Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
I like both the old color scheme and the new. Any ball in glove logo, slightly modified or not, is much better than the last one. What ends up as the official logo might not have much bearing on what's on the jerseys, and the differences in the logo isn't something that'll be really noticable on a jersey patch anyway. If the leak turns out to be accurate, I'm more then fine with that. I just wish we haven't been given hope that the BiG is coming back only to be disappointed...

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each uniform theme in Brewers history is associated with a specific era. The 80s are the classic look, the 90s are forgettable (both the look and the players wearing the jerseys), the 2000s-2010s are the Miller Park/Ryan Braun era.

Wow, pretty harsh towards the 90s. They had some solid teams. Wasn’t it 1998 they printed playoff tickets before a miserable Sept? I still have them in my dad’s house. Jeff Cirillo, Fernando Vina, Mark Loretta, jeromy Burnitz, David Nilsson, John Jaha....all good players. Even Jose Valentin, despite his strikeouts and poor D, was good. We had solid bullpens. If we had any pitching at all, we might have had winning seasons

Some solid teams? They finished second place one single time...that was their highest accomplishment. I think the gas a 83 win team, an 80 win team, and then all down hill from there.

The 90s teams sucked and their uniforms were quite fitting.

I am okay with modifying uniforms and logos for different eras as long as the colors and themes are consistent. I like how the Pirates have had had many uniform changes but still keep consistent colors, concepts, and the same “P”.

I think that is the right way to do it. You can balance tradition and identity with change also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's too much focus on "eras." You don't need some sort of fashion identity to go along with an era. The BiG logo is an all-time great and it was a gigantic mistake to get rid of it. Just bring it back as THE Brewers logo and be done with it.

Each uniform theme in Brewers history is associated with a specific era. The 80s are the classic look, the 90s are forgettable (both the look and the players wearing the jerseys), the 2000s-2010s are the Miller Park/Ryan Braun era.

Wow, pretty harsh towards the 90s. They had some solid teams. Wasn’t it 1998 they printed playoff tickets before a miserable Sept? I still have them in my dad’s house. Jeff Cirillo, Fernando Vina, Mark Loretta, jeromy Burnitz, David Nilsson, John Jaha....all good players. Even Jose Valentin, despite his strikeouts and poor D, was good. We had solid bullpens. If we had any pitching at all, we might have had winning seasons

Some solid teams? They finished second place one single time...that was their highest accomplishment. I think the gas a 83 win team, an 80 win team, and then all down hill from there.

The 90s teams sucked and their uniforms were quite fitting.

MrTPlush, as is usual, we disagree. In this case it's on the wording. I replied that they had some solid players on those teams, listing quite a few good players. You're focusing on the end product of those teams--their records. However, they even had a few competitive (you'll argue the word "competitive," but I mean around .500. In other words "not miserable") years that unfortunately didn't break the losing ways of the 90s. In 1997 they were over .500 in early September. In 1998 they were over .500 into early August. Some other years weren't so bad. In hindsight, we had a good core of players. We weren't terrible by any stretch of the imagination. Unfortunately we had an owner that couldn't keep up with the modern economics of the game, an outdated ballpark with limited revenue streams, a weak GM, and terrible results with early draft picks.

I am okay with modifying uniforms and logos for different eras as long as the colors and themes are consistent. I like how the Pirates have had had many uniform changes but still keep consistent colors, concepts, and the same “P”.

I think that is the right way to do it. You can balance tradition and identity with change also.

This x100. The ball in glove is classic and among the best logos in sports, period. No we don’t have 27 World Series titles, but that doesn’t mean our logo isn’t great, even perfect.

Make the ball in glove, in its current glorious perfect form, the primary logo. Forever. However else you want to tweak the jerseys/colors...hey go nuts.

I am not Shea Vucinich

This x100. The ball in glove is classic and among the best logos in sports, period. No we don’t have 27 World Series titles, but that doesn’t mean our logo isn’t great, even perfect.

Make the ball in glove, in its current glorious perfect form, the primary logo. Forever. However else you want to tweak the jerseys/colors...hey go nuts.

100% agree with both posts above.

100%!!!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Padres are doing good and bad so far from what I can see with their rebrand from the picture below.

EIORU61WsAAAeY3?format=jpg&name=medium

The good:

-Returning to the colors that ARE the Padres (brown and yellow)

-The swinging friar is prominent

The bad:

-Is it the historical brown or is it so dark brown it looks black? This would be bad

EIKXsi2W4Ags5ws?format=jpg&name=large

Now most of this is pure speculation as nothing has been announced but:

1. I wish the Brewers wouldn't have modified the BiG period. The centering of the ball, addition of stitching and connecting the M and the B still feel like tweaks for the sake of tweaks. However, it will be something that we probably won't care about in a year or two. I can deal with it.

2. I would have also preferred the colors return to royal and yellow, as I feel that combination is the Brewers. Royal, while other teams like the Cubs, Dodgers and Royals have them, isn't featured prominently with yellow. It's a unique look to the Brewers (since the Mariners updated their uniforms in the 90s). Navy just isn't exciting to me. Hopefully they keep the royal/yellow as an alternate. Cream should be looked at as an addition given its history in Milwaukee.

3. Much like the Swinging Friar, feature the Barrelman. That is an iconic look for the Brewers and I think they did a great job of updating his look a few years back.

Overall, I am excited for the new look and hope they hit it out of the ballpark like the Bucks did with their rebrand.

I can confirm that the logo on the Bernie the Brewer baseball card is the logo.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Its interesting, they only wore the regular "home" uniform with the white top and white pants 19 times in 2019. They wore either the Blue "Milwaukee" jersey, or the Blue "Brewers" jersey 38 times.

Because the players like them and the players typically pick the uniform outside of special days (notably the starter). That is why the retro uniform has made many appearances outside Friday...usually when the team is streaking. I will never forget when we were sucking so bad and the team was so desperate for something they started wearing the BP uniforms.

Where did you find that? I was trying to look up that exact information and couldn't find it. I thought there was a site of some sort that tracked it.

can you share how you can?

I don’t like to be that guy that says they have a source (as I rarely ever do) but I just know someone connected with the Brewers who shared with me that the mistake was by Topps to release that card before the Brewers were ready to release it themselves. I know nothing else about it other than that. So no uniform news and what I shared isn’t exactly breaking news as most have guessed that the logo is that anyways.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

can you share how you can?

I don’t like to be that guy that says they have a source (as I rarely ever do) but I just know someone connected with the Brewers who shared with me that the mistake was by Topps to release that card before the Brewers were ready to release it themselves. I know nothing else about it other than that. So no uniform news and what I shared isn’t exactly breaking news as most have guessed that the logo is that anyways.

Brew4U aka High Heat

Just kidding. Thanks for sharing inside information.

This "new" logo looks like it was created by a Marketing Intern with access to Photoshop in about 15 minutes.

I, for one, will be doing my part to protest this by never buying a piece of Brewers merchandise with that bastardization. Yes they are small changes...but they blew it.

Seriously, how hard is this to not screw up? You have such a fantastic logo. It’s almost universally loved, and the overwhelming majority of fans want it back. No one is calling for any changes to it, we just want it back.

So just freaking use it. As is. No work required. No logo designer needs to be hired so he can tweak it and justify the money wasted on what you’re paying him for this. Adjust the jerseys all you want but don’t change what doesn’t need changing.

I’m becoming more upset (well...equally upset) about how stupid the decision is the change the logo at all than I am about the changes themselves.

I am not Shea Vucinich

This "new" logo looks like it was created by a Marketing Intern with access to Photoshop in about 15 minutes.

I, for one, will be doing my part to protest this by never buying a piece of Brewers merchandise with that bastardization. Yes they are small changes...but they blew it.

Seriously, how hard is this to not screw up? You have such a fantastic logo. It’s almost universally loved, and the overwhelming majority of fans want it back. No one is calling for any changes to it, we just want it back.

So just freaking use it. As is. No work required. No logo designer needs to be hired so he can tweak it and justify the money wasted on what you’re paying him for this. Adjust the jerseys all you want but don’t change what doesn’t need changing.

I’m becoming more upset (well...equally upset) about how stupid the decision is the change the logo at all than I am about the changes themselves.

I personally was always bothered by the weird squiggly seam on the old logo, so I'm glad they updated it to make it look like a real baseball. Everything else looks pretty much the same to me. I mean, are we really going to get upset because the centered the ball?

Archived