Brewer Fanatic

2019 MLB Postseason: World Series [Nationals win series, 4-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the start of the divisional series' I found the Nationals a hard team to root for. They just don't seem exciting to me. Vanilla and boring. But after the way the Astros botched the whole Osuna debacle I am definitely rooting for three more outs.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm kinda glad Mattress Mack lost a lot of money.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Watching all the pen implosions this postseason makes me think that if the Brewers were willing to deal Hader, it would be basically a "name your price" situation. Yes, I realize that he is responsible for one of those pen implosions.

If Hader isn't traded I'll be convinced doing it wasn't worth it for the Brewers, because woof, these bullpens.

Not a bad series at all. A lot of fun. Happy for the Nats. Seems like a long time ago that the Brewers had them on the ropes and at a 9 count in the Wild Card game.

A lot of people missed the kill shot on the Nats. Just gotta tip your cap to them.

Someday, baby...

Rays, Rockies, Padres, Mariners, Rangers, Nationals, and Brewers.

List got smaller tonight.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Watching all the pen implosions this postseason makes me think that if the Brewers were willing to deal Hader, it would be basically a "name your price" situation. Yes, I realize that he is responsible for one of those pen implosions.

If Hader isn't traded I'll be convinced doing it wasn't worth it for the Brewers, because woof, these bullpens.

Yet the Nationals had one of the worst bullpens in baseball and just won the World Series.

I think one thing we've learned in recent World Series' is that there's a lot of different ways to skin a cat. The Royals recently won with an elite bullpen and lackluster rotation. The Nationals were able to get around their bullpen problem in the playoffs by piggybacking their elite starters.

I think probably the most important thing is to be really strong in one area and use that to your advantage like we did with our pen in the 2018 playoffs.

Cool to see a guy like Howie Kendrick ... a hotshot prospect who nearly flamed out, but stuck with it and turned himself into a useful player, have so much success in the playoffs. Gives me hope for guys like Orlando Arcia.

Kendrick was always a useful player even early in his career. I guess maybe he didn't live up to everyone's expectations of being the #12 overall prospect in 2006 but he certainly didn't disappoint either.

Cool to see a guy like Howie Kendrick ... a hotshot prospect who nearly flamed out, but stuck with it and turned himself into a useful player, have so much success in the playoffs. Gives me hope for guys like Orlando Arcia.

Kendrick was always a useful player even early in his career. I guess maybe he didn't live up to everyone's expectations of being the #12 overall prospect in 2006 but he certainly didn't disappoint either.

I know batting average isn't as big as it once was but the guy has a .294 career average in over 6,000 plate appearances.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know batting average isn't as big as it once was but the guy has a .294 career average in over 6,000 plate appearances.

He was a super hyped guy as a prospect, but then never quite lived up to the billing. But he has been consistently good for a very long time, while sort of flying under the radar. It's cool seeing guys like that get the chance to shine. Sort of a similar career arch to B.J. Surhoff, albeit not as a 1st rounder.

He was a super hyped guy as a prospect, but then never quite lived up to the billing. But he has been consistently good for a very long time, while sort of flying under the radar. It's cool seeing guys like that get the chance to shine. Sort of a similar career arch to B.J. Surhoff, albeit not as a 1st rounder.

He was that hyped because he put up insane numbers in the minor leagues, but he's been good for a long time - injuries hampered him here and there, but Kendrick has always been a professional hitter. Never really became a consistent high OPS guy because of limited power, but he is a high contact, low/moderate strikeout guy that really helps fill out lineups full of power hitters. He had what is essentially a career year offensively at 35 aside from missing time with injury.

I've always really liked him as a player despite the fact he's been on alot of teams I was never actively rooting for and at times rooting against

He was that hyped because he put up insane numbers in the minor leagues, but he's been good for a long time - injuries hampered him here and there, but Kendrick has always been a professional hitter. Never really became a consistent high OPS guy because of limited power, but he is a high contact, low/moderate strikeout guy that really helps fill out lineups full of power hitters. He had what is essentially a career year offensively at 35 aside from missing time with injury.

I've always really liked him as a player despite the fact he's been on alot of teams I was never actively rooting for and at times rooting against

Agreed! It sort of seems like the national media kinda discovered him this postseason, but he's been a guy who has played multiple positions and has been productive wherever he's went for a long time. Hard not to be really happy for a guy like that finally seemingly getting his due. I really wonder what kind of deal he's looking at next year going into his age 36/37 season, but coming off a career year and these postseason heroics?

Glad the Nationals could pull it off and win the World Series! The Nationals have a lot of impending free agents that played a huge role in their success this season (Rendon, Strasburg, Kendrick, Cabrera) and it’ll be interesting to see who they are able to retain.

Archived