be such a gross trade it’s not even funny. If that’s truly all we can get, hold onto Hader until the deadline or next offseason and revisit.

I believe if a trade were to get done with the Yankees, Andujar would be a part of it, which isn't a bad thing. The defense is very bad, but the bat is legit, the guy can flat out rake. Either they believe the defense can improve, he was an average defender in the minors, or they could move him to first. But if a deal were to get done, we'd be getting a lot more back obviously. Frazier was a top 20 prospect and the bat speed is legit, he just needs a chance to play everyday. They also have pitchers like garcia, domingo german, Jordan montgomery. Then you have other players who could be involved like relief pitchers like Kahn or position players Like Jason Dominguez, Florial, Mike Ford, etc.

All those players have either had big league success or are highly regarded in the minors. You have to assume we'd get at least 3 or 4 of those guys. If you get 3 or 4 guys that would be above average regulars, and I believe Andujar can be an all star, for a relief pitcher, even one as good as hader, I believe it's a good trade imo. I just like a lot of the guys we could realistically get back from the Yankees.

Stearns is probably hoping for Dominguez, Andujar and a fringe prospect and, if so, I think he's wasting his time. IMO that would be a fair deal. However, I just have the feeling that the Yankees are not going to trade Dominguez.

I still think the best deal the Brewers would get out of the Yankees would be something like Andujar, Kahnle, Schmidt and a fringe prospect. I'm hoping Stearns moves on from that.

Call me non-forward thinking, but I want absolutely nothing to do with Dominguez for Hader. I know he's a nice prospect, but he's 16, and isn't going to see the majors for at least 4 years. Yipee, the Yankees threw a bunch of money at a kid last year. He's just a complete utter unknown, that is probably propped up some by Yankee prospect hype, and the fact that their system sucks.

If the Brewers trade Hader to the Yankees with Dominguez as the headliner, I'll be disappointed, unless some sort of three-way deal can be worked out to garner major league-ready assets. Because centering on a 16-year-old kid simply isn't a move a contender makes. I know he can be flipped down the road, but blah. I don't want to deal with the drama of trying to flip an overhyped Yankee prospect.

Sorry, the love that Estevan Florial has gotten on prospect lists over the years has made me not want to touch anyone in that system.

Call me non-forward thinking, but I want absolutely nothing to do with Dominguez for Hader. I know he's a nice prospect, but he's 16, and isn't going to see the majors for at least 4 years. Yipee, the Yankees threw a bunch of money at a kid last year. He's just a complete utter unknown, that is probably propped up some by Yankee prospect hype, and the fact that their system sucks.

If the Brewers trade Hader to the Yankees with Dominguez as the headliner, I'll be disappointed, unless some sort of three-way deal can be worked out to garner major league-ready assets. Because centering on a 16-year-old kid simply isn't a move a contender makes. I know he can be flipped down the road, but blah. I don't want to deal with the drama of trying to flip an overhyped Yankee prospect.

Sorry, the love that Estevan Florial has gotten on prospect lists over the years has made me not want to touch anyone in that system.

Are you implying that the same front office that you have lauded for solid, if not brilliant, moves will be snowed over by the Yankee hype machine if they take Dominguez? I mean, don't we have our own metrics and scouts that tell us what we like and what we don't like and haven't you bought into that completely? You can be disappointed but you've made it a habit of scolding folks that have been disappointed by some of the moves the team has made this off season so don't you have to follow your own advice here. If DS thinks Dominguez is the guy they want for Hader then don't we apply the same thinking here?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Are you implying that the same front office that you have lauded for solid, if not brilliant, moves will be snowed over by the Yankee hype machine if they take Dominguez? I mean, don't we have our own metrics and scouts that tell us what we like and what we don't like and haven't you bought into that completely? You can be disappointed but you've made it a habit of scolding folks that have been disappointed by some of the moves the team has made this off season so don't you have to follow your own advice here. If DS thinks Dominguez is the guy they want for Hader then don't we apply the same thinking here?

Yeah. But that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed because we'd have to wait around for a 16 year old. ;)

You're right ... this front office is good, and if they want this kid, it would be a for a reason. It would probably be a solid move for the future of the ballclub, as the Brewers don't find themselves owning youngsters with that type of hype very often, and I imagine it would certainly help the health of the system to have a supposed high-end talent like that in it. But a 16-year-old? Sheesh. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't have much interest in waiting around for that. And I don't trust the Yankees system.

That said, everyone is allowed to have opinions on moves, and anyone can disagree with them and criticize them. That's what this is all about. Perhaps I need to learn just to scroll past the negative and unsubstantiated stuff, but it's rough sometimes, as you know. I need to be better about getting irked about that sort of thing.

Yeah. But that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed because we'd have to wait around for a 16 year old. ;)

You're right ... this front office is good, and if they want this kid, it would be a for a reason. It would probably be a solid move for the future of the ballclub, as the Brewers don't find themselves owning youngsters with that type of hype very often, and I imagine it would certainly help the health of the system to have a supposed high-end talent like that in it. But a 16-year-old? Sheesh. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't have much interest in waiting around for that. And I don't trust the Yankees system.

That said, everyone is allowed to have opinions on moves, and anyone can disagree with them and criticize them. That's what this is all about. Perhaps I need to learn just to scroll past the negative and unsubstantiated stuff, but it's rough sometimes, as you know. I need to be better about getting irked about that sort of thing.

I just flash back to Gilbert Lara... and how he never really put it together. Despite the hype.

He still has yet to crack a .700 OPS in the minors.

I don't mind Dominguez as the third - or preferably, fourth - piece in a Hader package, but not as the headliner.

I have faith that if Stearns makes a trade with the Yankees he won't get screwed over. There seems to be a lot of talk amongst the national media regarding the Brewers and Yankees so we'll see what happens.

Gosh, I sure hope so. I mean, maybe there's something there I'm not seeing, but I look at that system, and I just see nothing that piques my interest. A lot of young foreign signings at the top, along with a few recently drafted college arms and some former overly hyped prospects who are still hanging around the periphery of the prospect window. To deal Hader, if we are doing it for prospects, I want one "can't miss blue-chipper" and the Yankees system simply doesn't have any. And I don't think it is in the Brewers' best interest to deal off the guy who has been voted the best reliever in the game two years running for a package of the Yankees' spare parts.

You know you're good with me. I'll be honest and say I don't get the anti-Andujar hype on this board. I don't know what I'm missing there but a package that starts with Dominguez and Andujar seems like a pretty good start to me. Maybe Dominguez would be considered the headliner of that deal but the kid comes with upside we simply haven't had in this system in quite some time and that hype started before he was a Yankee.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I wouldn't say that high, but if I had to pick one Brewers prospect who could step in and fill Hader's multi-inning fireman role, it would be Rasmussen. Fastball that has touched 99 miles per hour, can go 2-3 innings at a time. Big difference is he actually has two other pitches he can command (slider and change-up), whereas Hader doesn't.

I think the AFL performance of Clayton Andrews also looks promising in that regard. His bat's pretty good, too.

Id have to believe Peralta is the 8th/9th inning sans Hader. He Ks high. Jas heart Attack perfected if turned closer. But as young as he is improvement stands to meke him stud.

Say we sign garcia. Hader, Cain to Mets for Thor, Nimmo, Smith. Make hard push to sign Donaldson. If you can’t sign Donaldson expand trade to Lowrie

Why do people want to go all in on a 2 year run with Thor instead of getting a haul of young talent and having a lengthy window instead of selling off after 1 and 1/2 or 2 years? I would rather get a headliner like McNeil that you’ll have for 5 years and build a lengthy window instead of putting all our eggs in one basket on a 2 year run and that’s it.

McNeil

Cain/Urias

Yelich

Hiura

Narvaez

Garcia

Braun

Urias/Cain

P

And to think we would have our 1-5 locked up for at least 3 years. Plus McNeil, Hiura, Urias, Woodruff, and Lauer controlled beyond that. Gives plenty of time for other moves and draft picks to make their way up and be long time contributors as well.

I know building a lengthy competitive window isn’t something we are used to, but why destroy our chance of having that when it’s the first time we can actually build a true long time window of being competitive?

If you want an ace, work on getting Severino then for 4 years. But Thor as the headliner for 2 years? No thank you. At least if we aren’t doing anything 2 years from now, Yelich and Severino can be moved and we wouldn’t even need to rebuild. If you get Thor and ride it out for 2 years, you only have 1 year of going for it with Yelich or trading him off and only netting the return from him and that’s it.

Severino would make way more sense in my opinion.

If you can pry McNeil, Lowrie, and J.D. Davis from the Mets, that gives you a lineup like this:

ss: Urias

2b: Hiura

rf: Yelich

1b: Davis

3b: McNeil

lf: Braun

c: Narvaez

cf: Cain

pitcher

No offensive holes, Lowrie on the bench with Gamel, Pina, Taylor, and Mathias.

Rotation has Woodruff, Houser, Lauer, Lindholm, and Anderson

Bullpen would still have Knebel, Rasmussen, Suter, Peralta, Perdomo, Devin Williams, Faria, and Yardley

Your biggest problem is the well below average pitching. The rotation is bad and the pen might be the worst in baseball. Brewers would be very lucky to win 70 games with your roster.

Before you annoint Rasmussen the second coming of Hader (RH version) let him try and get hitters out at AAA. Far too many pithers have looked tremendous at AA only to get to AAA and be completely overmatched. Look at Zach Brown. Pitcher of the year to a guy left off the 40 man roster and nobody in MLB wanted to take a risk on him.

Isn’t Rasmussen still consider a starting pitching prospect? Why do we constantly feel the need to take our better starting pitching prospects and throw them in the bullpen?

He's already had two Tommy John surgeries. The chances he makes it as a starter for any length of time are slim to none.

Archived