Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
I know the Heat are a bad matchup, and coronavirus and all that, but there's absolutely no way to rationalize that being eliminated in the 2nd round this year wouldn't be a massive disappointment of a season.

Absolutely. It certainly has the makings of a long series. I don't want to read too much into one game though.

Here is what I will say as a positive. This was a 1 point game with 5 minutes left with

- Giannis being about as bad as he can be

- Giannis and Lopez being in foul trouble.

- Jimmy Butler shot better than he has all year - maybe it is a sign of things to come but probably not.

- No Eric Bledsoe really hurt our defense. Hill is just not as good at defense.

- Pat C seeing the court way too much.

I am sure Miami has a list of things as well like Duncan Robinson not giving them much of anything.

Here is what I will say as a positive. This was a 1 point game with 5 minutes left with

- Giannis being about as bad as he can be

- Giannis and Lopez being in foul trouble.

- Jimmy Butler shot better than he has all year - maybe it is a sign of things to come but probably not.

- No Eric Bledsoe really hurt our defense. Hill is just not as good at defense.

- Pat C seeing the court way too much.

I am sure Miami has a list of things as well like Duncan Robinson not giving them much of anything.

Lopez in foul trouble was a big one...in my eyes. Williams had way to many minutes at the 5.

Jimmy Butler just going off in the 4th quarter with Wes Matthews sitting on the bench was maddening.

Jimmy Butler making any jump shots was also kind of maddening since he didnt do that at all this season. But you are right he seemed to own both Middleton and Pat when they guarded him.

We need Giannis and Lopez to stay out of foul trouble. That will mean better technique and less reaching but it will also mean the refs not falling for every exaggerated reaction from Butler, Crowder and others

I think Giannis would be nuts to come back if they do end up eliminated here. I wouldn't blame him one bit. I love Giannis, but I'm beginning to comp him to Shaq in that he's too one dimensional a player without a second star. We've been masquerading Middleton as that, but I don't think anyone really buys it.

Community Moderator
It has the feel of one of those Giants-Packers playoff games where you sense it isn't flukey and they are just getting beat straight up. Nothing I've seen thus far has really inspired me to think the Bucks fan win this series. I dunno. Think they're in big trouble.

I was thinking this for a bit but they upped the intensity a bit later in the second quarter. I hope the Bucks keep posting up, it was far more effective than drive+dish for a 3.

It has the feel of one of those Giants-Packers playoff games where you sense it isn't flukey and they are just getting beat straight up. Nothing I've seen thus far has really inspired me to think the Bucks fan win this series. I dunno. Think they're in big trouble.

The way Bledsoe has played has inspired confidence..a little. He's so strong and long that he should be able to finish at the basket like he has. And the Heat had been nailing 3's.

But everytime we get a little run going, the Heat seem to just suck all the momentum out of the Bucks.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I was thinking this for a bit but they upped the intensity a bit later in the second quarter. I hope the Bucks keep posting up, it was far more effective than drive+dish for a 3.

Yes...and they've gotten much better ball movement when they're working out of the post.

The way Bledsoe has played has inspired confidence..a little. He's so strong and long that he should be able to finish at the basket like he has. And the Heat had been nailing 3's.

But everytime we get a little run going, the Heat seem to just suck all the momentum out of the Bucks.

Turnovers suck all the momentum.

Turnovers suck all the momentum.

Sure, that's definitely been a big part of it...but the Heat have been knocking down 3's seemingly everytime we get something going. They need to be much smarter with the ball and Giannis HAS to stay under control.

Archived