Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
  • Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new logos are growing on me... I was originally in the camp of Leave the Old ball and glove alone, but I like the new one.

I like the jerseys. I'm still in the camp of "Leave the Old ball and glove alone" the subtleties are just not enough for me to justifty the change. At some point I will buy that current hat, but I bought 3 new ball and glove logo hats at the clubhouse sale, so I'm all set for awhile, and the hats still go plenty well with my knew knock off jerseys.

Why are there three shirseys online and 2/3 aren't even colors the Brewers wear? There is a UNC powder blue and a blue that is nowhere near as dark as the U of Michigan blue they are going to wear.

I mean...at least the gray matches?

There also isn't a cream one online that I am sure exists. I was kind of interested to see what that would look like.

The new logos are growing on me... I was originally in the camp of Leave the Old ball and glove alone, but I like the new one.

Seconded.

I think the new ball and glove looks like much more of a finished design. Center placement of the ball on the glove, normal placement of the stitching on the ball and straight lines on the space of the M. It simply looks cleaner than the original ball and glove. The connection of the M and the B over the webbing is, in my opinion, the only area where one could make the case of it looking worse, as it no longer reflects a separate M and B.

Without 40 years of original ball and glove love, I don't think this is much of a debate anymore and I despised the new logo when I first saw it. I've come around.

The only new jersey I don't like is the navy blue road jersey. Unfortunately, if history is a guide that jersey will be worn way to much both at home and on the road. I much prefer white on white at home (or cream on cream as with the 70's uniform) and gray on gray on the road. I'm not a fan of the mix and match look.

The only new jersey I don't like is the navy blue road jersey. Unfortunately, if history is a guide that jersey will be worn way to much both at home and on the road. I much prefer white on white at home (or cream on cream as with the 70's uniform) and gray on gray on the road. I'm not a fan of the mix and match look.

I really like the Navy blue. Mu favorite I think. I prefer the jerseys that say milwaukee as opposed to brewers though, or I think I'd have s different opinion.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Welcome aboard!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

agreed!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 2 weeks later...

The bridge between the “m” and the “b” is the one misstep, and for me it ruins it. Obviously not a huge deal at all, but I just can’t not look at it. Just looks weird. Plus it’s not actually truly an “m” and a “b” anymore (nitpicking...I know).

Revert that connection to the old separated bridge and I think it looks great, might even prefer it to the old logo.

Problem is, then it would look too similar, and they wouldn’t be able to sell as much new stuff. Errr...I mean then we would have no way to symbolize the connection between the team and the city :ohwell

I am not Shea Vucinich

It is actually still an ‘m’ and a ‘b’. Connecting them does nothing to change that. It is just two letters connected with a line.

Did the old logo not bother you? Because the ball wasn’t actually a ball, the seam wasn’t a real looking seam. To me that would be way more bothersome that they couldn’t even make a ball look like a ball.

It is actually still an ‘m’ and a ‘b’. Connecting them does nothing to change that. It is just two letters connected with a line.

Did the old logo not bother you? Because the ball wasn’t actually a ball, the seam wasn’t a real looking seam. To me that would be way more bothersome that they couldn’t even make a ball look like a ball.

Honestly, this. Now that the ball has been pointed out, that bothers me more than any of the new stuff.

That is false, the seam on the old one was accurate depending on what angle of a real baseball you are looking at it. I have seen this said before, but that was a real seam of a real baseball.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I like the new logo. I think it's clean and professional looking and, as someone who works with graphic designers and has seen the show Mad Men, lol, I actually buy the possibility that they intentionally connected the M and B as a symbol of connecting the city to the team. It definitely doesn't bother me anyways. I could get on board with rounding off the right side of the glove though, but again, not a huge deal to me.

As for the old logo's baseball, I always thought it was cool that they used a nontraditional angle of the ball. As a kid I'd always turn the ball to try to mimic that look.

It's a specific angle and it's exaggerated and cartoony in the logo (as is the rest of the glove, being it's a logo and all), but it definitely mimics the look of a real baseball:

IATQTKX3WII6THQCDVC4WPP2R4.jpg&w=400

That is false, the seam on the old one was accurate depending on what angle of a real baseball you are looking at it. I have seen this said before, but that was a real seam of a real baseball.

Well neither is accurate if we are nitpicking...both just show solid lines...they aren’t laces. Regardless it was a somewhat dumb look, two seams is a lot more logical.

I guess the point is a lot of the logo really isn’t legit or make sense. I mean the logo shows catching the ball in the heel of the glove. The connection actually makes it look more like a glove and look like it has a pocket so to speak. The old one looks like the glove is broken.

It’s a logo, not a legal document. There will be things that don’t really make total sense or look super legit. I don’t think the letters being connected takes away from them being letters.

Honestly, this. Now that the ball has been pointed out, that bothers me more than any of the new stuff.

The odd location of the ball in the old BiG is what I see more than anything now. Combine this with the Pepsi seam and serifs on the M and the new logo is just more professional and thought out than the old BiG. The connection of the M and B is odd but makes it look more like a glove. As I have stated before, the new BiG is much better and I hated it initially. I was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I mentioned this earlier, just want to spread the wealth. There are a couple nice deals on youth jerseys out there right now.

A $25 youth small Giannis https://store.nba.com/milwaukee-bucks/youth-milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-fanatics-branded-black-fast-break-replica-player-jersey-statement-edition/t-36369694+p-3641017602334+z-9-3167446853?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r3c2:po-11

And a less good $33 youth small Yelich https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewers/youth-milwaukee-brewers-christian-yelich-white/royal-alternate-replica-player-jersey/t-14004349+p-8140893342663+z-9-2292613046?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

Appears this one is now up to $45 but was $33 as of yesterday. My 6 y/o's birthday is next week so I was really happy to snag them both.

Archived