Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That was quite the comeback. Bucks clinch #1 seed.

The Bucks outscored Miami 74-43 in the 2nd Half

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one posts a thing about the headbutt? A little surprising. He's had a few tantrums lately. Hope he doesn't turn out to be an idiot.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

No one posts a thing about the headbutt? A little surprising. He's had a few tantrums lately. Hope he doesn't turn out to be an idiot.

It's basically a pre-season game and all results therein shan't be mentioned. I think we can start talking again on Tuesday, is it?

He's 7 years into his career. I think we know who he is.

He's been getting hammered constantly,not to mention getting kicked in the nuts.

I think he's been pretty restrained, save for the little head "tap." It looked much worse in real time though. It looked like he got him much better.

Definitely stupid, but I don't think it's any harbinger of things to come with Giannis.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

He's one of the most well-liked and well-respected guys in the league. One tap on the forehead that the guy flopped on doesn't suddenly turn Gianni's into Ben Wallace or Ron Arrest. he definitely shouldn't have done it but like others have said he constantly gets hacked and kicked and punched, and I get it even if it's something he knows he shouldn't have done.

[sarcasm]If Giannis was white would this conversation be happening?[/sarcasm]

Fixed. I hope.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If Giannis was white would this conversation be happening?

Seriously?

Yeah, it would be. There was plenty of conversation around Brad Davison when he was suspended for a game in January. Fans were generally much harsher on Davison, deservedly so.

I'm shocked that anyone went here much less a mod. I don't think Giannis is dirty at all and I think he's been nothing short of a class act who had his frustration boil over and was deservedly punished for an act that I'm sure he regrets. But anytime any player on your team, much less a star player is suspended for headbutting another player, yes it's conversation worthy.

But no I don't it is anything indicative of Giannis aside from one minor mistake.

If Giannis was white would this conversation be happening?

This seems like a ridiculous thing to ask.

What conversation? NOBODY was talking about our MVP-Superstar who got ejected for head butting someone until someone said...basically 'why is nobody talking about this.' And then added, "hope he doesn't turn out to be an idiot," a comment in which not one person agreed with and in and of itself also has nothing to do with race. It WAS a significant event and Giannis is an emotional player.

That said I can't fathom how you could suggest that this is being talked about because he's not white. I haven't seen any evidence of racism on this forum(not saying it hasn't happened, but I haven't seen it) and I have no idea why it'd begin now? I don't see how it's unfair or even dog whistle type racism to actaully talk about it.

Giannis is one of the most beloved players in the NBA and he's certainly loved in Milwaukee like no other player I can recall. Maybe Ray Allen was loved...but not like Giannis.

This seems like the type of topic that you'd talk about on a forum dedicated to a State's sports team no matter who the player was or what the sport was.

If anything, I think the question should be, "does Giannis only get 1 game if he's not an MVP." The penalty was a bit light. There was a significant flop, but he did try to headbut someone and I think you get 2 games or more for that if it's a normal player and the playoffs aren't starting.

When you superstar player gets suspended for a headbutt it is going to be talked about, but no I don't think it says anything negative about his character.

Agreed...completely. To me this was a sign of his frustration. Frustration that they're on a pretty bad run that pre-dates the bubble winning 4 of their last 13 and that Giannis himself is constantly getting hacked out there, but because he's so much bigger and more physical, he doesn't get the calls that perhaps he should. I remember Shag losing his mind and throwing a wild punch...and I don't think anyone thought or thinks Shaq is a bad guy or has some character flaws.

Sports obviously get very intense and Giannis is the player he is because he has an ALMOST Jordan like tenacity that he plays with...so it's not a shock that he'd get emotional at times.

Lets ask this...if Donic did the same thing...would people be talking about it? Of course. Though I'm far MORE convinced that it's not a sign of any flaw in Giannis than I would be with basically any other player in the league given how earnest and genuine he's been so far in his career. Maybe he does a complete 180 and we see him going into the stands taking out rows of people with a single swing...but I kinda doubt it and think the apolgetic version of Giannis after the game is a better indicator of what he's like moving forward.

Community Moderator
When you superstar player gets suspended for a headbutt it is going to be talked about, but no I don't think it says anything negative about his character.

Agreed...completely. To me this was a sign of his frustration. Frustration that they're on a pretty bad run that pre-dates the bubble winning 4 of their last 13 and that Giannis himself is constantly getting hacked out there, but because he's so much bigger and more physical, he doesn't get the calls that perhaps he should. I remember Shag losing his mind and throwing a wild punch...and I don't think anyone thought or thinks Shaq is a bad guy or has some character flaws.

Sports obviously get very intense and Giannis is the player he is because he has an ALMOST Jordan like tenacity that he plays with...so it's not a shock that he'd get emotional at times.

Lets ask this...if Donic did the same thing...would people be talking about it? Of course. Though I'm far MORE convinced that it's not a sign of any flaw in Giannis than I would be with basically any other player in the league given how earnest and genuine he's been so far in his career. Maybe he does a complete 180 and we see him going into the stands taking out rows of people with a single swing...but I kinda doubt it and think the apolgetic version of Giannis after the game is a better indicator of what he's like moving forward.

Agree 100%. I was kind of surprised that there might be other interpretations, which is kind of what prompted my intentionally provocative post.

One of the best regular-seasons in history turned into a long layoff turned into....whatever this is. Momentum lost, no more home-court advantage, teammates not where they were and hack-a-Giannis in full effect. And wasn't there a Stephen King novel about a town trapped inside a bubble?

I'm amazed he's not out there throwing haymakers. The level of stress all the players are under has to be immense.

Oh, and a new baby, which of course isn't stressful at all.

Not surprised some of it has bled out even by one of the nicest guys in the League.

If Orlando was any good they would be up 30 by now. A loss might be good for the Bucks but I still can't see the Magic winning this game.

They're up 18 and you can't see them winning this game? Of course the Bucks could come back and win but they absolutely could lose this game. But yes the Bucks have recovered from bigger deficits, 18 is not huge in today's game.

I think last time I looked, Gamecast had Orlando at 86% to win...whatever that is worth.

yeah now would be a good time to hit the panic button. I grant you, that if they were playing a team like the Raptors they would be down by 30, but still they have been lackadaisical for sometime now. hopefully they get a wakeup call at halftime.

I also am not sure that a loss would be "good" for the Bucks. Maybe back when they were blowing everyone out by 20 but they have really not captured momentum again since they returned to action. I think playing some good basketball again and getting back into a dominant rhythm would be good for them. I don't see how losing a game to an 8 seed would be helpful right now. I think they know they need to play better, no wakeup call needed.

Archived