Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
it is crazy that the brewers are still keeping their team store as the really only option to buy new logo stuff. If you change the logo, you should want people to have access to it. Really unless you live in Milwaukee you are out of luck. I would have figured after the Christmas season, the normal outlets would start selling the rebrand.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike outfits the bucks and their stuff is all over. When they changed brands, the bucks opened mini pro shops throughout the city in all of the name of the game stores. The stuff was also available at Kohls. Nike packers gear is everywhere.

I understand that part of the reason to change brands is the amount of money you make with new merchandise, but this feels like fans are just being taken advantage of.

Atleast they could put more stuff up on their online store than jerseys and a handful of tshirts and hats.

I doubt the Brewers stuff is wide-released until the season is underway. They took control over the team store last year and are banking on the new merch to bring lots of green this season. There is no way after taking ownership of the store that they're splitting the initial profit with a bunch of 3rd-party retailers. I haven't seen the new stuff at Kohl's.

I hadn't even connected the dots with the team store takeover last season until right now.

As an aside, I find it funny the cap police are at war with the jersey police ITT.

I understand it, my point is that if I'm a brewers fan living in Appleton, i'd have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to get a sweatshirt. I think the prices of the stuff in their store are reasonable and inline with what you would pay at Kohls or elsewhere anyway.

I think they banking on even people that only make it 1-2x per year using that trip to buy merch, and keeping all the profit in house.

I don't know what it is, but the stuff in their store always seems to be of much better quality than what goes to the store. The player tees and etc., I swear they aren't the same as the ones at Kohl's or Target. I wash those once and they're never the same, while the team store stuff seems to last forever.

A word about the Chinese knockoff sites. I’ve purchased in the past, the most recent was probably 7-8 years ago. About two years after I last purchased, I received a fraud alert on my credit card reference purchases to a Chinese pharmaceutical website. This was on a credit card I used for the jersey purchases and only used a few times a year, so I’m positive my info was taken from the knockoff site. I haven’t purchased from similar sites since then.

I don't think the Brewers are the ones keeping the merchandise from online retailers. I'm sure it's handled by MLB. Just a quick look at the Padres store on Fanatics and their new merchandise looks about as scarce as the Brewers.

I no longer live in Wisconsin so it's been pretty frustrating for me too. When I was back for Christmas, I went to Milwaukee for a Bucks game. Tried to hit up the Miller Park store beforehand but it was closed. I was almost as excited for that as I was the Bucks game.

I can't imagine the profit from the clubhouse store results in any measurable impact to the franchise's bottom line.

As for the Chinese knockoffs, personally, I don't care where people buy stuff from but just remember that stuff is illegally made. You're not going to get in trouble for buying it or having it but they are illegal goods since they're unlicensed. Also since it's coming from China, it's almost certainly produced under less than ethical or moral conditions.

I can't imagine the profit from the clubhouse store results in any measurable impact to the franchise's bottom line.

As for the Chinese knockoffs, personally, I don't care where people buy stuff from but just remember that stuff is illegally made. You're not going to get in trouble for buying it or having it but they are illegal goods since they're unlicensed. Also since it's coming from China, it's almost certainly produced under less than ethical or moral conditions.

While I don’t disagree with you, most of the products we use in our daily lives are produced under less than ethical conditions from our clothes, phone tablets, household goods etc you can buy just as much of that stuff from Walmart, Nike, Apple etc as you can from a Chinese knock off stores. If something is made from that part the world it’s an unfortunate reality

Yah...they are most certainly not limiting it to their team store intentionally.

On another note when some teams start going to matte finish I heard it was pretty definitive no as whether the Brewers would ever make such a change. That being said with the uniform change it is possible. Only because it would seem kind of weird to have the helmet be essentially the same while every thing else is dramatically different.

I understand it, my point is that if I'm a brewers fan living in Appleton, i'd have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to get a sweatshirt. I think the prices of the stuff in their store are reasonable and inline with what you would pay at Kohls or elsewhere anyway.

I live in PA, and have no intention of going to Milwaukee this year. I find it baffling that even the online store has a limited selection of new logo merchandise. I gave China $20 because of it just in spite

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I still don’t know why were rebranding logos and crap. Maybe if more time was put into equity in the same logo and not selling outrageously high priced sweat shop labor jerseys....but that’s just me.

I still have the same jersey as 10 years ago...stumbled across a black with yellow letters Braun in a foot locker for like a hundred bucks. Never seen another like it, can’t even find a picture online, and have no intention of ever buying another again. Maybe the brewers should rebrand again to black next time? :rolleyes

I still have the same jersey as 10 years ago...stumbled across a black with yellow letters Braun in a foot locker for like a hundred bucks. Never seen another like it, can’t even find a picture online, and have no intention of ever buying another again.

You are almost certainly the exception, rather than the rule, though.

Nike line has been released....including the cheap replica jerseys online.

Probably a sign things will show up in normal stores soon.

Where did you see that online? Link? Not questioning you, just curious to have a look.

Powder blue and yellow is one of the most barf worthy combos there has ever been. Powder blue looks fine with blue or white lettering (still not a good look), but any other color is just weird. The KC ones are probably best and I think they use a more neutral blue than the old days.

To me the Brewers had by far the worst powder blue ever, that I can think of. Unfortunately those yellow hats are somehow making a return.

Archived