Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP

This entire rebrand, in my opinion, was done so incredibly well. 50th year of baseball and so they have incorporated nearly every logo from the team's past into this season's get up. The patches are all so clever. My only wish is the update to the barrelman could have been a touch more daring ... but the barley ball is awesome and a nice tip of the cap to the logo we adopted in the 90's. The Wisconsin logo with the cream city reference AS WELL as having a place for the "M" from our prior logo (so it wasn't completely deleted) all the while shouting out this alt logo we had back in the 70's...

Just so well done. I hope the Brewers compete at a high level this year ... because the ceremonies I'm sure that are being planned are going to inject a lot of life into the city and fans and if we can couple that with on field talent... this might be the year guys.

EJv60LyXYAAOOQO?format=jpg&name=small

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where and when will this stuff be available to purchase? I am not one to buy or wear jerseys, but my kids do enjoy the jersey-shirt and I would like something with the cream/new font/logo on it as a shirt or something.

there are some jerseys and tshirts on brewers.com. the team store is open and fully stocked. Not sure when things will make it to Kohls and other places, but I bet something will be there before next Friday.

I guess I'm just jaded then.

I think the logos are fine and people seem to like them. I like the barley ball and the home cream jersey.

But the special-meaning-behind-the-change gobbledygook is insulting. They liked a 3 panel ball instead of the pepsi ball. That's fine, but don't sell it to me as having some deep emotional meaning. They made that up. Nobody sees a three panel ball and thinks "they love me more".

A meaningful change that the Brewers might make to signify their special bond with the fans would be to splurge on a starting pitcher or two. Or some way of getting people through security lines faster. Not a drawing of a baseball on a sweatshirt they want to sell me.

Oh, don’t get me wrong- the ‘bond between the city and the team’ thing is absolutely crap. But I don’t think the tweaks were made to cause obsolete items. If you asked the designer honestly, he’d just say it was because he thought it looked better.

I guess I'm just jaded then.

I think the logos are fine and people seem to like them. I like the barley ball and the home cream jersey.

But the special-meaning-behind-the-change gobbledygook is insulting. They liked a 3 panel ball instead of the pepsi ball. That's fine, but don't sell it to me as having some deep emotional meaning. They made that up. Nobody sees a three panel ball and thinks "they love me more".

A meaningful change that the Brewers might make to signify their special bond with the fans would be to splurge on a starting pitcher or two. Or some way of getting people through security lines faster. Not a drawing of a baseball on a sweatshirt they want to sell me.

Oh, don’t get me wrong- the ‘bond between the city and the team’ thing is absolutely crap. But I don’t think the tweaks were made to cause obsolete items. If you asked the designer honestly, he’d just say it was because he thought it looked better.

Yes. We agree.

It was time for a logo reset, with Majestic out and NIKE in, with Miller out and AmFam in. With the 50 year celebration...All valid reasons to change the look of the team and to update the merchandise.

But using that unveiling to pretend that they designed it to communicate affection is patronizing. Instead, they could have said, "It's cool new gear and we hope you like it and hope that we're wearing it as World Series Champions".

The rest is just sales pitch noise.

I didn't know that was in question, and modeling a jersey is hardly job security. I remember when the bucks traded Andrew Bogut a month before his bobblehead game, when they had 15,000 of them sitting in the BC.

It is certainly in question among a number of fans here. Heck, the Rumors forum is littered with ideas of guys who could be Arcia's replacement, and many posters indicate that non-tendered him, trading him or at the very least making him a backup is a foregone conclusion.

Yes, I realize that Orlando modeling the new uniform is certainly not confirmation that he'll be back. But when you take that, along with the new assistant hitting coach's comments last week saying that he's looking forward to working with Arcia to unlock his potential, connecting the dots tends to get a little easier.

Brewers ditched the BiG logo and Attanasio comes to the recue to bring it back. First with it as an alternate, then the navy look, and now this. The fan base has been pleading to have it for decades. Yet some people just want to poo on the Brewers that it is all just about money. The Brewers could have gone to a completely new look with zero relation to the BiG and they would make a boatload of money regardless. As long as it wasn't atrocious any new look would sell. Instead they put a lot of thought into their retro update.

Hope people realize a different ownership group could have thrown the BiG in the trash and never looked back. Made it their own logo/idea similar to the 2000 update once again. Fans should be constructing Attanasio a statue in front of the ballpark and regarding to him as a legend.

Having a massive increase in merchandise sales from this rebranding could definitely bring in some extra cash to be put toward the payroll. So in a way, it could help with upping the payroll and having the space to bring in an extra piece or two if not for the rebrand.

Having a massive increase in merchandise sales from this rebranding could definitely bring in some extra cash to be put toward the payroll. So in a way, it could help with upping the payroll and having the space to bring in an extra piece or two if not for the rebrand.

I have no idea how much they make in merchandise, but surely there is a buzz around the new looks. If that's Gerrit Cole money or Minimum Salary Guy money, I don't know. It would take a lot of merch sales to pay for a $300+ million pitcher.

I don't get why people care about a certain generation of a team having its own "identity" with a uniform. I just want a nice looking uniform and logo.

I do think it's cool that the uniforms hearken back to the past, but that's partially because the things they hearken back to looked good and now look good with some modern tweaks. I wouldn't want the Motre Bame green/blue uniforms and logo to come back if the team happened to be good back then. And I don't care that the recent uniforms are gone just because the team has been good.

I just want good looking uniforms and the BiG logo. We got them.

In all honesty I am really glad they tweaked these logos whether they look better or not. They don’t need to rehash an old logo with new colors. Give the time period it’s own identity...let the 80s be the 80s. Though much like the “official” logo I don’t exactly understand where the barrelman comes into play. He isn’t on a single jersey or hat. Again...a bit weird. They could have released him in 3-5 years on an actual retro alternate type deal. Updating him just for merchandise seems unneeded.

Maybe just me, but that navy looks like a college uni. Not bad, just seems college-like. As one may know I pooped on the gray unis of old, but I like these. The coloring on the jersey (namely the yellow) makes it pop and not be so bland.

How I would rank them:

1) Pinstripe

2) Gray

3) Navy

4) Cream

I'm with you in not being a big fan of cream colored uniforms and i have long liked the pinstriped ones. In general i like the new grey road uniforms except that they seem to look quite a bit like the in division Pirates road ones.

Overall though, the new uniforms are upgrade.

Surprised with some being annoyed or upset with the Brewers marketing the rebrand as building it around the city and fans. It’s a highly successful marketing strategy. Goes right with all their themes for their commercials. It is really the exact same things the Bucks did when they had an amazing role out. They made it all about the city, tradition, spirit of Milwaukee. Was not shocking at all to see Brewers do the same thing. From a marketing standpoint, I feel Wisconsin sport fans tend to have a strong affiliation and like to identify with our teams. Nothing wrong with that or marketing around it. Milwaukee Bucks really emphasized since Pete Fegen came in that it’s not about just improving the Bucks but rebuilding the city and bring back that city pride. Brewers followed suit. Kind of like a Make Milwaukee Great Again campaign. I use to write commercials and market coming out of college and the strongest and deepest response comes from finding away to create an emotional response and connection to your target market. Brewers do awesome with that! After I watch & listen to CC for 2 minutes on all those commercials I feel more Wisconsin & Brewer Pride. I’m a sucker for that stuff though. Not all are.

Bringing the trendy “Cream City” theme into the mix was great idea. Mixing the old yellow with the newer navy is unique color scheme that is not often see in the pro sports world. The Ball in Glove is the logo imo the majority (at least 51%) of fans identify more with. The fonts look great. I won’t be buying a jersey for 350-450 anytime soon but I def will buy some reasonably priced apparel! I love what they did!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Crazy that they got rid of the bat in the logo by what, filling it in? There is an m, b, ball, glove, AND bat in the original. Now the bat is gone for what purpose?

Bat? What bat?

Now that you say that, and I studied it, I see what you mean, but I don't think that was ever meant to be a bat...

Disagree.... ball, bat, glove, m, and b.... the bat has to be there for a reason. Too coincidental, especially with a ball and glove there already.

I'm on the "that ain't a bat" side here. The glove and ball are quasi-proportionate to eachother, it would seem really odd to then squeeze a super tiny, pointy, knob-less bat into the webbing of the glove just to do it. It seems like a stretch to me to say that's anything other than just the webbing of the glove. It's an interesting interpretation though!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Not a bat

Ua2FG43.png

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Surprised with some being annoyed or upset with the Brewers marketing the rebrand as building it around the city and fans. It’s a highly successful marketing strategy. Goes right with all their themes for their commercials. It is really the exact same things the Bucks did when they had an amazing role out. They made it all about the city, tradition, spirit of Milwaukee. Was not shocking at all to see Brewers do the same thing. From a marketing standpoint, I feel Wisconsin sport fans tend to have a strong affiliation and like to identify with our teams. Nothing wrong with that or marketing around it. Milwaukee Bucks really emphasized since Pete Fegen came in that it’s not about just improving the Bucks but rebuilding the city and bring back that city pride. Brewers followed suit. Kind of like a Make Milwaukee Great Again campaign. I use to write commercials and market coming out of college and the strongest and deepest response comes from finding away to create an emotional response and connection to your target market. Brewers do awesome with that! After I watch & listen to CC for 2 minutes on all those commercials I feel more Wisconsin & Brewer Pride. I’m a sucker for that stuff though. Not all are.

Bringing the trendy “Cream City” theme into the mix was great idea. Mixing the old yellow with the newer navy is unique color scheme that is not often see in the pro sports world. The Ball in Glove is the logo imo the majority (at least 51%) of fans identify more with. The fonts look great. I won’t be buying a jersey for 350-450 anytime soon but I def will buy some reasonably priced apparel! I love what they did!

I'm not opposed to them trying to further connect their franchise to the fanbase. I just think they were finding that connection in places where there was none.

Specifically...The change to the ball in the new BiG logo is being sold as a three panel ball that represents the fans, the city and the state. It's just a more realistic baseball. I could draw a stick figure and say it represented my hunger for a grilled cheese sandwich, but nobody would think that by looking at it. Same as the three panel ball. It doesn't represent something if only they say it does.

Same with the M and B being connected in that logo at the top of the glove webbing. That line that now connects the two letters is supposed to represent a connection between the fans and the team. It's just a glove design that they liked better than the original. Again, nobody sees that glove webbing and reaches the conclusion that the Brewers are trying to make. It's like if a stoner were studying the back of his hand and thought he found the meaning of life.

That's the cheeseball stuff that is eyerolling. The jerseys and logos are fine. Probably something for everybody.

I wonder If they investigated using the arm patch with the ball and sprigs of barley as the seams as the ball in the BiG. Perhaps too much of a departure from the original BiG for most fans to handle but worth asking.

For the record, I was on board with questioning the decision to update the BiG but I love what’s has come with all of the logos and uniforms. My only small gripe would be to have put the Barrelman as the arm patch on the cream and pinstripe instead of the barley ball.

Archived