Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer

I've liked what Cleveland and LA has done with LeBron the way they've had him move without the ball and then get him the ball in motion. Giannis would probably play well like that with his length. Plus that adds more dynamic to a half-court offense which is otherwise pretty stale and 95% reliant on Giannis dribbling past his man. To a degree the same could be said for Middleton, who I'd love to see moving around more on offense.

I agree with the Beal comments. Even though Middleton can drop 30 on anyone, he also doesn't strike me as a guy who gives other teams that "dangerous if not planned for" reaction. Instead it's a 100% focus on Giannis and everyone else gets what they get. But a guy with the skills of Beal really demands that attention because he can create 25 points out of nothing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giannis, when asked about his future: "As long as everybody's on the same page and as long as everybody's fighting for the same thing, fighting for the same thing every single day, which is to be a champion, I don't see why not to be in Milwaukee for the next 15 years."

Giannis, when asked about his future: "As long as everybody's on the same page and as long as everybody's fighting for the same thing, fighting for the same thing every single day, which is to be a champion, I don't see why not to be in Milwaukee for the next 15 years."

Yeah...that's encouraging. Getting Giannis to sign an extension this off-season would be the best(obviously). It'd stop the Bucks from making potential "panic" moves. They obviously need to add talent. And if they could acquire a blue chipper(Beal, Hield) then whatever, do it. But if they give up DD, picks and future options to swap and they're only getting a marginally upgrade...

I guess my point is while everyone would love to see them win and go for it this season, the last thing we want to see is the Bucks totally handcuff themselves and end up like the Wolves with KG. Never able to get over that hump and always making trades or acquisitions that are short sighted.

But again, it's awesome to hear Giannis say this. It'd be so easy for him to be looking for a house in Dallas right now and be gearing up to join Luka, Porzingas and great a BIG-big 3, but he doesn't strike me as the type who wants to go join a team with a superstar already entrenched. Which makes me think Toronto or Miami may be more likely options were he to leave.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Anyway the Bucks can pick up Tyler Herro? Wow. He's gone from "surprising...surpassing all expectations" to "Is that Tyler Herro or Luka Doncic?"

I watched a couple of Kentucky games and he looked okay but was surprised he got drafted as high as he did. Seemed to be a out of this world jump shooter with okay size and okay athleticism but needed strength and experience and a whole lot of other things. I've never been more wrong. Potential superstar. So smooth.

Watching MIA I unfortunately couldn't help but think how perfect Giannis would work in the Bam role for MIA, facilitating from the elbow on O. But of course Giannis tacks on his ridiculous open court on top of it. Hate to say it but MIA and Dal seem like good options who, I think but not sure, have cap space for him next year.

I don't think he and Bam fit well together though, so to this topic maybe a sign/trade happens with them where Bucks get back Bam and Herro? That's best case scenario though, I can't imagine we'd get that much back if it's just a facilitating type trade.

Anyway the Bucks can pick up Tyler Herro? Wow. He's gone from "surprising...surpassing all expectations" to "Is that Tyler Herro or Luka Doncic?"

Zero chance unless Giannis is involved.

I don't think he was seriously suggesting we try and trade for Herro.

Watching MIA I unfortunately couldn't help but think how perfect Giannis would work in the Bam role for MIA, facilitating from the elbow on O. But of course Giannis tacks on his ridiculous open court on top of it. Hate to say it but MIA and Dal seem like good options who, I think but not sure, have cap space for him next year.

I don't think he and Bam fit well together though, so to this topic maybe a sign/trade happens with them where Bucks get back Bam and Herro? That's best case scenario though, I can't imagine we'd get that much back if it's just a facilitating type trade.

They both have the cap space I believe. Or are close enough to creating it without much trouble. Them and the Raptors..which is why they are the three main teams realistically talked about signing Giannis in Free Agency.

• 3 weeks later...
Jimmy Butler played 47 minutes in an elimination game last night. Buds playoff coaching style (which I have defended in the past) just isn't gonna do it.

Midds played 48 in an elimination game this year. A OT game, but I see your point, he likes to rest his guys more than they may need, but that's far from my biggest issue with him.

The Bucks will not win a title with Giannis taking the ball the majority of the time and being asked to drive and then kick or score. There are too many good, athletic big guys who can defend that there will always be a team that can stop us in the playoffs when you actually scheme and game plan.

If we have another superstar...maybe it could work, but we don't. That's the issue I've got with Bud...and I don't think he's going to change it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Games during the 2019-2020 season (Regular + Playoffs) with 39+ minutes played:

29 - Harden

27 - Lillard

25 - Lowry

23 - Tatum

21 - Davis

17 - Jokic

17 - Simmons

16 - Butler

14 - Tucker

13 - Leonard

12 - LeBron

0 - Antetokounmpo

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I've heard McCollum's name come up as a possibility for the Bucks, and I think he'd be just as good of an option as Beal since he's another type of guy who can create scoring.

I'd love to see the ball be taken out of Giannis' hands more. That should really help improve the half-court game if Giannis can move around more and off-ball picks can be set to get him favorable matchups instead of the current strategy where he tries to drive a couple of times and if it doesn't work, just dump it off for somebody else's jumper.

I'm starting to accept the possibility that Middleton won't be on the team next year, and I don't totally hate the thought. He's a good #3, but if him leaving brings us a more appropriate #2 I'm all for it.

I've heard McCollum's name come up as a possibility for the Bucks, and I think he'd be just as good of an option as Beal since he's another type of guy who can create scoring.

I'd love to see the ball be taken out of Giannis' hands more. That should really help improve the half-court game if Giannis can move around more and off-ball picks can be set to get him favorable matchups instead of the current strategy where he tries to drive a couple of times and if it doesn't work, just dump it off for somebody else's jumper.

I'm starting to accept the possibility that Middleton won't be on the team next year, and I don't totally hate the thought. He's a good #3, but if him leaving brings us a more appropriate #2 I'm all for it.

Yea I think the italics is the biggest thing to address. Look how AD is used as the complement to LBJ. That should be the goal with Giannis, and then add in that Giannis is better than AD and all the open court stuff Giannis can do. But it would make half court so much better and less physically demanding on him, plus it might work in the late playoffs which the current way doesn't.

Archived