Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
Cancel the season, nobody cares anyway. Liable to be injuries at this point like when NFL/MLB players show up late to camp.

I sure don’t want the one title in Bucks history to have an asterisk, imagine other teams feel the same.

if the best team in the regular season wins the title, there is no asterisk. now if the Magic comes in at the #16 and manages to win it all somehow, then we can talk about that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win or lose somebody somewhere will make some excuse. But ultimately it is what it is. And for whatever team wins, I'd only guess it won't quite feel as satisfying, but nothing you can do.

But I do hope there's some kind of multi-game tournament to finish the season. I'd have no problem with extending the season a month or so if it came to it. I'm hoping for a normal-like playoffs even if that does mean cutting short the regular season.

If the Bucks were a Herb Kohl "Hoping for the #8 seed" team I don't think I'd care about making or not making the playoffs. But at least the Top 4 teams in each league have earned something more than a crapshoot, if it comes to that.

I don't really care whether anyone says theres an asterisk next to a title the Bucks won. I just want to see them win a damn title with Giannis. I don't want to see that opportunity taken away just because some talking heads will debate whether or not it was legitimate.

I'm in the middle. I do not want the NBA (or MLB,NFL) play on neutral sites with no fans. I rather just cancel the season. For me, enjoying the ride is a big part of winning a title.

That said, if the Bucks would win it all this year there's no asterisk. They were the best team all year, and if they win it they deserve the title- period. I've been waiting longer than most all of you for a Bucks title, and I will celebrate. At the same time, it just won't be as fun under this format they're proposing.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yeah, that's where I'm at. I want a Wisconsin title. I don't care if it's in an empty arena. I mean, would it be *as* fun? No, but it would be a title, and I'd be super proud and I'd be happy.

I mean, I'd rather have a Bucks 2019/20 world title hat/t-shirt than not, just because they played it in an empty arena.

NBCSports has SNL skits up as their featured article on their website. Recently it was a non-athlete doing a cooking demonstration. Holy moly do we need sports back.

It's just so frustrating that the Bucks have been SO bad for SO long. But now that they're the best team in the NBA, yeah, we're going to have to go ahead and shut it all down.

On another note, JR Smith, telling it like it is. If you don't have order you will have a lot of this type of behavior. At this time I cannot disagree with his response, because there is no one else to help him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-guard-j-r-smith-beats-up-man-who-allegedly-vandalized-his-truck-during-protest-in-los-angeles/

looks like 22 team season starting in July

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29260860/sources-nba-approve-plan-22-team-return-eight-regular-season-games

Bucks would play 8 games before the playoffs, with no possible home field advantage. I wonder how the bucks would treat these games. You would think they would play the majority of them full bore.

Generally agree, though I might not use the term full bore. Seems to make sense that you'd want your main guys to all play and play serious in order to get into game shape again. But, the games are essentially meaningless for the Bucks as they'll have the 1 seed locked in for the East and there is no home court for the Finals. So there isn't a need to go all out so to speak to win the games or push anyone that might risk injury. But you do want to take the games serious and play to win. With Giannis' personality, I doubt that'll be a problem

Community Moderator
I think the Bucks are at a bit of a disadvantage having to play the winner of the play-in tournament. I would rather be in a 2 vs. 7 matchup instead of getting the hottest bubble team that will have already played in elimination games. Given that situation I think they need to play the starters as much as possible.

I think the Bucks are at a bit of a disadvantage having to play the winner of the play-in tournament. I would rather be in a 2 vs. 7 matchup instead of getting the hottest bubble team that will have already played in elimination games. Given that situation I think they need to play the starters as much as possible.

The play-in winner will only have beaten another equivalent team. While I'd concede that these are unusual circumstances where we don't know exactly how things will play out, I have no concern about any 8 seed team against the Bucks unless the series were cut to 3 games.

NBA has approved resuming play in Orlando on July 22nd. Still needs approval from the player's association, but it is all but official, we will have a finish to the NBA season and a 19-20 NBA Champion.

Man, I truly hope I'm wrong, but this thing feels like it's going to be really stupid. The crowd is such a huge, intimate part of the NBA playoffs. I just can't imagine this feeling like it's anything other than a weird neighborhood dunk contest. Maybe the production value will blow us away.

Sounds like they've confirmed today the normal East/West. So we can cross that issue off the list.

But yea, I have no idea how this will go. I guess I'm a bit more optimistic than that, in regards to the real playoffs. The 8 games though yea I could see being real bad. But for playoffs one would think the players would be as serious as ever. But yea sure will be weird without fans though. IDK, maybe it's a good thing to eliminate that outside noise and just play, should help a guy like Bledsoe. You'd think it should lead to better officiating at least without them having to play to the crowd

With a 6.5 game lead for the 1 seed I'd probably play most if it like the preseason and maybe ramp up the last 2-3 like actual regular season.

Finals would be played in October, which should make it a busy month assuming baseball gets its act together.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Agree. And how quick drafts and FA will happen and have to get done. I don't know if I said in here, but I'm surprised it's going to take until end of July to get this started. Seems like that could've been moved up and reduced football overlap, and of course getting us entertained quicker, haha. I thought this especially since there is now the 8 warm up games as opposed to jumping right to playoffs. But I'm sure they'll have a 'safe than sorry' type view getting things ready.

Archived