Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

IntentionalHBP

Post on Reddit suggests the brewers will rebrand for 2020 and claims to have a worthy source. The news of AmFam park was leaked before the news broke earlier this year as well. Take it with a grain of salt but with Nike taking control of the uniforms and Miller no longer as a sponsor it seems like it could be legit.

*REVIEWING THE BREW ALSO POSTED:

Brewers 50 year anniversary as well.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The retro logo rebrand is painfully obvious and I’m not exactly shocked if it involves a full rebrand. Seemed pretty inevitable they would dump the logo modeled after the Miller ‘M’ since naming rights are gone.

I guess I was expecting it in 2021 when the stadium name changed, but the jersey provider change makes some sense...and I suppose the 50th anniversary.

It isn’t a question of ‘if’, but when if you ask me. I will be so happy if/when the current logo is gone and the front scripting changes on the uniforms...one can hope.

I like the current uniforms, but they've had a good and long 20 season run. It makes sense to change things back and go back to the classic logo, similarly to what teams like Toronto and Baltimore have done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I much prefer the Miller M logo to the Ball in Glove, at least in terms of what I'll buy and wear. I think the BiG looks cartoonish on me, though I think it looks fine on the players.

I'd take the BiG in navy/gold (NOT YELLOW) as a sleeve logo, but otherwise I greatly prefer EVERYTHING about the current primary uniforms over any version of retro.

The Brewers rebuild, rebrand, and AmFam Park should coincide well with life after the players strike in 2021. We will likely look back at the 2017-2020 years with a twinkle in our eye because of how many games were meaningful and how well we did in the last days of Miller Park.

It will be interesting to see if there is a more modern day looking logo created similar to the current logo OR the current ‘M’ may stay. It doesn’t have to be trashed...though again, the Miller tie makes me think they would. Especially since the break up with Miller seems to be a big reason the switch is happening in the first place.

For what it is worth the Orioles made a change, but still use the previous primary logo. So one could dream if the really hate the BiG logo.

Community Moderator
I would expect the barley M to stick around as an alternative. If they go with something like the spring training unis I’ll be happy. Block lettering, pinstripes, and baby blue can stay in the past.

If they are doing a ReBrand, I think we see the Miller M gone for good. I hope they usher in the Ball in Glove in a new way, and we keep some form of it forever.

It is such a shame that we have to part ways with Miller, it just fit so well.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think Nike uniforms typically looks great. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I am sorry, but that 90s logo is the worst I have ever seen. I am sure there are worse...but that thing is a disaster.

I didn’t mind that gold alternate they had a few years back...but blue pinstripes (any for that matter), no thank you.

Let’s assume that they are definitely switching to the Ball and Glove logo for their primary uniforms. Which of the following color schemes would you most prefer (the third one is a concept someone did with the current color scheme)?

48933337232_0057751bbd_q.jpg

48933337202_03f25cfce0_q.jpg

48932611118_9287de2520_q.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator
Let’s assume that they are definitely switching to the Ball and Glove logo for their primary uniforms. Which of the following color schemes would you most prefer (the third one is a concept someone did with the current color scheme)?

48933337232_0057751bbd_q.jpg

48933337202_03f25cfce0_q.jpg

48932611118_9287de2520_q.jpg

Is the middle one the spring training colors? I love those. The gold is too dark against the navy.

I like the retro colors and I like the pinstripes. So I guess my preference.

Maybe it is just me, but I’m not really a fan of the new look retro color scheme they did. I don’t hate it, but meh, it just seems bland/boring. I try to tell myself they won’t go with that color scheme, but that’s my assumption. It just seems really dumb to casually make it the primary logo/color scheme and then decide to ‘rebrand’ with it that way. Seems like a missed opportunity to hype the new look BiG.

Honestly I’m just getting real sick of the navy jerseys. The only break we get is the home white (used less and less by the day) and the gray roads (can it get more boring than gray?).

Archived