Brewer Fanatic

Game 9: Packers @ Chargers - Sunday, November 3rd, 3:25PM

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is a team that hasn't established any sort of identity yet. They've managed to win a bunch of games in different ways, and the two losses were very, very different. The Eagles loss was on the defense, while today's game, I believe, falls on the shoulders of the offense. The Chargers dared the Packers to beat them by settling for field goals time and time again, but the Packers just looked lethargic on offense until it was too late. They are just a tough team to get a read on. I think they are a tam that can stick with anyone when they are on, but they've had too many instances of being "off" this season to truly feel comfortable.

On offense, yea, nobody's getting open. But is that, in part, because they're still predictable? I guess I was expecting more imagination this year. No matter what I hear, I'm still convinced this offense is a mish mosh of the game plan/ play called and what Rodgers wants to do.

I mean if you only watched today's game I get that opinion of the offense but did you watch the last three or four?

I have no doubts the offense will be fine. Today? The offensive line might as well have stayed on the plane. They were awful. The pre-snap penalties were inexcusable and it was obvious they weren't ready to play.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a team that hasn't established any sort of identity yet. They've managed to win a bunch of games in different ways, and the two losses were very, very different. The Eagles loss was on the defense, while today's game, I believe, falls on the shoulders of the offense. The Chargers dared the Packers to beat them by settling for field goals time and time again, but the Packers just looked lethargic on offense until it was too late. They are just a tough team to get a read on. I think they are a tam that can stick with anyone when they are on, but they've had too many instances of being "off" this season to truly feel comfortable.

True. Early on, it was hey this defense is built for take-aways. Now that has fallen off. How about bend, don't break? Sort of, I guess. On offense, running game looks great, then non-existent. Pass protection is great or awful. I still really don't know what their offense is yet.

Most of this is due, I believe, to limited talent. And then some of that talent is very young. But in general, I see a defense that is reacting rather than imposing their will. They don't get enough pressure on the qb, and rarely blitz. Middle of the field is always open for business. I want early season Savage back.

On offense, yea, nobody's getting open. But is that, in part, because they're still predictable? I guess I was expecting more imagination this year. No matter what I hear, I'm still convinced this offense is a mish mosh of the game plan/ play called and what Rodgers wants to do.

Today's offense game plan was a dud. I don't know if that was because the plan itself was poor, or if Rodgers freelancing didn't work. But over the last month or so, the offense has been very innovative and dang near terrific. They been great at attacking the weaknesses in the opposition's defense. For some reason, despite the chargers being one of the worst run defenses in the league, the Packers didn;t attack them with the running game today. Rodgers also took several inexplicable bombs in 3rd and medium or short situations, which is something he did a lot last year, but i haven't seen much of this year. I don't know what happened to that innovative offense we've been seeing. I hope it wasn't Rodgers going off script.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
LaFleur said they never even made it into the game plan.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The offensive line was awful. Rodgers was bad. Jones and Williams were fine but they can only do so much.

I was afraid of a game like this when Adams returned. I do wonder if being without Adams made Rodgers a better quarterback when he was forced into trusting his guys and throwing into tighter windows. It looked like he was back into the old habits today of just staring down Adams. Not good.

I'm obviously not saying we don't need Adams back but he needs to be fit into the scheme of this offense, not become the focal point of it.

The offensive line was awful. Rodgers was bad. Jones and Williams were fine but they can only do so much.

I was afraid of a game like this when Adams returned. I do wonder if being without Adams made Rodgers a better quarterback when he was forced into trusting his guys and throwing into tighter windows. It looked like he was back into the old habits today of just staring down Adams. Not good.

I'm obviously not saying we don't need Adams back but he needs to be fit into the scheme of this offense, not become the focal point of it.

Adams definitely was eye candy for Rodgers today. I am of the opinion Lazard needs to be WR2 and starting. I feel MVS has a limited playbook to draw from. Allison plays undersized. Lazard wants it. Plays big on the field. Today, Adams return took Lazard off the field the first half. If there's a positive to look at its that Lazard has talent and he's showing it when he gets snaps. Rodgers has two go to threats again at WR.

That surprises me. Even though the offense struggled early, they were only down by 6 for much of the first half. Why panic? On the bright side, the Vikings still have to play the Chargers in LA this year.

That surprises me. Even though the offense struggled early, they were only down by 6 for much of the first half. Why panic? On the bright side, the Vikings still have to play the Chargers in LA this year.

Probably because Rodgers was hurried or sacked on like 90% of his early drop backs? You can't perform your plan if you can't actually have a play develop.

Archived