Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
  • Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’ve brought this up before but check the font at the American Family Fields of Phoenix as well as the font on the roof the dugouts at Miller Park. I fully expected this to be the font of new uniforms in Spring Training and still expect that to be the case.

The last major uniform/brand switch was in the 1998/1999 offseason - in time for the originally-planned last year of County Stadium. A big change now would help usher in the planned name change/rebranding for Miller Park. So while WTP's theory isn't a slam-dunk, it is extremely plausible.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The last major uniform/brand switch was in the 1998/1999 offseason - in time for the originally-planned last year of County Stadium. A big change now would help usher in the planned name change/rebranding for Miller Park. So while WTP's theory isn't a slam-dunk, it is extremely plausible.

wasn't it before the 2000 season, the year miller park was supposed to be opened? also, i believe they were unveiled in early December. I still remember taking a final at Marquette and running to a computer after to see the new logo/ uniforms that were unveiled while i was in the final exam.

those road uniforms would be sweet.Personally if they go to pinstripes, i'd have to see before I decide if I like them. It is the cubs / yankees thing, which is a negative. I think if they had the uniforms above in white, with Brewers on it, they would look nice.

I am not a huge fan of pinstripes, but if it meant returning to something similar to the below set as the road uniforms then I would gladly accept the home pinstripes...

4382_milwaukee_brewers-road-1990.png

Yessss... Loved those uniforms. I'd love to buy one someday that isn't ridiculously expensive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I am not a huge fan of pinstripes, but if it meant returning to something similar to the below set as the road uniforms then I would gladly accept the home pinstripes...

Oh man...my favorite Brewer uniform of all time. Use the royal and yellow colors, ball and glove and modernize the templates for the uniforms (if you must) and call it a day.

I texted my brother about this because these sorts of things are very interesting to me. His response terrified me. He asked, “They would still be the Brewers, right?”

That thought had never even crossed my mind but now I am worried. The Milwaukee Insurance Agents? Could it be!?!?

Yes, he's been on record many times re: NFL/Nike/flag

Yawn, but continues to promote Nike with each time he types Nike. :laughing

Great reply, you are so smart.

*yawn*

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I texted my brother about this because these sorts of things are very interesting to me. His response terrified me. He asked, “They would still be the Brewers, right?”

That thought had never even crossed my mind but now I am worried. The Milwaukee Insurance Agents? Could it be!?!?

I mean it sounds stupid but I could see the name Brewers being dropped at some point for being not socially acceptable or something like that. Not right now, but some day.

I mean it sounds stupid but I could see the name Brewers being dropped at some point for being not socially acceptable or something like that. Not right now, but some day.

Not socially acceptable? In Wisconsin it is...alcoholism is like the coolest thing and other negative drinking related things.

Brewing beer isn't socially acceptable?! :laughing

A perfect time to forge a new identity, having played playoff baseball two years in a row, and having one of the biggest stars in the game on the roster.

When they went to the current uniforms in 2000, I thought they were among the most boring in the game. The type face on the logo looked boring even when it was new, and the subtle nod to Miller Brewing Company made the whole look feel cheap. Plus, only Tampa and Milwaukee have primary road uniforms which state the team name instead of the city. On top of that they had the ugly gold alternate jerseys, and they inexplicably play in a Braves uniform once a year, why not wear a White Sox uniform they played in Milwaukee too for a spell. Bernie Brewer too looks like he was churned out by a cut rate graphic design firm at the 11th hour.

In an era where there is a graphic designer in every office park in America, I hope the team comes up with a crisp new look instead of a hodge podge of stuff like they wear now. Its probably too much to hope they can re-design Bernie Brewer to look either more like a historic Germanic Brewer or scrap Bernie all together and go back to the much more original Barrel Man as the mascot.

They can retire Bernie Brewer any day now. He looks like a cheap minor league mascot! :tongue

Always thought it would be cool to have cream as the color of the home jerseys, similar to what the giants are doing.

Or have navy and cream as the primary colors of the team. The bucks pull cream off nicely and I think the brewers could too.

Whatever they do with the home jerseys - these need to be the road jerseys. They are perfect. Don’t change a thing.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Whatever they do with the home jerseys - these need to be the road jerseys. They are perfect. Don’t change a thing.

I lived through that the first time. A solid uni, but dated. I'd take it, though in navy & gold instead of royal blue & yellow, please.

Archived