Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
  • Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let’s assume that they are definitely switching to the Ball and Glove logo for their primary uniforms. Which of the following color schemes would you most prefer (the third one is a concept someone did with the current color scheme)?

48933337232_0057751bbd_q.jpg

48933337202_03f25cfce0_q.jpg

48932611118_9287de2520_q.jpg

The 3rd one looks like it was out in the sun too long and faded. Gimme #1

I am a little curious if the team will try to unveil the new primary uniforms in the near future or wait until an event such as Brewers On Deck (or possibly even later). The advantage to unveiling it in the near future would obviously be an opportunity to maximize merchandise (jersey) sales during the holiday season.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

As you would expect it won't be until after the World Series, but I would expect something by mid November. I think in the past many teams will do a soft-launch showing a new logo plus color scheme and then announce a date to unveil new uniforms. Though I am not convinced there will be new uniforms until they say it.

The D Backs did it the way I described above...early November logo/color scheme, uniforms at start of December. They are really the only team to rebrand recently in such a manner as we would. Really hasn't been much full rebrands in baseball, usually just minor tweaks.

I'd like to see a gold uniform with blue pinstripes as at least an alternative.

BiG for the cap, but the crossed bats logo for the jersey (I'll say it, I liked the crossed bats logo). The M with the barley on the sleeves.

Wow, so you just don't want to commit to any logo then? lol

I'd like to see fewer logos, and just roll with one.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

How long ago did the Marlins do it? Seems pretty recent.

When they opened their new stadium...they unveiled in mid-November 2011. However, I am sure they announced new uniforms and logo long before then. When they tweaked things for this year they also unveiled mid-November, but it wasn't a big miraculous change.

I'm a bit confused about celebrating the 50th anniversary next year. Their first year in Milwaukee was 1970, so 2019 would have been the 50th year. What am I missing here?

Also, yes, the 1990's logo was horrible. That's pretty much the only logo that I would never wear again.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm a bit confused about celebrating the 50th anniversary next year. Their first year in Milwaukee was 1970, so 2019 would have been the 50th year. What am I missing here?

Also, yes, the 1990's logo was horrible. That's pretty much the only logo that I would never wear again.

It is like your birthday. You celebrate being 50 when your 50th year alive is complete...not when it started. They aren't 50 years old until the 2020 season starts...then you celebrate 50 years. 2010 they celebrated 40.

A perfect time to forge a new identity, having played playoff baseball two years in a row, and having one of the biggest stars in the game on the roster.

When they went to the current uniforms in 2000, I thought they were among the most boring in the game. The type face on the logo looked boring even when it was new, and the subtle nod to Miller Brewing Company made the whole look feel cheap. Plus, only Tampa and Milwaukee have primary road uniforms which state the team name instead of the city. On top of that they had the ugly gold alternate jerseys, and they inexplicably play in a Braves uniform once a year, why not wear a White Sox uniform they played in Milwaukee too for a spell. Bernie Brewer too looks like he was churned out by a cut rate graphic design firm at the 11th hour.

In an era where there is a graphic designer in every office park in America, I hope the team comes up with a crisp new look instead of a hodge podge of stuff like they wear now. Its probably too much to hope they can re-design Bernie Brewer to look either more like a historic Germanic Brewer or scrap Bernie all together and go back to the much more original Barrel Man as the mascot.

IMO opinion, this makes more sense in 2021. They will have to completely change the signage in Miller Park, why do it 2 years in a row? With miller leaving as the name sponsor, no longer a need to have Miller Script for the teams logo.

personally, i hope for just an updated version of the 1992 uniforms, similar to what Toronto did.

I agree JoPal, the brewers tried to create a classic look, which they aren't bad uniforms, they aren't that exciting either.

A perfect time to forge a new identity, having played playoff baseball two years in a row, and having one of the biggest stars in the game on the roster.

When they went to the current uniforms in 2000, I thought they were among the most boring in the game. The type face on the logo looked boring even when it was new, and the subtle nod to Miller Brewing Company made the whole look feel cheap. Plus, only Tampa and Milwaukee have primary road uniforms which state the team name instead of the city. On top of that they had the ugly gold alternate jerseys, and they inexplicably play in a Braves uniform once a year, why not wear a White Sox uniform they played in Milwaukee too for a spell. Bernie Brewer too looks like he was churned out by a cut rate graphic design firm at the 11th hour.

In an era where there is a graphic designer in every office park in America, I hope the team comes up with a crisp new look instead of a hodge podge of stuff like they wear now. Its probably too much to hope they can re-design Bernie Brewer to look either more like a historic Germanic Brewer or scrap Bernie all together and go back to the much more original Barrel Man as the mascot.

I’m on board with this even though I highly doubt they would even consider doing that. I wish they would just go back to the Barrel Man instead of Bernie Brewer. It’s much more of an iconic look and has some flair instead of just a man with a mustache. The Barrel Man should definitely make a comeback as the official mascot.

It is like your birthday. You celebrate being 50 when your 50th year alive is complete...not when it started. They aren't 50 years old until the 2020 season starts...then you celebrate 50 years. 2010 they celebrated 40.

For what it’s worth, they celebrated 20 years in 1989 and 25 years in 1994. The team has been very inconsistent on this issue in the past.

For what it’s worth, they celebrated 20 years in 1989 and 25 years in 1994. The team has been very inconsistent on this issue in the past.

Yeah, I just feel like most companies, sports teams, leagues, organizations, etc celebrate their anniversary year, not the actual date. Once that date is over, you are into a different anniversary year. Would have been more appropriate to have a patch or something on their uniform this year celebrating 50 seasons in Milwaukee. For example, the NFL is making a bid deal out of their their 100th anniversary this year. According to Wikipedia, it was founded on August 20th, 1920 (so this is the 100th year).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Sports teams don't always abide by this. In 1993, the Packers wore this patch:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/171/full/558.gif

They celebrated the 1993 season as their 75th season, during the 75th season.

There's a difference between celebrating a completed 50th year, vs celebrating the 50th year while it's ongoing. And it looks like it's not applied consistently for some reason.

Gruber Lawffices

Some organizations celebrate “years” and some celebrate an “anniversary.” As others have pointed out they are different things, and this was indeed the Brewers’ 50th season of baseball in Milwaukee (not counting the 1969 season in Seattle). The easiest way to think of it is your 1st anniversary would be the start of the second season, so a 50th anniversary is the start of the 51st season.

I actually asked Adam McCalvy before the season if he knew which one the Brewers would celebrate and he confirmed they were going to celebrate the 50th anniversary in 2020.

In 1994 the Brewers mistakenly celebrated their “25th Anniversary” which was inaccurate wording, it was their 25th season (unless they were counting the 1969 season as the Pilots, but since they listed 1970 in the logo I assume they weren’t). I think they just made a mistake, and I think it’s typical that people misunderstand the difference between seasons and anniversaries.

In 1994 the Brewers mistakenly celebrated their “25th Anniversary” which was inaccurate wording, it was their 25th season (unless they were counting the 1969 season as the Pilots, but since they listed 1970 in the logo I assume they weren’t). I think they just made a mistake, and I think it’s typical that people misunderstand the difference between seasons and anniversaries.

I don't think people are misunderstanding. People understand the difference. It just seems like the majority of the time, as has been pointed out, organizations (businesses, athletic teams, leagues, etc) celebrate the actual anniversary year of existence and not just the single date. Makes more sense as they can promote it all year long. Again, the NFL is doing a lot of promoting for their 100th year or existence this year. The actual anniversary date is August of next year.

I don't think people are misunderstanding. People understand the difference. It just seems like the majority of the time, as has been pointed out, organizations (businesses, athletic teams, leagues, etc) celebrate the actual anniversary year of existence and not just the single date. Makes more sense as they can promote it all year long. Again, the NFL is doing a lot of promoting for their 100th year or existence this year. The actual anniversary date is August of next year.

I wasn’t suggesting people here were misunderstanding, but sometimes the idea of celebrating seasons and anniversaries are used interchangeably and in those cases it is likely due to a misunderstanding. In the case of the Brewers their 25th anniversary season (not counting the year in Seattle) should have been 1995, not 1994. I’m of the opinion they just made a mistake in their wording at the time, one I assume they would admit to since they are now celebrating their 50th anniversary during the 2020 season. The Brewers aren’t the only organization that has made this mistake in the past.

Here is their logo from that season...

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/53/1477/full/fi5yye3vgeh3dyfr6yvfy5fe9.png

Also, I am not certain what you mean by a single date, but technically the “anniversary year” can be the entire season since all season long can be considered an anniversary of first of something (i.e. anniversary of random things such as first opening day, first road game, first MLB draft, first All-Star break, first September baseball, etc.).

I do agree with you that I prefer celebrating the idea of it being the milestone season similar to what the NFL is doing (100 seasons of existence), but that is actually less common among teams as compared to those that celebrate their anniversary year instead. I guess if you compare it to how we celebrate birthdays, then the anniversary year does make some sense.

Archived