Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
Curious about one thing. Before the season I said I considered Bud on the hot seat if the Bucks didn't win the East. Basically everyone jumped down my throat over that. I don't think there's any way he's fired given the bubble situation, but do you still think he's not on the hot seat? I sure as hell do. Let's assume Giannis does sign a supermax, which is a big assumption. I do not think Bud coaching in 2022 is anywhere near a given.

I completely agree. Bud is an complete and utter buffoon come playoff time. Why he continues to play Giannis only 35-36 MPG is just mind boggling to me. Not to mention opposing coaches are coaching circles around him for the second year in a row. This can't continue and expect him to still be the head coach going forward.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if you guys were watching but Giannis was almost limping around in the 4th and that is why he wasn't playing the minutes.

Giannis when he was on Butler was like watching an old man in a walker guarding Butler. Giannis had no quickness or burst at all.

Not sure if you guys were watching but Giannis was almost limping around in the 4th and that is why he wasn't playing the minutes.

Giannis when he was on Butler was like watching an old man in a walker guarding Butler. Giannis had no quickness or burst at all.

Then how do you explain the prior two years before tonight?

Regarding Bud, depends what Giannis wants. I mean, Bud should be gone. Dame thing happened in ATL, now here twice. And in magnificent choking style both times. But if Giannis wants him, like he wanted Middleton, Bud stays.

Here's the problem. Bud or no Bud, how do they improve the roster with a legit difference maker? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure they're locked in with who who they do to cap, current contracts, etc.

Then how do you explain the prior two years before tonight?

Because 90% of the time Giannis has 4 fouls half way through the 3rd. You either play him and risk him picking up another or you sit him. Sitting Giannis is the right move.

Regarding Bud, depends what Giannis wants. I mean, Bud should be gone. Dame thing happened in ATL, now here twice. And in magnificent choking style both times. But if Giannis wants him, like he wanted Middleton, Bud stays.

Here's the problem. Bud or no Bud, how do they improve the roster with a legit difference maker? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure they're locked in with who who they do to cap, current contracts, etc.

I don't have the blueprint, but I've heard this so many times from so many teams and when there is a will, there's a way. There are salary dumps all the time in the NBA. I don't know what they could do or what's out there, but they might as well trade Giannis if the plan is just to run it back.

Last year was their chance to do it with this squad. They would have run that banged up GS team out of the building. Time to change the plan.

Giannis would be crazy to sign the supermax unless all he wants is the most money right now.

Imo the Bucks can't trade him either. You have to do something drastic now to take your shot next season. If he leaves so be it. Trading him for some guy and a pick isn't getting the Bucks a title. This is it. Next year is your last shot.

It's Prince Fielder redux. Gotta roll the dice and hope going all-in yields some results. It almost worked for the Brewers!

It's a weird season obviously, like someone else pointed out to me it's like watching the Badgers play a Bahamas holiday tourney. I have always said I just assume Giannis is leaving and will be pleasantly surprised if he doesn't but I don't know if this collapse will carry that much weight in his decision other than giving him an excuse if he was already planning on leaving. Getting swept out in second round would be a pretty ugly exit though.

Probably an unpopular move but I would trade Giannis this off season if a miracle doesn't happen this postseason.

Maybe something like this:

Lillard and Beal to the Bucks

Hill and Whiteside to the Wizards

Giannis and Bledsoe to the Trailblazers

Some picks would have to change hands here but I think the Trailblazers and the Wizards win big here. The Wizards are going nowhere and at best they are an 8 seed in the East and they would just have to wait out Wall's contract and Whiteside is an expiring contract. They then get an easy to trade Hill in either the 2020-2021 season or in the 2021-2022 season.

The Bucks get two dynamic guards to pair with Middleton and Lopez. Lillard and Beal at PG and SG would be very hard to stop and when you mix in Middleton and Lopez that gives you 4 different scoring options all from mid-range to long range. Beal can score inside and outside and Lillard is a better 3-pt shooter and a better ball handler than [sarcasm]Drew[/sarcasm] Bledsoe is.

I would take a team of Lillard, Beal and Middleton over having Giannis I think this team would be better offensively though it would take a hit defensively but I can live with that as the offense would be more consistent with Lillard and Beal.

Thought we might see Giannis storm out of the tunnel. Must be hurt pretty good.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Thought we might see Giannis storm out of the tunnel. Must be hurt pretty good.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived