Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
I personally was always bothered by the weird squiggly seam on the old logo, so I'm glad they updated it to make it look like a real baseball. Everything else looks pretty much the same to me. I mean, are we really going to get upset because the centered the ball?

I am *shrug*. The seams - meh no big deal, go ahead and change them. But the rest, even though they are small tweaks, somehow look...just worse, cheaper.

Look, I know it’s petty and such a small deal, and at the end of the day I’m not actually as upset as my ranting here leads on. But we all know that our teams irrationally, to some small extent, become part of our identity. And tweaking what was already perfect and ingrained in many of us as the truest Brewers logo just rubs me the wrong way, makes me uncomfortable, makes me a little sad.

I am not Shea Vucinich

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally was always bothered by the weird squiggly seam on the old logo, so I'm glad they updated it to make it look like a real baseball. Everything else looks pretty much the same to me. I mean, are we really going to get upset because the centered the ball?

I am *shrug*. The seams - meh no big deal, go ahead and change them. But the rest, even though they are small tweaks, somehow look...just worse, cheaper.

Look, I know it’s petty and such a small deal, and at the end of the day I’m not actually as upset as my ranting here leads on. But we all know that our teams irrationally, to some small extent, become part of our identity. And tweaking what was already perfect and ingrained in many of us as the truest Brewers logo just rubs me the wrong way, makes me uncomfortable, makes me a little sad.

Not even close to how 13-year-old me felt betrayed in 1994 when they replaced that iconic logo with that horrible generic Motre Bame knockoff. Can you imagine the uproar if social media was an actual thing back then? I don't care that they are tweaking the logo, just as long as they finally right that wrong.

I’m guessing the overwhelming majority of baseball fans will not even notice the changes to the ball in glove itself.

I never noticed the original had the Pepsi seam instead of actual seams until it was pointed out & now kind of wonder why it never had actual seams in the first place.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I’m guessing the overwhelming majority of baseball fans will not even notice the changes to the ball in glove itself.

I never noticed the original had the Pepsi seam instead of actual seams until it was pointed out & now kind of wonder why it never had actual seams in the first place.

The only time I notice that other teams make major uniform changes is when those changes are really really ugly or awful. This is some minor cosmetic changes oh, so like you said, nobody other than fans of the Brewers is even going to notice.

I don’t like to be that guy that says they have a source (as I rarely ever do) but I just know someone connected with the Brewers who shared with me that the mistake was by Topps to release that card before the Brewers were ready to release it themselves. I know nothing else about it other than that. So no uniform news and what I shared isn’t exactly breaking news as most have guessed that the logo is that anyways.

Thanks for sharing, was just curious. It was pretty obvious that it is the logo once the differences between the classic one were pointed out.

My wishlist for the new uniforms:

Pinstripes as the main home uniform

A cream colored alternate home uniform.

A yellow alternate uniform

Incorporate a Barrelman hat with one of the sets

I just want uniforms similar to 1992 with their updates color scheme and then blue alternatives. This franchise is famous for overdoing it with the uniforms, let’s keep it simple.

The original Ball in Glove Logo had a more circular design to it.

Why not just change the color scheme? Why mess with the dimensions and make it look worse?

Because someone was hired and told to update the logo. Rebrand. Refresh.

So they did something just to do something. And they made it worse.

I am not Shea Vucinich

You're right, that flag is pretty horrid.

If you're talking about the logo, though .... they changed the seams on the baseball. Whatever.

If you're talking about the logo, though .... they changed the seams on the baseball. Whatever.

They also tried to center the ball more in the "b" and made the "m" connect with the "b". The ball location now just makes it look off. Looks like something you would see on a cheap Chinese knock-off.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

its longer and thinner and looks weird. I'll get used to it and sure nobody will care next time this year but it does look off to me.

I have this weird combination of opinions:

1) They totally did something just to do something and probably should have just gone with the original.

2) The new one looks fine and I'm pretty excited for it.

I have this weird combination of opinions:

1) They totally did something just to do something and probably should have just gone with the original.

This does make sense, since they have been selling basically the retro logo in the updated color scheme for a few seasons, the increases in sales would not necessarily have been seen since most fans would own stuff with that. By doing this, its more likely that people will want to own something with the updated logo. Yes, fans will still buy the new jerseys, but I'm talking about new sweatshirts, tshirtsl, polos, hats, etc too.

Fans have been clamoring for a return to the BiG for years and then the Brewers give the fans something they weren't asking for. The original was a classic and the only move that needed to be made (if one needed to be made) was to change to navy instead of royal (and that is debatable).

This reminds me of a decision the Selig or Selig-Prieb management team would make, not the Attanasio team. I am surprised about how tone deaf they have been on this decision.

I can't really tell the difference unless I look closely and really think about it. Then I go back and look at the old one and it looks weird with the baseball not centered.

This is exactly where I am at. Also still trying to figure out why the original had the weird Pepsi seam instead of actual seams in the first place.

Fans living in the past have been clamoring for a return to the BiG for years

While the “living in the past” likely has some validity, I don’t believe it’s the case for most. I think the original BiG logo is the best logo in sports, period. That’s why I want it back.

I see your fix and raise you another.

Dude, you need a new hobby other than snark on this board. It doesn't add to any conversation.

You don't like the BiG. Cool. Instead of being snarky, why don't you offer your actual opinion on what the logo should look like? I was born in 1982 and in no way am living in the past. I just think it's an amazing logo.

(Other than the powder blues and the gray Milwaukee script, those uniforms were pretty average though, I'll give you that ).

Archived