Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Citing past struggles, Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo won't complain about NBA's Orlando bubble conditions. "I'm happy that we're back playing basketball, something that I love doing, so there's nothing really to complain about," he said.

Giannis just seems like a really good down to earth dude that hasn't forgotten where he came from. I hope he's here for his entire career.

It was also really dumb to run to complain about the food the first two days when they're in complete lockdown mode. So all the food has to be pre packaged. After they get out of that initial quarantine they have numerous good restaurants. And sure, one might get cooked poorly here and there, just like it could anywhere else.

Biggest concern for the Bucks so far to me is I don't think there has been a Bledsoe sighting or any word on him.

I saw Richaun Holmes broke the bubble to get...McDonald's, and now has a 10-day quarantine.

I think it's clear by now Bledsoe was the positive test. I also wondered previously what the point was of having the non-playoff games at all, but I think we know now. There were some seeds to iron out, sure, but I think it was also just to provide a buffer between positive tests, logistics and the playoffs.

Good point. I know at the beginning of this I was surprised they put so much time before starting. It now makes sense. Time for pre testing and quarantine in the bubble, then a buffer for stuff like this, combine that with the extra money and it makes sense. Still, I think I probably would've cut it down and lowered the risk. But with TBT working I'm reasonably confident this will be ok.

Citing past struggles, Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo won't complain about NBA's Orlando bubble conditions. "I'm happy that we're back playing basketball, something that I love doing, so there's nothing really to complain about," he said.

Giannis just seems like a really good down to earth dude that hasn't forgotten where he came from. I hope he's here for his entire career.

Losing Giannis would be just heartbreaking. I can't even think of another way to word it. There's no player in Milwaukee history since I've been a fan that would even come close. I'm too young for Kareem, but he won a title here and just doesn't have(or seem to have) the same type of easy going personality off the court and that Jordan-esque attitude on the court that makes him such a tough competitor.

I remember what a gut punch it was losing Molitor...but he was later in his career. I would imagine losing Giannis would be like the Cavs losing LeBron....but very likely without winning them a title.

Sports isn't the end of the world no matter what happens, but I can't think of anything that could happen to Wisconsin sports that'd be worse than losing Giannis.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

The NBA is not really endearing itself to me with players whining about (perfectly fine) Disney hotel rooms and food that lots of people eat everyday. Not sure what they were expecting to happen there. I don't have an issue with them being annoyed with the accommodations or food, but it would seem like a better idea to keep that in house and not complain about Disney resorts that many people save years to spend a few days in -- while many of those people have lost jobs or family members.

It was like four guys. If this turns you off my guess is you weren't all that interested in the first place. There were just as many guys saying they had it much worse growing up.

It was more than four guys and given that they'd been there for one day, and one of them is one of the biggest stars in the league, I'd say that's significant.

I also didn't say that it "turned me off," I said it wasn't endearing and that it was a bad look for the league and amazingly tone deaf. I didn't call for a boycott of the league.

What's odd, though, is that JR Smith is one of those guys who had it a lot worse.

I've only seen Smith, McLemore, and Rondo complain...

I've seen a lot more about "the players" complaining than what other players actually complained.

Which superstar complained about the accommodations?

• 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Three hour NBA games are hard to watch. I think I will tape and watch delated so I can run through the commercials and other NBA nonsense..

Agreed. We had it on last night and as we approached the end of the first half, I kept thinking it should be the end of the 3rd quarter...

I heard on the radio (The crossover) that the Nets on top of all the players already missing will have even more sitting tonight. No reason to start anybody of significance for the Bucks tonight.

Should be a good game to have Bledsoe play in.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That was an UGLY last three min last night. Really missed Bledsoe on the offensive end.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator
That was an UGLY last three min last night. Really missed Bledsoe on the offensive end.

Yes, super sloppy on offense which was the difference. Defense was solid, although the Rockets (except Westbrook) are the most horrendous team to watch in the league. Same thing every possession...drive to the free throw line, dish out for a 3, rinse, repeat.

I'm not all that worried yet. Things are still weird right now. These are almost pre-season tuneups to some point where they are still figuring things out again.

With that said I don't have the confidence that we roll out of the East anymore that I did pre-COVID. Probably anybody's best guess between us, Toronto and Philly. Losing homecourt sucks.

Embarrassing. Predictable.

Glorified preseason game. Who cares?

Right, these regular season games don't matter for the Bucks. What is predictable is they will be the #1 seed no matter what happens in these games.

Embarrassing. Predictable.

Glorified preseason game. Who cares?

Right, these regular season games don't matter for the Bucks. What is predictable is they will be the #1 seed no matter what happens in these games.

Giannis plays 16 minutes and we lose by 3 to a team we could face in the first round.

I don't find that game the least big embarrassing...or predictable. We SHOULD have been able to win but it's more about getting guys legs back under them.

The ONLY thing we're playing for right now is to get guys in shape and hitting their stride. And we'll still have a easy 1st round series to help with that.

Archived