Brewer Fanatic

Hader trade ideas

Gonzo75
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don’t see how a trade with the Yankees can happen. They have such a crappy minor league system and no one to trade from their big league club that would make sense. Unless I’m missing somebody? Andujar would be nice but he’s coming back from shoulder surgery last May.

I don't think two years of Syndergaard is tenough for Hader. Dominic Smith is an absolute non-entity in this caliber of trade, while I wouldn't mind having him he's not a top prospect anymore.

Four years of the best RP in baseball?

It's likely that Noah would throw more innings over his two years of control than Josh would over his four.

Now of course, Hader's innings have been of a higher quality & come almost entirely in only the highest leverage spots, so the Mets would have to include one of Davis/Smith & more to even it out.

If you want an established "ace" in return for Josh, I don't see us getting one that has equal or more control, just based on the volume difference between SP/RP.

If Hader is dealt I would imagine that Stearns & company go for as much team control as possible in return. I still don't think Lux is going anywhere, but something like Ruiz/Gray from LAD plus a couple low level fliers the scouting/analytics department likes makes the most sense to me.

If the Dodgers aren't willing to include Lux then no deal. Let them flop in the playoffs another few years.

I just don’t see how a trade with the Yankees can happen. They have such a crappy minor league system and no one to trade from their big league club that would make sense. Unless I’m missing somebody? Andujar would be nice but he’s coming back from shoulder surgery last May.

You have to be extremely high on Dominguez to even do a deal with the Yankees. Knowing the way that Cashman operates he will try to unload a pile of trash for Hader and to be honest I really don't want to help that team win anything.

I am shocked at the consensus of what we should be willing to accept for Hader.

Propose your own trade(s) then.

Mets

SP Noah Syndergaard

OF Brandon Nimmo

3B Brett Baty (min)

Yankees

SP Luis Severino

C Anthony Seigler (min)

Dodgers

SP Julio Urias

SP Dustin May

Mets

SP Noah Syndergaard

OF Brandon Nimmo

3B Brett Baty (min)

Yankees

SP Luis Severino

C Anthony Seigler (min)

Dodgers

SP Julio Urias

SP Dustin May

tenor.gif

Mets

SP Noah Syndergaard

OF Brandon Nimmo

3B Brett Baty (min)

Yankees

SP Luis Severino

C Anthony Seigler (min)

Dodgers

SP Julio Urias

SP Dustin May

tenor.gif

Please explain. Honestly I would ask for more. These are deals that I would accept as fair given the actual (non-sabermetric) value of elite closers.

Mets

SP Noah Syndergaard

OF Brandon Nimmo

3B Brett Baty (min)

Yankees

SP Luis Severino

C Anthony Seigler (min)

Dodgers

SP Julio Urias

SP Dustin May

tenor.gif

Please explain. Honestly I would ask for more. These are deals that I would accept as fair given the actual (non-sabermetric) value of elite closers.

I think it's easiest to say we have a wildly different evaluation on Hader.

I suspect you are both undervaluing four years of Hader and overvaluing the players listed given their recent histories versus remaining upside.

Josh Hader pitched 75 innings last season and most people think he was overworked. Lots of those innings were high leverage but it is still 75 innings. Yes 4 years of control is good but he will start getting expensive soon.

The Dodgers signed Blake Treinen and are supposedly in on Dellin Betances. If they sign Betances, I suspect the interest in Hader may go away. However, if the Dodgers are to make a deal for Hader, I think the likely package will include Corey Seager and your choice of May or Lux but not both.

FWIW, I would do either Seager and Lux or Seager and May.

Mets

SP Noah Syndergaard

OF Brandon Nimmo

3B Brett Baty (min)

Yankees

SP Luis Severino

C Anthony Seigler (min)

Dodgers

SP Julio Urias

SP Dustin May

Urias would be intriguing, but I'm guessing the Dodgers have big plans in 2020 to add him into the rotation? Does anyone know for sure what they are thinking with Urias? And, would he still be considered "off limits" for them to trade?

I don't think two years of Syndergaard is tenough for Hader. Dominic Smith is an absolute non-entity in this caliber of trade, while I wouldn't mind having him he's not a top prospect anymore.

Four years of the best RP in baseball?

It's likely that Noah would throw more innings over his two years of control than Josh would over his four.

Now of course, Hader's innings have been of a higher quality & come almost entirely in only the highest leverage spots, so the Mets would have to include one of Davis/Smith & more to even it out.

If you want an established "ace" in return for Josh, I don't see us getting one that has equal or more control, just based on the volume difference between SP/RP.

If Hader is dealt I would imagine that Stearns & company go for as much team control as possible in return. I still don't think Lux is going anywhere, but something like Ruiz/Gray from LAD plus a couple low level fliers the scouting/analytics department likes makes the most sense to me.

If the Dodgers aren't willing to include Lux then no deal. Let them flop in the playoffs another few years.

Just like Hader did in the playoffs this year.

You have to be extremely high on Dominguez to even do a deal with the Yankees. Knowing the way that Cashman operates he will try to unload a pile of trash for Hader and to be honest I really don't want to help that team win anything.

I am very high on Dominguez and wouldn't mind seeing the Brewers do a deal based around him. Dominguez, Kahnle, Schmidt is the starting point and then tack some more player(s) on top of that. However, my gut feeling is that Dominguez would be the one minor leaguer the Yankees would completely take off the board. I proposed a Yankee deal on the previous page, but personally would not do that deal. I think it's fair to significantly downgrade Aguilar because of the medicals.

I think there is a very good chance Hader gets moved this offseason. I would put it above a 50/50 chance that he is traded. Relievers are just too volatile to hold onto when you could move him now and bring back enough talent to move our window from 3 years to 5+ years even if Yelich were to move on.

I really don’t see the Yankees having enough to get a deal done. The Mets and Dodgers have enough to pull it off. One team that hasn’t been linked to them, but I think could be a dark horse candidate is the Angels. They are going for it and have Jo Adell to headline a package. When you have a top 5 prospect to headline a package, you have the pieces to work out a trade. It’s just a matter of if they are willing to part with him.

If we could get Jo Adell and their second best outfield prospect Brandon Marsh, it would be a very strong foundation for a Hader trade.

Adell would be a fantastic get. He would be the perfect fit to take over when Braun is gone after the 2020 season. If the Angels would have any interest in actually moving him, who knows. But they would lock in the best relief pitcher in the game for 4 years.

I think there is a very good chance Hader gets moved this offseason. I would put it above a 50/50 chance that he is traded. Relievers are just too volatile to hold onto when you could move him now and bring back enough talent to move our window from 3 years to 5+ years even if Yelich were to move on.

I really don’t see the Yankees having enough to get a deal done. The Mets and Dodgers have enough to pull it off. One team that hasn’t been linked to them, but I think could be a dark horse candidate is the Angels. They are going for it and have Jo Adell to headline a package. When you have a top 5 prospect to headline a package, you have the pieces to work out a trade. It’s just a matter of if they are willing to part with him.

If we could get Jo Adell and their second best outfield prospect Brandon Marsh, it would be a very strong foundation for a Hader trade.

Adell would be a fantastic get. He would be the perfect fit to take over when Braun is gone after the 2020 season. If the Angels would have any interest in actually moving him, who knows. But they would lock in the best relief pitcher in the game for 4 years.

Adell is exactly the type of elite prospect that we must get back in any Hader deal. The last thing I want to see is a quantity of mediocre talent in any potential deal. We MUST come out of any Hader deal with at least one and preferably two top of the line prospects like Lux or Adell.

Urias would be intriguing, but I'm guessing the Dodgers have big plans in 2020 to add him into the rotation? Does anyone know for sure what they are thinking with Urias? And, would he still be considered "off limits" for them to trade?

They are reportedly planning to use him in the rotation, but I could easily see them signing a FA (Bumgarner? Ryu?) and then dealing from their pitching surplus if they really want Hader.

He was untouchable prior to his massive injuries across 2017-18, but he now only has 4 years of team control left and was very good in relief last year but not without yellow flags (2.49 ERA, 4.28 xFIP). Given the risks involved I think it's a fair return.

Was scrolling through a Yankees board, a small but significant contingent of them think we should have to send prospects back with Hader just to get Andujar. They might be even more delusional than Cubs fans...Wow

This is the typical blind homerism that you can find among any fanbase. Which makes it even more insane to me the trades suggested here for Hader. I've seen some outrageous valuations of our own players before, but never this massive undervaluing of a legitimate star, who is cheap and under control for years.

Imagine suggesting trading the best RP in baseball for Miguel Andujar and some middling prospects?

We know Stearns values him incredibly high, as he should. So why are people, (brewers fans nonetheless!) proposing we trade him for garbage? I truly don't understand it.

Adell is exactly the type of elite prospect that we must get back in any Hader deal. The last thing I want to see is a quantity of mediocre talent in any potential deal. We MUST come out of any Hader deal with at least one and preferably two top of the line prospects like Lux or Adell.

Would you have traded Hiura for Edwin Diaz last year?

That's essentially what you're asking for with Lux or Adell for Hader.

Diaz 2016-18 | 191 IP | 64 ERA-/60 FIP- | 5.9 rWAR/6.3 fWAR

Hader 2017-19 | 204 IP | 57 ERA-/63 FIP- | 7.2 rWAR/5.9 fWAR

I personally wouldn't have traded Hiura for Diaz & I don't believe either LA club would trade Lux or Adell for Hader because 6 years of an elite position player prospect is more valuable than 4 years of a reliever, even thee very best one in the game.

Archived