Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP
The Miller Park name will be phased out with relentless mentioning of Amfam Park until it seems so normal to call the place Amfam (or whatever it will be called). After a couple of seasons, it will seem bizarre to call it Miller anymore, although brewerfan will keep the Miller thing going.

It's still the Marcus Amphitheater to me.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they're not side by side, the differences start to fade into the background. Comparing the both of them, the original starts to have a certain "fatness" that starts to not look right. By May, most fans probably wont notice the difference any more.

It is ironic, though, that a team that played Mike Moustakis at second base is going to a primary logo that highlights defense, haha.

All told, if they just got rid of the bridge between the m and the b and kept them separated, I think it’d actually be ok. The more I stare at it, the more that sticks out as the most egregious error.

Also, I still call it the First Wisconsin building

I am not Shea Vucinich

2J5p4N3s.jpg

Ok here are my best mobile device amateur photo editing skills in all their glory

Just losing the bridge alone and restoring the true “m” and “b” makes this logo update 10x more palatable to me

Agree. The bridge is the part that I dislike. Reminds me in for unnecessary yellow material in “Milwaukee” on the navy blue jerseys, where the seam is on the chest. That excess yellow always seemed off to me, just like this bridge will.

I can't help but accept that this change is upon us. I'm very interested to see what it all ends up like. That said...

As much as I think the "normal" ball/glove logo is still pure genius, I absolutely hate that a) they're messing with it at all, and more importantly, b) they're ditching what I think is the best uniform/logo combo they've ever had and one of the best in all of MLB -- perhaps ever -- classic & classy in its style, modern in that it doesn't look antiquated like any teams currently or once in NY, CHI, or the Red Sox.

. . . . And I'm not talking about the navy/yellow of the past couple years, either -- YUCK. Navy/gold. M/barley. Period. Ball/glove should be on the sleeve in navy/gold -- except on alternates where the two logos' locations would be reversed (something I wish they would've done but never have).

I accept that I seem to be in the minority here. So be it. I'll be snatching up all the current stuff I can that looks good. . . . At least the new main color is a version of navy & not royal.

2J5p4N3s.jpg

Ok here are my best mobile device amateur photo editing skills in all their glory

Just losing the bridge alone and restoring the true “m” and “b” makes this logo update 10x more palatable to me

Amen to this. I have been one of the more vocal opponents of the change and just seeing this picture makes it look much better and almost indistinguishable to the untrained eye.

I guess I see zero problem with the change. I think when you're looking at a small bit of the logo between the m and the b and that is the deciding factor between liking it or not, that's the definition of nitpicking, IMO.

Honestly, now that the ball seam issue has been pointed out on the old one, it actually bothers me more than any of the other changes to the revised version...

I guess I see zero problem with the change. I think when you're looking at a small bit of the logo between the m and the b and that is the deciding factor between liking it or not, that's the definition of nitpicking, IMO.

Honestly, now that the ball seam issue has been pointed out on the old one, it actually bothers me more than any of the other changes to the revised version...

Just because it’s small doesn’t mean it’s insignificant. IMO the bridge noticeably changes the logo for the worse, and to me that isn’t nitpicky.

The ball seam is a very small change too. So if that bothers you, you can understand how the bridge bothers others.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Just because it’s small doesn’t mean it’s insignificant. IMO the bridge noticeably changes the logo for the worse, and to me that isn’t nitpicky.

The ball seam is a very small change too. So if that bothers you, you can understand how the bridge bothers others.

Exactly why I said IMO. But I think 99.9% of the fan base will embrace the 'new' logo without much fuss.

When I go to Phoenix to watch a ball game (Brewers visiting there or not), I still refer to Chase Field as Bank One Ballpark. I know, it's just a different bank name and Field instead of Park, but I thought Bank One Ballpark sounded better and less corporate, if that makes sense. It just rolled off the tongue better, in my opinion.

And, I agree with others. If they get rid of that bridge between the M and the B, I'd be fine with it. Right now, I find that part distracting.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Suter, Hiura, and Woodruff will be on hand Monday for a short period of time to sign autographs at the grand reopening. I am guessing they are also in Milwaukee to be apart of the unveiling of the new uniforms...aka model. Just a hunch.

They will have special giveaways all week featuring random junk you don't need if you spend $150+. Also a better gift package for a limited number of people that buy an authentic jersey first.

Teams rarely build up a uniform change. I am guessing it helps sales to make it more an element of surprise. Probably leads to more reactionary buys. They have to do it today though, literally no option not to. The 50th anniversary logo has a BiG logo on it...which I am sure is the new version as it has the new colors. They have a giveaway for people buying an authentic jersey...which will of course feature the 50th logo and of course the new jerseys.

I like the 50th logo though, applause to whoever designed it.

The Brewers made a pretty huge advance deal about unveiling the new uniforms & logos at Brewers Fest in 1994. There's been some degree of advance notice on the changes for '97 & '00, too.

As to whether or not doing so is rare, well, the Marlins' recent examples are the total opposite of rare. And we're not living in other markets to know fully how much PR those various unveilings get. In most cases, we're left to make assumptions based on what's revealed on social media -- an important aspect of PR but far from the only angle people in the local market would get.

Archived