Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
Is it just me or is it weird that they're using the navy/gold colors and M barley logo in the announcement?

Well, if you were going to announce a new brand/logo, would you use that logo on the hype announcement? Would kinda defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

Right, but I wouldn't use the old one either. Doesn't exactly convey that a new logo/brand is being unveiled.

I guess my point is that if there weren't any leaks, would any of us expect a rebrand announcement tonight? Seems odd how little they've done to hype the announcement.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or is it weird that they're using the navy/gold colors and M barley logo in the announcement?

Well, if you were going to announce a new brand/logo, would you use that logo on the hype announcement? Would kinda defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

Right, but I wouldn't use the old one either. Doesn't exactly convey that a new logo/brand is being unveiled.

I guess my point is that if there weren't any leaks, would any of us expect a rebrand announcement tonight? Seems odd how little they've done to hype the announcement.

Pretty sure that is what they are going for. They want it to come as a surprise and shock to the casual fans - hence continuing to use the "current" logo to throw people off the scent. It is no coincidence that this is happening roughly a week and a half from Black Friday, and two weeks from Cyber Monday as well. It's all about maximizing the almighty buck.

Or perhaps the livestream is simply to announce that Jordan Lyles has been resigned ;)

The oddest thing they did was do the navy/yellow BiG casually in the first place. They should have never done that soft change to the BiG the last few years. They should have just punched us right in the face with it as a massive shock like nothing we had seen before.

Instead we just casually changed to it over the last few years. I guess it was probably better for sales...but lame for the end goal.

[quote name="twofistedslopper"

I guess my point is that if there weren't any leaks' date=' would any of us expect a rebrand announcement tonight? Seems odd how little they've done to hype the announcement.[/quote]

Yeah if it wasn't for the leaks it would probably be assumed it just announcing the new name of the stadium or maybe just unveiling a 50th anniversary patch. I made the the assumption that the re-branding would happen in 2021 to coincide with the park name change.

If I were to guess the Brewers new uniform set (assuming one is dropping tonight), I am assuming it will look very 80s-like. By this I mean updating/modernizing the Brewers look from that time period, similar to what the Blue Jays did. I anticipate this:

*Home Pinstripe (modified version of the retro Friday look)

*Away Gray (modified Milwaukee script similar to the beloved 80s away uniform)

*Home Cream alternate (replaces the retro Friday uniform)

*Away Powder Blue alternate with Royal BiG cap (same script as regular Away, just in powder blue)

I think the Retro Friday (royal and yellow) goes away for the most part given how similar it will look to the current "new" pinstripe. I also don't foresee a navy alternate as I think the cream will replace it at home and the powder blue will replace it on the road.

Let's cross our fingers they knock it out of the park, create a timeless look and this becomes the last uniform change for the next few generations.

I don’t think that was a hint at powder blues and I sure hope not. Powder blues are absolutely hideous and especially so considering it just is so outdated.

If they went full powder blue yes, but if they did something like the royals, I think it would look nice

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/royals-2012.jpg

I LOVE different. Every team pretty much sticks to the same color template. A large majority of teams have blue as their primary color, just like the brewers. Anything to stand out from the crowd gets a thumbs up in my book. Thats why i was a fan of the gold uniforms.

I am waiting cash in hand to give them all my money

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

All this hype is only going to lead to disappointment. Which is funny, because the team has really done zero hype.

Right? That's why I said a few posts back that "assuming one (new uniform set) is dropping tonight."

Seems so odd that there was no hype leading up to this event whatsoever, especially after this website got wind of the new logo, and McCalvy's article from about a month ago. I would have thought we would have seen some sort of lead-up.

I don’t think that was a hint at powder blues and I sure hope not. Powder blues are absolutely hideous and especially so considering it just is so outdated.

If they went full powder blue yes, but if they did something like the royals, I think it would look nice

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/royals-2012.jpg

I LOVE different. Every team pretty much sticks to the same color template. A large majority of teams have blue as their primary color, just like the brewers. Anything to stand out from the crowd gets a thumbs up in my book. Thats why i was a fan of the gold uniforms.

Is the Brewers old powder blue actually powder blue...is powder blue just a generic term that can vary in actual color?

Cause I always though the 70s or whatever Brewers Blue was much darker than say the Royals...which doesn’t look that bad.

Those Brewers powder blues were hideous outside of the color though. I always thought the yellow was a barf worthy combo, the yellow outline of the letters looked bad, and the blue numbers/letters on blue was also a terrible combo. I don’t know if a lot of you guys are just old where that was the cool jersey in your roaring 20s or something or what...I think they suck.

Would I care if they were an alternate? No, cause I really don’t care about alternate jerseys. They can be ugly and I’d still be fine cause it is at least a change of look over 162 games.

The Royals' powder blues "back in the day" weren't quite the same blue used in the pic here. There's a little more depth to their current version.

Back in the '70s SO many teams had the powder blues and in most cases they were lousy (I count 11: Braves, Phillies, Cardinals, Expos, Brewers, Royals, Rangers, Mariners, Cubs, Twins, Blue Jays).

I was so sick of the Brewers' powder blues and forever thought they were just awful that I was thrilled when then went to road greys around '85 and then to the button-down jerseys in the 1990 season.

To me what makes the current Royals' and Rays' powder blues at least tolerable is a solid-color outline of the white lettering (royal & navy, respectively) that helps make it look clean. Similar-color numbers or lettering on royal jerseys is almost as bad as the Marlins' black-numbers/black-jersey look now -- nothing beats that for awful!

All that said, the idea of cream alternates is more intriguing than the powder blue (which I've never wanted them to return to -- esp. not in any form that mirrors the ugly road uniforms of the '70s & early '80s) . . . though as with anything, of course, that's also dependent on how the look is executed.

Sensing what's coming tonight, I'm both very intrigued . . . and full of incredibly low expectations. More than anything I expect to be disappointed because the look I love most likely will be gone.

For all who end up excited about the new look, having been in your shoes in the past, I know the feeling and I appreciate the excitement that comes with it.

I'd have similar feelings of excitement if they were pretty much leaving things as-is OR doing one or more of the following:

- ditching the Friday retro uni's for a different alternate look or

- removing all yellow in favor of the current gold in the BiG alternates.

Having "Milwaukee" instead of "Brewers" on road grays is immaterial to me, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to that happening.

Maybe the Brewers intentionally leaked the new BiG logo to throw everyone off and they are going to surprise us all with something completely different.

That being said, there’s always the potential that the leaked logo was a prototype and it will be different as well.

Archived