Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't watch this team play 3pt "defense" anymore. I'll just read about it on JSOnline when some team "gets hot" against them in late May and their season is over.

Fortunately they'll have to do it 4 times to end their season.

The Cavs are shooting lights out from 3 tonight. It happens.

Every team in the NBA was between 33.6 and 38% in allowed 3Pt shooting in 2019, the Bucks were right there around the middle at 35.6 and were at 37.7% entering tonight. There's literally about a 1 bucket a game difference between the best and worst teams defending it.

Sometimes a team will catch fire, hit half their 3's, and still lose to us by 9, and we'll have to learn to just accept that when it happens.

"We aren't winning the right way or by enough!"- Way too many Bucks fans this season.

This is the same stuff you hear about the Badgers every Saturday, and the Packers every Sunday. Is this just the instant-ranting allowed by Twitter that allows for immediate negative feedback, or are we truly just not enjoying sports the way fans used to?

My goodness.... Lloyd Carr once said 'I'd take an ugly win over a pretty loss every Saturday.' I still believe that to be true, personally.

"We aren't winning the right way or by enough!"- Way too many Bucks fans this season.

This is the same stuff you hear about the Badgers every Saturday, and the Packers every Sunday. Is this just the instant-ranting allowed by Twitter that allows for immediate negative feedback, or are we truly just not enjoying sports the way fans used to?

My goodness.... Lloyd Carr once said 'I'd take an ugly win over a pretty loss every Saturday.' I still believe that to be true, personally.

If you ever really dig deep into it, its always the same people on message boards, and the same people on Twitter, posting that negativity. It is often the same people across multiple sports as well. I think that there is a lot of people out there who simply watch sports with a very pessimistic slant. That guy is typically at most sports bars, too, but at least at a sports bar you can go sit at the other end of the bar. On social media, that guy is constantly screaming in your ear.

Bucks scored 137 points and only one guy had more than 15. 9 men in double figures in a 41 pt win, and Giannis only had to play 20 minutes.

I mean.... Other than the meh 3 pt defense... They're really rolling right now.

You know James Harden would not have come out after 20 minutes. He loves the counting stats too much.

Last season and this season have been very enjoyable. Especially after enduring the Jason Kidd years.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about the 3pt defense though. I understand that you can't stop everything and the Bucks do a great job of limiting shots in the restricted area and not fouling. That's the basis of why they have the #3 defensive rating per cleaning the glass. It does feel like they've been over helping and taking unnecessary risks recently which have lead to open threes both from the corner and above the break. I'd like to think the Bucks will be able to make adjustments if they run into a FVV like hot streak like they did last season, but Bud isn't exactly known as one to make big adjustments.

I am looking forward to the Clippers game this week. Might be the first real measuring stick game of the season if PG and Kawhi both play.

Last season and this season have been very enjoyable. Especially after enduring the Jason Kidd years.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about the 3pt defense though. I understand that you can't stop everything and the Bucks do a great job of limiting shots in the restricted area and not fouling. That's the basis of why they have the #3 defensive rating per cleaning the glass. It does feel like they've been over helping and taking unnecessary risks recently which have lead to open threes both from the corner and above the break. I'd like to think the Bucks will be able to make adjustments if they run into a FVV like hot streak like they did last season, but Bud isn't exactly known as one to make big adjustments.

I am looking forward to the Clippers game this week. Might be the first real measuring stick game of the season if PG and Kawhi both play.

I would say the Raptors, Celtics, and Utah games were good measuring sticks.

I would say the Raptors, Celtics, and Utah games were good measuring sticks.

Got the Knicks coming up tomorrow.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That could be why Harden didnt get mvp.

Funny you should mention that. While Giannis was sitting, Harden was still in the game when they were up 50 so he could get to 60 points. Still chucking 3s until the second they took him out.

I have no doubt Harden wants to win. I absolutely believe that one of his goals is winning a championship. But there are things that he does that give the perception that he is a me first player. That won't go away when he is staying in a game that his team is winning by 50 points, just so he can reach a milestone

Giannis came out of a game that his team was winning by a blowout when he was just short of a double-double. Dude is not about personal achievements, winning a championship is first and foremost in his mind, and minute management is one of the things that will help them achieve that goal. Part of me believes that's what gave him the edge in the MVP voting last year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This has been an insane run. 16 of their last 17.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived