Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP

The Brewers are doing it exactly as expected and like every other single team does it. Going off commerative balls teams have done:

Anniversary (Brewers way):

Padres 50th

Reds 150th

D Backs 20th

Athletics 50th

Giants 60th

Marlins 25th

Rockies 25th

Dodgers 60th

Mariners 40th

Camden Yards 25th

Cubs 100th

Astros 50th

Nationals 10th

Petco Park 10th

Wrigley 100th

Camden Yards 20th

Angels 50th

Actual Year:

Royals 50th

Rays 20th (I think)

I missed a few (and eventually stopped) because the ball didn't list the years and think this will suffice. This is essentially how baseball does it.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers are doing it exactly as expected and like every other single team does it. Going off commerative balls teams have done:

Anniversary (Brewers way):

Padres 50th

Reds 150th

D Backs 20th

Athletics 50th

Giants 60th

Marlins 25th

Rockies 25th

Dodgers 60th

Mariners 40th

Camden Yards 25th

Cubs 100th

Astros 50th

Nationals 10th

Petco Park 10th

Wrigley 100th

Camden Yards 20th

Angels 50th

Actual Year:

Royals 50th

Rays 20th (I think)

I missed a few (and eventually stopped) because the ball didn't list the years and think this will suffice. This is essentially how baseball does it.

Interesting, I guess I stand corrected in regards to how most teams do this (at least in baseball). Although, when I looked at the Reds logo I only saw an Established year and not a current year. Regardless, I still prefer celebrating it in the actual year. If I didn't know anything about the Brewers and someone told me that the Brewers are celebrating 50 years in baseball (or Milwaukee) this year, I would assume that this is the 50th year (not the 51st). People don't generally celebrate their birthdays or wedding anniversaries throughout the year like organizations and companies do, so to compare it to those occasions in not correct imho.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

People don't generally celebrate their birthdays or wedding anniversaries throughout the year like organizations and companies do, so to compare it to those occasions in not correct imho.

They don't celebrate all year long in terms of cake, candles and presents every day, but if someone asks how old they are after their 50th birthday they say "50 years old" even though they are now working on completing their 51st year of life. So in that sense it is similar to what the Brewers are doing by celebrating the anniversary year.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

When they went to the current uniforms in 2000, I thought they were among the most boring in the game. The type face on the logo looked boring even when it was new, and the subtle nod to Miller Brewing Company made the whole look feel cheap.

I'm glad to see someone else write this. I have always felt the current uniforms and logo are incredibly boring and sterile. Totally a corporate design with zero life or originality.

How does one make a baseball uniform not boring? I mean there is only so much one can do. The D Backs tried it and the baseball world nearly had a mental breakdown. They do it for special days (camo/4th of July ones I tend to like) and again...everyone starts crying. Marlins did it and got dubbed the worst uniforms in baseball. People are on edge of Nike taking over thinking they are going to make us look like the Oregon Ducks.

People seem to support bland and sterile designs. Look up a ranking of MLB uniforms. It looks like a competition to see who can have the most basic and old design ever. Not saying those jerseys are bad, but any team that tries to go against a classic look gets roasted over a fire.

How does one make a baseball uniform not boring? I mean there is only so much one can do. The D Backs tried it and the baseball world nearly had a mental breakdown. They do it for special days (camo/4th of July ones I tend to like) and again...everyone starts crying. Marlins did it and got dubbed the worst uniforms in baseball. People are on edge of Nike taking over thinking they are going to make us look like the Oregon Ducks.

People seem to support bland and sterile designs. Look up a ranking of MLB uniforms. It looks like a competition to see who can have the most basic and old design ever. Not saying those jerseys are bad, but any team that tries to go against a classic look gets roasted over a fire.

How do you make any logo/brand not boring? It’s all subjective, but many feel the Miller M logo/jerseys are just plain bland, myself included. Trying to be “not boring” doesn’t mean a concept has to be groundbreaking, unique or dazzling, but some looks just end up feeling generic.

The Astros and Blue Jays had bland, uninspired jerseys in the 2000’s. Then they rebranded with a heavy nod to past, classic uniforms - and they both knocked it out of the park. Sharp, classic, non-generic, easily recognizable as a brand, great jerseys. I hope the Brewers have paid close attention to those rebrands.

I am not Shea Vucinich

How do you make any logo/brand not boring? It’s all subjective, but many feel the Miller M logo/jerseys are just plain bland, myself included. Trying to be “not boring” doesn’t mean a concept has to be groundbreaking, unique or dazzling, but some looks just end up feeling generic.

The Astros and Blue Jays had bland, uninspired jerseys in the 2000’s. Then they rebranded with a heavy nod to past, classic uniforms - and they both knocked it out of the park. Sharp, classic, non-generic, easily recognizable as a brand, great jerseys. I hope the Brewers have paid close attention to those rebrands.

This is key, in baseball it must be classic. Anything new that doesn't hint towards the past is essentially an automatic disaster. It should be as basic as possible too, that is probably where they went wrong with the current uniforms. The scripting on the front is very busy and mashed together and the sleeve patch has too much going on. The helmet/cap logo on the other hand is much simpler.

I actually liked the new D Backs uniforms (minus the road grays, they look bad on TV) and thought Miami had great jerseys. They were colorful, but the font was good and Miami is colorful...so it is fitting. I didn't like the neon bright hats though.

I like the current uniforms, but they've had a good and long 20 season run. It makes sense to change things back and go back to the classic logo, similarly to what teams like Toronto and Baltimore have done.

Amen to this concept. It has been a long time coming given the presence of the ball and glove on Spring Training merchandise, postseason paraphernalia, Kids Club, etc...

While I hope the move is to the royal and yellow like my avatar, I fully expect the move to be to navy and gold. This to me is a lost opportunity as the royal and yellow is the Brewers and the navy and gold could be worn as an alternate on Fridays, Sundays, or day games. They have a lot of good conceptual jerseys on the internet already and hope they follow the format of using a modernized version of the mid-80s away script. Really crossing my fingers on this one...

As an aside, I just convinced myself around mid-season they would not be changing away from the barley jersey anytime soon, given the revenue stream for two jersey types, and purchased three authentic jerseys (home, away and navy).

The Brewers got me :rolleyes

My preference is to see pinstripes added to the current home jerseys and the ball-and-glove logo be on every hat (both home and road). Dump the “M” hats for good.

I like the modern colors and don’t care for the retro colors at all. I also dislike the retro block letters that say BREWERS. It is so boring. I am good with the current font. It seems more stylish.

I would also like the grey road jerseys to say “Milwaukee” instead of Brewers. Finally, I would prefer a yellow bill on the road hats. The road grey jersey needs more color. They are too bland and lifeless.

I absolutely love the current navy “Milwaukee” jereys. Best Brewers uniform ever IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My preference is to see pinstripes added to the current home jerseys and the ball-and-glove logo be on every hat (both home and road). Dump the “M” hats for good.

I like the modern colors and don’t care for the retro colors at all. I also dislike the retro block letters that say BREWERS. It is so boring. I am good with the current font. It seems more stylish.

I would also like the grey road jerseys to say “Milwaukee” instead of Brewers. Finally, I would prefer a yellow bill on the road hats. The road grey jersey needs more color. They are too bland and lifeless.

I absolutely love the current navy “Milwaukee” jereys. Best Brewers uniform ever IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping the navy jerseys for the road - pairing them with navy pants and adding gold pinstripes - would be cool, I think. Something different than the bland gray.

For the home, I like the classic ball and glove logo on the caps, but I also like the cross bats logo.

The notable part is they are renovating the team store...all that stuff was going to be sold off for pennies anyway with Nike coming in.

There’s still plenty of apparel and hats in the team store that aren’t going to be Nike products after the switch over.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Other happenings in this related world of visual changes coming up:

They get scoreboard money after 2020 season and they get money for new seats after the 2021 season from the Miller Park fund.

A lot of changes on the horizon.

Community Moderator

They get scoreboard money after 2020 season and they get money for new seats after the 2021 season from the Miller Park fund.

Interesting. I would expect them to install a premium seating section in the field level. Although these always look terrible on TV because no more than half the seats are ever full.

Interesting. I would expect them to install a premium seating section in the field level. Although these always look terrible on TV because no more than half the seats are ever full.

It is interesting they don't have better seats behind homeplate, but I think they are content with that. Last I knew they kind of pride themselves for not. More affordable/family friendly. I think they did well doing price hikes for the front of the sections, that made sense. I feel it would be much too involved of a process to try and do this now. The size of premium seats would throw off the entire section. Concrete likely needing to be ripped out and redone to have correct height. As far as making them wider, no, they will not. They would lose so many seats doing that. The club level has wider seats...I don't really like that level personally, but if you want a wider seat it is always an option.

More on topic there will be a special grand reopening on the 18th at 7pm. Their reasoning for the close down is to prepare for the 50th anniversary with special merch and apparel. We will see if a special press conference eventually gets scheduled for November 18th.

I would rather have more seats behind home plate that are of the style they are now than fewer seats that happen to be more comfortable.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived