Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP

I think they knocked it out of the park! Love the jerseys and all the different logos they will be incorporating on the jerseys. The two home jerseys are both very nicely done. The blue road jersey pops and looks great. Not a fan of grey jerseys at all, but this one turned out about as nicely as it could.

The barley baseball is really cool in my opinion. Definitely my favorite logo of the bunch. I also like the Wisconsin outline logo, but would like it a lot more if it didn’t have the baseball in the lower corner. It looks out of place and throws the rest of the logo off. All in all though, it’s a job well done!

They get an A+ from me on this! I didn’t like them altering the ball in glove logo, but I can look past it now with how amazing the jerseys are!

On a side note, was anyone else sitting and waiting for the Brewers to announce the signing of somebody like Moustakas while unveiling the uniforms or was that just me?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Powder blues and the 90s era both entirely missing. That is an instant win in my book!

Still wonder if the royal pinstripe jersey will live on in some capacity, as far as on the field goes. Maybe it takes a few years break to get people to buy the new ones. I still think the royal uniform is amazing and it is the uniform so many fondly remember. I bet people would still gobble it up.

Hoping for a navy shirt with the wheatball logo

I think all the new unis look good. I like them. Then again, I have never been one to get hung up on, or even notice different fonts, slightly different shades of colors, lines in logos that are a little less curved than in the previous one, etc. It's not like they went with a completely new logo that looks nothing like anything they have ever used before or changed their colors to something completely different like orange and gray. Not sure how anyone can be too upset about any of the slight changes, unless you didn't like the previous logo's/colors either.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Once the game starts I likely won't care but I am probably more in the camp of why honor the past with these 70's, 80's and I guess 90's with the gray when the past has historically been bad. Somewhere in here or elsewhere it was mentioned Stearns didn't change the uniforms in 2015 because he didn't want the make the change when the team was expected to be bad but that was probably the time to do it. Now they have had years of success and dump the uniforms when they have actually been winning. Would have been fine with just changing the hat but even the hat has grown on me.

Paul Lukas of UniWatch provides an in-depth look at the Brewers new logos and uniforms, BiG News: Brewers Unveil New Uni Set

Here is Adam McCalvy’s story, Ball-in-glove is back: Brewers unveil new unis

And finally, here is the website link for the designer, Rare Design, if you are curious about which other professional teams they have worked with. This is their first work done on MLB logos/uniforms.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Can someone explain the Wisconsin shaped one with the bricks in the middle? I feel like I am missing something. Are the bricks supposed to be cheese?

That is the one logo that I think is questionable, it just looks awkward.

Like the jerseys, but not the blue one.

I'd rather they kept the original BiG logo and changed the colors, but like others have said, I'll get used to it.

The MB in the new logo change is so subtle I didn't even notice it at first. I don't mind any of the jerseys. I do agree the pinstripes are the best. The yellow brick Wisconsin patch is weird. I have seen the away cap with the yellow front and I'm not a fan of that.

Slightly strange that they have Bernie wearing a jersey they did not unveil tonight (a mashup of the home script on the road alternate uni).

EJstil4W4AIjzfv?format=jpg&name=small

How many here like Bernie? To me he looks like a minor league's team mascot. I have never been a fan. :tongue

Bernie is a fun part of the Miller Park experience, especially for kids and casual fans.

Bernie is, somewhat, a representative of the Brewers’ small city reality. He is also a representative of the irreverence that is part of Wisconsin culture.

There have been many times that I’ve thought that the Brewers ownership is more concerned with the Miller Park experience than with winning a World Series. In the last few weeks, I’ve wondered a lot about what it must be like to root for a team where you know there’s a very good chance that they are going to sign somebody like Cole or Strasburg or Rendon, where you know that high dollars will be spent on improving the roster, where there is a tradition of winning World Championships.

Such is the reality of being a Brewers fan. That reality doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of Miller Park or Bernie Brewer. And it’ll make it all that much sweeter if the Brewers ever do win it all.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I am really digging the home cream unis. Love those. The pinstriped version is really good too.

The road grays are kinda meh, they're ok I don't hate them. I like that the city name is being used.

I'm conflicted on the road navy jersey. By itself I like it, but when paired with the gray pants it isn't working as well for me. I don't hate it but it's a little jarring. It would be interesting to see it paired with cream or white pants instead (probably white would be better).

The fonts are all good for me too, really liking the style.

The secondary logos are fine, no problem with any of them. They're secondary logos for a reason, they're not really a focal point.

Finally, the BiG logo. I was conflicted on the changes but I think I'm over whatever criticisms I had. Mostly didn't like the connected bridge for the M and B. The circle version of the logo looks a little off to me, mostly because I think it gives an impression of some of the elements being off center, but viewed by itself the BiG looks good. Not sure about using the gold background on the road caps but I don't hate it either.

Overall I'm all for the changes and new fresh look. Those cream uniforms alone make it worthwhile to me.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Love it. Braun looks like he's ready for another decade of Brewers baseball!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Crazy that they got rid of the bat in the logo by what, filling it in? There is an m, b, ball, glove, AND bat in the original. Now the bat is gone for what purpose?

Bat? What bat?

Now that you say that, and I studied it, I see what you mean, but I don't think that was ever meant to be a bat...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Love it. Braun looks like he's ready for another decade of Brewers baseball!

try one more season and his option is not picked up.

:laughing You want to kick someones dog while you're at it too?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Agreed. They said they connected the M and B at the top to show the unbreakable bond between the city and the team.

Sure.

They took the beloved Ball in Glove logo and changed it to signify their devotion and love for us. Because nothing says "I Love You" like a little blob of ink that makes all of the other apparel you've bought over the years obsolete.

They did this to sell more stuff. That's a perfectly valid reason.

Agreed. They said they connected the M and B at the top to show the unbreakable bond between the city and the team.

Sure.

They took the beloved Ball in Glove logo and changed it to signify their devotion and love for us. Because nothing says "I Love You" like a little blob of ink that makes all of the other apparel you've bought over the years obsolete.

They did this to sell more stuff. That's a perfectly valid reason.

That's pretty jaded, Jim. Do you really think that people will say "Darn, my hat is missing the new blob of ink connecting the m and the b... I need to go buy a new one as a result?' I don't.

I guess I'm just jaded then.

I think the logos are fine and people seem to like them. I like the barley ball and the home cream jersey.

But the special-meaning-behind-the-change gobbledygook is insulting. They liked a 3 panel ball instead of the pepsi ball. That's fine, but don't sell it to me as having some deep emotional meaning. They made that up. Nobody sees a three panel ball and thinks "they love me more".

A meaningful change that the Brewers might make to signify their special bond with the fans would be to splurge on a starting pitcher or two. Or some way of getting people through security lines faster. Not a drawing of a baseball on a sweatshirt they want to sell me.

Archived