Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
Can someone explain the Wisconsin shaped one with the bricks in the middle? I feel like I am missing something. Are the bricks supposed to be cheese?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_City_brick

Thanks.

Meh, now I like it even less. I hope that logo disappears over the years. Just not very interesting.

You hate it more because it honors part of the cities history? Seems like an odd reaction. But can’t tell you how to feel

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up close I don't like the ball/glove logo changes (outside of the "anatomically correct" seams), but on a cap as part of the uniform, the changes aren't terribly noticeable. Still wish they'd left it as-was, but it's alright.

The uniforms mostly were more decent than I'd expected. I like the home cream, and for once the road gray is reasonably interesting. The pinstripe one is pretty good, too. All in all, pretty classy.

The navy alternates have been by far my favorite in any uniform set since navy first became a team color in Jan. '94. . . . These new ones? Ugh. I think they're terrible. The "industrial cursive" script is awful and the yellow piping makes it all the worse. The return to the yellow front panel on the cap should've stayed in the past, too.

I'd prefer Nike's swoosh be on the sleeve like all previous uniform manufacturer's name or logo has been, but it's not a complete abomination to me.

I mourn the loss of (most of) what was just retired, but at least most of the uniform kit is pretty good. Ugh, those navy jerseys...

Brewers really mimicked what the bucks did. Simple block lettering. Bucks have a ball logo and a state one. Incorporated cream. I think they saw the bucks success and followed it.

Interesting take. Brewers have had a ball logo and a state logo as part of the mix for a heck of a long time.

To me it looks like they largely just Brewers-ized the template for the Astros' redesign of a few years ago.

The navy alternates have been by far my favorite in any uniform set since navy first became a team color in Jan. '94. . . . These new ones? Ugh. I think they're terrible. The "industrial cursive" script is awful and the yellow piping makes it all the worse.

I saw someone compare them to these and it made me chuckle...

m_5c3b6b42df03071953f790e7.jpeg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

^^ Turn that "Brewers" white and outline it in the new yellow, plus ditch the buttons/collar piping and you might be onto something. At least Bernie has decent enough taste not to wear that horrible "Milwaukee" quasi-cursive font.

They also had a locker picture where both away unis had the yellow hat. However, Hiura wore the normal hat with his away uni.

So can they wear the yellow hat with either away jersey? Can they wear the navy hat with either away jersey? Simple mistake?

The barley ball and state outline logos are pretty hideous. I agree the pinstripe jersey is the best one, but I’m just not a fan overall.

Cheerio pisser

When I read this the voice in my head was a strong English accent, and it took about 2 minutes for it to actually click. Cereal not foreign....

Don’t mean to be the Debbie Downer, but I can’t make myself like them. I wanted ball and glove back, but this just feels too retro, if that’s a thing. Maybe they’ll grow on me, if not I’ll promise to only complain about it in every other IGT next year... ;)

Anybody else feel like the bridge that connects the M and B hides that they are letters a little more? Makes it more of a secret again.

I also feel like you notice the changes more when focusing on a zoomed in logo on your computer or phone.. on the hats and uniforms from farther away you can barely notice.

The barley ball and state outline logos are pretty hideous. I agree the pinstripe jersey is the best one, but I’m just not a fan overall.

Cheerio pisser

When I read this the voice in my head was a strong English accent, and it took about 2 minutes for it to actually click. Cereal not foreign....

Don’t mean to be the Debbie Downer, but I can’t make myself like them. I wanted ball and glove back, but this just feels too retro, if that’s a thing. Maybe they’ll grow on me, if not I’ll promise to only complain about it in every other IGT next year... ;)

I never would have caught on that he really meant the cereal Cheerios. I totally took it as the British greeting.

Anybody else feel like the bridge that connects the M and B hides that they are letters a little more? Makes it more of a secret again.

I also feel like you notice the changes more when focusing on a zoomed in logo on your computer or phone.. on the hats and uniforms from farther away you can barely notice.

Yes and yes

I'm good with the new ball and glove logo in the navy and gold colors. I really like the pinstripes. Neither of the road uniforms really grab me, bu maybe they'll look better on TV. Not at all a fan of the cream. I don't like the color and every time the Brewers play at SF, I think the color balance is off on my TV. Now I'll get it most home games.

I absolutely love the new logo, and I am both thrilled and relieved they didn’t bring back the 1980’s colors.

The new darker navy and heavier gold add a much-needed vibrant effect. I am now okay with the changes to the ball-and-glove too. It looks a little more current and meaner. I am already used to it.

Having said that. I am not happy about the uniforms. Block fonts are boring. I am okay with the colors, but the font is lifeless and dated. I will admit these jerseys do look better in person at the store than they do in social media posts, but these are still not what I wanted. I actually prefer the 2000’s font much more.

Overall, I am still sick of the 1970’s and 1980’s look (other than the ball-and-glove logo)

The new road grey jerseys look too close to what the Pirates have. The new yellow cap is dated and hideous. I would prefer just a yellow bill on the hat instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's something about flattening the right side of the logo that's bothering me. I think maybe it ruins some of the symmetry or something? It looks a little left-lopsided maybe.

Again, I'm sure I'll get used to it and most people probably won't even notice.

Community Moderator

Overall it looks better than expected. Love the new colors. Love that they found a way to keep the barley in a new and creative way.

However, some aspects of the redesign feel borrowed from other teams that have updated recently. And maybe it’s good to have a bit of continuity with the Bucks?

The logos feel like they will stick around but I expect they will add more uniform combos next year.

Archived